Venison sausage...?

DanielT

I chose to have venison sausage made with a little extra $ for pork added....

So...what's your best recipe for this...

I made small breakfast patties with eggs....was delicious....?

Other than spaghetti sauce....what other options are there?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Put in a skillet meal . With onions, peppers and sliced potatoes.  Throw some eggs over it.  
Buy a pizza dough put in cooked sausage and cheese. And make sausage bread. 

Thanks Robhuntandfish....sausage bread with cheddar inside and parmesan on top....yumo4c7545b69fc7800893aa78fe50ce0e57.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Brown some loose sausage, stir into a batch of polenta, maybe add some mushrooms. Great side-dish or breakfast.

With casings on, I make sausage parm sandwiches, or sausage/pepper/onion sandwiches (usually in the summer).

Edited by Uncle Nicky
  • Like 1

Just now, Uncle Nicky said:

Brown some loose sausage, stir into a batch of polenta, maybe add some mushrooms. Great side-dish or breakfast.

Would work well with grits, too.  And lots of butter.  (For any of you damn yankees who don't know what grits are, it's white stuff made from corn.) 

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I like it just browned like a burger, maybe with some mozzarella on top. This year for the first time I took about 22 lbs of meat to Costanzas sausage co. (Webster NY) to have some of their specialty sausages made, what a great choice. Red pepper and mozzarella Italian sausage, jalapeno and cheddar salami, pepperoni, ham and cheddar sausage. Absolutley outstanding stuff, it was really nice to do something different with the scraps.

Actually, one of my favorite venison cooks is simply to take a venison burger patty (strait, no pork or additives) sprinkle it with black pepper and Bucks seasoning, and brown it like sausage (medium rare please) for breakfast. 

• Like 2