16/8 Diet ?

GreeneHunter

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

I did the 16/8 thing for a awhile back and found it to be a license to eat! At 7:59 I was slamming full plates to hold me over! Not what is intended by the plan.

I did get into the paleo diet a few years back (ultimately eat like a caveman-if you can’t kill it or pick it you can’t eat it). Serious paleo people worked fasts into their plans as well considering early man did not have good supplies stocked up and would go days without substantial chow.

All these plans work HOWEVER self discipline is REQUIRED. But hell if we had that we wouldn’t need diet plans!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they work what happens is once you loose the weight you forget about it you forget to do what you did in the first place to loose that weight and little by little over time you gain it back you dont even notice then one day the pants or shirt you put on feels like it  shrunk in the washing machine  and,  You get on the scale and the 20 ib you lost is back . :)

I lost 110 pounds 10 years ago.  Did it by diet and work out and it took me 2 years.   Worked out ALL the time. Every spare minute. And 50 pounds have since crept back onto me.  

So on the diet to lose at the least 36 by Oct 1.  

Worst part about it is the desk job that is long days at 5:15 am at work then home at 5 . Esp in the winter.  Makes workout time difficult and I am older. But I can do it. Did it before. Less eats more action!  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I did Whole 30 last April and lost 21lbs. I was hoping to not feel tired all the time but that didn’t change. Maybe I’ll try IF starting next week

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am the same way. Doctor did an in office stress test. I wanted the dye injected one, but the office one was sufficient.

I combined keto and IF on hrs 16/8 and lost about 45 lbs starting in march of this year.  hunting and holidays probably put about 10lbs back on,  but it teaches you about self control and shows really how much you need to eat for real every day.   I've never eaten so many avacados!

• Like 1

A few years ago I weighed almost 100 pounds more than I do today! I had to do something about it, as it was really effecting the quality of my life. 

My main motivation to lose weight, was being here for my family. After a visit to my doctor, he told me, lose weight or I wouldn't be around for long. As I'm also type 2 diabetic.

I decided to do something about it! I'm a pretty simple guy. So I simply figured if I ate Iess, I'd lose weight. And it worked for me. I pretty much cut out all sweets, and would always leave food on my plate. I ate all the foods I did before, but only about half the amount. After a while, my mind and body adjusted to this, and it became normal for me. Didn't all come off fast either, took about a year and a half to get to my goal of 200lbs. Down from just shy of 300lbs. I've kept it off for almost five years now! Went to the doc's last week, weighed 204 after all the holiday meals.

Now if I could just lose a little around the middle, I'd be good to go for another hundred thousand miles!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

What did the doctor suggest? Or was there something else going on (thats none of my business of course)

It was my idea about the stress test.  Went right through the whole test without an issue. I believe insurance wouldn't pay for the dye test, but don't quote me on that. This is when I went on the high protein, lower carb. diet. If the body is lugging arounda bunch of extra baggage, it takes energy to do it, thus the tired feeling.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Rattler said:

Look at photos of people on farms 100 years ago.  Very thin.  Lots of physical activity every day.  Look at civil war soldiers.  Even civil war families were thin.  Look at photos of average Americans in the 40's and 50's.  few were obese.  they had more activity in their lives and the food was more natural.

Today, I struggle to find food that is low in sodium.

Just the half a gallon of soda we drink every day probably has more calories then what they had to eat 100 years ago :)

not to mention all the other crap that is now common in most foods we eat today .

• Like 2

"So simple..."  many are saying. But your simple method isn't long term. Reducing caloric intake will cause you to lose weight. But you will put it back on, your metabolic rate will adjust to the lower calories and eventually you'll be right back where you started. 

August 25th I started doing a 16-8 thing, with occasional intermittent fasting. Cut out added sugars and sugary drinks, started eating a lot less carbs, especially refined wheat, barley eating bread or similar. I did this more for a blood sugar thing, than a weight lose thing, I found out I was pre-diabetic. I've lost 45 pounds so far.

Friends and coworkers keep saying "you're starving yourself!"  I have to laugh, because the truth is I'm eating a lot more than I was. It's not really how much you're eating, but what. Calories are not created equal, people put too much stock in them as numbers and the numbers are deceiving. And when you eat can be as important as what you eat. 

Edited by cas
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...

Well I've been doing the 16/8 diet for a month now and haven't lost anything .... not one damn pound ! I'm doing the 10 am to 6 pm schedulae and when it hits 10 am its like the gate opens at the track .... you wouldn't want to get between me and food at that time .... LOL  Probably need to adjust my intake and get more on the treadmill !   Somethings gotta give !

I did Keto early December until last week. It took me several weeks to get in the zone, but I did get there and got back one notch on my belt. Its coming though back as I love my sweets. So hard to say no.  Keto did what I wanted. I suspect I could have gotten similar results by cutting down on my food intake.