Carrying a 1911

Chef

I agree Davis is not only a rip-off the guys are ass wipes....Chef I use an archery shop in mamaroneck if you need anything guys are great and very helpful....

Yea I got to extreme for a lot of stuff that was years ago. I just can’t buy bows form
Then because they don’t have Matthews

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that model holds the record for the most self-inflicted wounds.   This guy shows how to do it.

Sounds like it was just as much a holster issue as a gun issue/ a dumb ass issue lol .

• Like 1

Just now, chefhunter86 said:

Maybe it was a bad thing god let him keep them because now that moron can reproduce

The real beauty of that relationship is: that He always makes things work out for good for those who believe in Him.   In this case, that good might experienced by some of the millions who have watched the video.   

The real beauty of that relationship is: that He always makes things work out for good for those who believe in Him.   In this case, that good might experienced by some of the millions who have watched the video.   

Crap I just got wolc’d

• Like 1

Maybe it was a bad thing god let him keep them because now that moron can reproduce

I think if anything that video depicts one of the big downsides to the 1911, calling an instructor that’s shot more rounds than all of us combined a moron is short sighted. Same reason you often hear about cops having ND’s when you’re doing it every day you’re more likely to make a mistake. It’s safe to say if that was a glock that wouldn’t have happened.

• Like 1

I think if anything that video depicts one of the big downsides to the 1911, calling an instructor that’s shot more rounds than all of us combined a moron is short sighted. Same reason you often hear about cops having ND’s when you’re doing it every day you’re more likely to make a mistake. It’s safe to say if that was a glock that wouldn’t have happened.

How would that not have happened with a glock? Glock’s have no safety? Much more likely to happen with no safety?

I have carried a 1911 Commander as my primary ccw for years,I love the .45acp and only carry a 9mm when it's really hot out and I need a smaller frame carry gun.  I used to shoot around 1k rounds per week for years out of my 1911's and they have been just as reliable as all of my Glocks.  

• Like 1

I have carried a 1911 Commander as my primary ccw for years,I love the .45acp and only carry a 9mm when it's really hot out and I need a smaller frame carry gun.  I used to shoot around 1k rounds per week for years out of my 1911's and they have been just as reliable as all of my Glocks.  

That being said how much lighter/ more comfortable would you say the commander is than a government size

Just a word on gun stores, I like the Davis in Goshen over Sufern by a lot and they have a range. Master Arms is a nice knowledgeable guy but his prices are high. Master Class in Monroe has nice staff and a range. They give a discount on gun purchases if you buy an annual membership which I am considering even though they're not close to me. Good luck on your new pistol.

On 12/31/2018 at 5:07 PM, wolc123 said:

New year, new rule. No more preaching on the site. Plenty of people have had enough of it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, helmut in the bush said:

I think the 1911 is the nicest looking pistol made, I've liked them since I was a kid. My next one will be in 10mm, anyone have one? I like the Dan Wesson, Colt, Springfield and the Ruger.

I did alot of research when I got mine and wound up getting sig p220 hunter.  Was either that or the Kimber Camp Guard.

https://www.kimberamerica.com/camp-guard

Love my Siggy.  I like that I can carry it in the woods with the safety on.  Honey of a pistol.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/p220-hunter-full-size.html

Having a rail is what put it over to me.  And I wouldn't have to burn through 300$ in ammo to break it in.

Screenshot_20190102-095048.png

Edited by UpStateRedNeck
  • Like 1

On 12/29/2018 at 6:35 PM, chefhunter86 said:

I was just wondering if I’m the only idiot who lugs around a government size 1911 as their every day carry. I’m currently carrying a kimber stainless and love the gun. My complaints are it’s heavy as hell. Even with a good holster and gun belt it’s got weight to it. I gotta keep that belt real tight to keep my pants up. Also this time of year is ok, coat and sweatshirt keep it pretty well concealed.

All that being said I’m looking to maybe make a change, I really love the 1911 platform and want to stay with one. I was thinking of going smaller maybe a 4.25 inch barrel or even the 3 inch models that kimber makes. I really like the KHX models. Does anyone have any thoughts on this or even carry something similar

I also have a kimber stainless, but that baby is my bedside gun. Could not imagine it as a carry. I prefer my glock 23 or ruger lcp. The funny thing about it though, is I'd pick that 1911 as my choice for shooting everytime, but that's because it's big and heavy. Compromises...