Cold weather hunting bibs

Your going to love the wooltimate jacket. Bought one last year on sale and so far it's been great. First Lite had a good sale going which included cold weather bibs. I purchased their sanctuary bibs and used them during the Thanksgiving cold and later in muzzleloader season ...... VERY happy with them! They are warm, great fit and very quiet. Another brand worth looking at is Pnuma https://www.pnumaoutdoors.com/

Good luck with your search!

• Like 1

Ended up ordering the incinerator bibs in size medium. I think I got the last incinerator medium in the country-had to pay full price. Couldn't find any deals in my size and only found a couple places that even had them in my size. When I did, I frustratingly pulled the trigger before I couldn't get them at all. So now I have the incinerator jacket and the incinerator bibs. Hoping to test them out coyote hunting.

thanks for all the suggestions guys

On ‎12‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:04 PM, moog5050 said:

Incinerator bibs and a sanctuary jacket kept me very comfortable in some cold windy temps this year.  

I don't know if that is saying much Moog. You posted pics of your hunting this year. I could have been comfortable in some cheap long john bottoms and a t-shirt. Beer in my hand watching the game. Not sure if that is a selling point for your gear. 

2 minutes ago, ApexerER said:

I don't know if that is saying much Moog. You posted pics of your hunting this year. I could have been comfortable in some cheap long john bottoms and a t-shirt. Beer in my hand watching the game. Not sure if that is a selling point for your gear. 

Those sits didn't require Sitka but they were brutal nonetheless. 

On 12/30/2018 at 5:54 PM, Engraver99 said:

My niece is a teacher, do you know what is required to order....thanks

Typically, for me to get my First Responder discounts it worked one of two ways. I either had to contact them through my .Gov email, others used third party verification sites. ID me, was one I used ,they verified employment through emails, copies of IDs,paystubs what have you . 

But once it was set up you were good to on various sites and companies .

Another vote for the First Lite Sanctuary bibs here (although you already bought the sitka).  Well worth the money IMO- super warm, great fabric that doesn't collect burrs, ample pockets. Not sure about them being water proof but their DWR works well for a light rain and snow. Sitka's prices are too hard to swallow, I thought Kuiu was expensive....

1 hour ago, dan46n2 said:

Another vote for the First Lite Sanctuary bibs here (although you already bought the sitka).  Well worth the money IMO- super warm, great fabric that doesn't collect burrs, ample pockets. Not sure about them being water proof but their DWR works well for a light rain and snow. Sitka's prices are too hard to swallow, I thought Kuiu was expensive....

I had the sanctuary bibs and the mt050 in my basket trying to decide between the 2 if I couldn't find the incinerator bibs. During my research I found out that the sanctuary's were water resistant and I really wanted waterproof so I went with the gortex instead. My pocket fought me tooth and nail pulling out the wallet, but I figure since this would be my last hoorah (as far as new camo goes- had my last good camo for 30+ years), they'd be able to bury me in the sitka stuff (am 59). Wanted to  make sure I was warm as my aging continues. The older I get, the colder I get. Also am a firm believer in down which is in the Sitka stuff. Hoping it lasts me 10 years and hoping I last 10 years...lol.

happy hunting

Sanctuary bibs run small.   Sitka is more true to size.  And they are waterproof.  I do like the sanctuary jacket however.   It’s weird how cold the outer material on the sanctuary feels when outside.  But a good sign as no heat loss I guess.  

had a chance to try on the incinerator bibs since I got them. The athletic fit seems to run a little small. Typically in a medium, the pant legs are too long and I have room for plenty of layering. With these bibs, the pant leg seems about right and there is not much room for layering. I would have to size them as a medium-small. If anyone else is considering them and does not have the opportunity to try them on, they seem to run a tad smaller than a typical medium but thankfully fit me quite well. I am 5'6" and about 150lbs, 27" inseam, 33" waist.

Edited by Engraver99