Carrying a 1911

Chef

I occasionally carry a springfield champion operator. 4.25" bull barrel, no bushing. Mag capacity in ny doesn't really make a difference like in other states. I usually carry a extra mag if im carrying my g26 or the 1911 in colder weather. Carried it in the woods last year hoping for a close shot on a deer.

20171118_143648.jpg

Edited by Gencountyzeek

A friend of mine carries a Sig 938, which bears some similarities to a compact 1911. He previously carried an officer 's 1911. Something you might want to consider. Also, EAA has a polymer frame 1911, that you can research reviews, etc. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, Rattler said:

If you look at 9mm or even .380 ACP 1911 style pistols, you will find many that are much smaller and lighter than any 1911 in .45 ACP.  Are you adamant about carrying a .45 ACP?

The Sig P938 fits the bill exactly if you are willing to drop to a 9mm.  I could never carry a full size 1911 in any caliber. Just to big and heavy.  I love the P938... perfect  solution. PS: It also has amazing night sights.

Edited by nybuckboy

The Sig P938 fits the bill exactly if you are willing to drop to a 9mm.  I could never carry a full size 1911 in any caliber. Just to big and heavy.  I love the P938... perfect  solution. PS: It also has amazing night sights.

Yea that’s one I’ve looked at it’s between that and a few smaller kimber models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chef I was wrong not in Yonkers....But up is Sloatsburg,past davis on 17 also on your right side is a place called Master Arms......He has some stock....Good luck..

I know the place never been inside but I know it. Thanks! I’ll take a ride over there it ain’t that far

• Like 1

My bad - it's a 5" 1911 Springfield Arms in 45 cal. Here are some pics for you for comparison. The last pic is my every EDC set up with a Smart Carry holster.

SA 1911 5" barrel. 40oz. 8.6" overall

Sig P938 3" barrel 16oz. 5.9" overall

S&W 380 2.75" barrel 12.3oz. 5.75" overall

The one pic shows the 380 on top of the P938

fullsizeoutput_6b9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_6ba.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_6bb.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_6bc.jpeg

• Like 1

I know the place never been inside but I know it. Thanks! I’ll take a ride over there it ain’t that far

Davis is a rip-off but not bad to window-shop at ripoffs just don't do the final buy there

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, nybuckboy said:

My bad - it's a 5" 1911 Springfield Arms in 45 cal. Here are some pics for you for comparison. The last pic is my every EDC set up with a Smart Carry holster.

SA 1911 5" barrel. 40oz. 8.6" overall

Sig P938 3" barrel 16oz. 5.9" overall

S&W 380 2.75" barrel 12.3oz. 5.75" overall

The one pic shows the 380 on top of the P938

fullsizeoutput_6b9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_6ba.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_6bb.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_6bc.jpeg

That rig would just fit nicely around Moog's calf....

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Isn’t this your favorite carry ? 

The Model 342 ti is the one I carry the most, 11oz empty is what appeals to me.  Model 37 is relegated to ankle carry (cause that is what my Alessi holster is set up for).

The gun pictured above was purchased while I was searching for (hens tooth) the 342. 

Davis is a rip-off but not bad to window-shop at ripoffs just don't do the final buy there

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yea I know, I have a relationship over at A and J in bardonia. That’s exactly what i did today was window shop. Davis pissed me off years ago when I asked them to measure my wife’s draw length l, and their response was are you buying a bow today. I said not sure we are just shopping right now. They told me they would measure her when we were ready to buy. Screw that place