Another jacket-couldn't help myself

In my search for bibs (on another thread) to go with my wooltimate jacket I ordered, the sitka incinerator jacket came up on Ebay today for bid or buy it now ($489.99) + $11.75 shipping. It was not there last night when I was looking for bibs up till 1am. It just Popped up today when I searched Sitka incinerator. In short, couldn't help myself with a 25% discount and put the bid in for $450 and won it - so now my search is for the sitka incinerator bibs at a good deal. I know she has 1 more jacket (medium) on bid that is up to $305 but no buy it now in case anyone is interested. Probably get it at a better price than i got this for (with my luck). that one expires in a couple of days. Getting poorer by the day!

looks like there might be another on there same dea-$489 or best offer)

Edited by Engraver99

30 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Is Sitka gear really worth the coin ? 

I honestly don’t have much good gear at all and will go dark to dark with crap gear and not get cold. 

they say it is, buddy has a boreal for duck hunting (same insulation as incinerator) and spends all day out on the marsh in NJ with it. read alot of sitka reviews and people seem to be happy with it. It is described as super light weight but like wearing a sleeping bag without the bulk. the incinerator has 60% powerfill down and 40% primaloft silver for insulation. I guess we'll see when I get it next week and go coyote hunting!

32 minutes ago, landtracdeerhunter said:

How did you get a 25% discount?

It just came up as a listing on ebay (I check everyday there for bibs i am looking for) - buy it now for $489 or make offer. I made an accepted  offer of $450 and had to also pay $$11.75 shipping.

Edited by Engraver99

34 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Is Sitka gear really worth the coin ? 

I honestly don’t have much good gear at all and will go dark to dark with crap gear and not get cold. 

PS - there is one on Ebay for bid with 2 days left that is new with tags and the bid amount is currently $305. might want to place a bid on that puppy if it is in your size (medium).

47 minutes ago, Engraver99 said:

jacket came up on Ebay today for bid or buy it now ($489.99) + $11.75 shipping

48 minutes ago, Engraver99 said:

I know she has 1 more jacket (medium) on bid that is up to $305 but no buy it now in case anyone is interested.

I don't think all my hunting clothes together would add up to $489 and I stay plenty warm.:wink:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

I really like it.  Like anything, there probably is more cost effective options.  But if you want clothes that leave no room for improvement, Sitka is tough to beat.  I would not bombard it with ozone however.  

speaking of cost effective options-was also looking at the super down pro jacket and pants at KUIU. they have lifetime warranties but are not gortex but waterproof. they have 850 powerfill down but looked a little puffy.

Just now, Engraver99 said:

speaking of cost effective options-was also looking at the super down pro jacket and pants at KUIU. they have lifetime warranties but are not gortex but waterproof. they have 850 powerfill down but looked a little puffy.

I am limited due to size.   Not even all the Sitka works for me.  Kuiu doesn’t carry anything that fits me.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

I am limited due to size.   Not even all the Sitka works for me.  Kuiu doesn’t carry anything that fits me.  

KUIU also got great ratings for their stuff but seemed a little puffy and delicate but a little cheaper than Sitka. Gotta go with what fits tho! Hoping my jacket fits....lol.

Just now, sodfather said:

My next is the incenator bibs but when it gets down low in temp I switch to my Cabelas MT-bibs and coat for the extreme cold. Not recommended for walking long distances 

been looking at the MT050 extremes but going to hold off until I catch the incinerator bibs. My 30+ (purchased 1987 I think) year old browning gortex bibs and my  Browning hydro-fleece(no longer waterproof) bibs with layers will keep me warm until then, they are just a little bulky compared to what is currently available today.

1 minute ago, Engraver99 said:

KUIU also got great ratings for their stuff but seemed a little puffy and delicate but a little cheaper than Sitka. Gotta go with what fits tho! Hoping my jacket fits....lol.

The Sitka runs a little tighter than you may be used to. At least that’s what noticed 

1 minute ago, Engraver99 said:

Incinerators are performance fit-usually mediums are a tad big for me so hoping it fits with a layer.

They will.  They run bigger.  Keep watching ebay.  I picked up a set of stratus bibs and a fanatic vest (another must have) for $59 each mid season.   But it may be because they were 3xl.  

24 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Big shoulders is a b!tch.  XL tall for my base layer tops just so they don't come untucked every ten seconds.  Big calves are a PITA too for socks.  I have 2 pairs of Cabela's socks that fit just perfect and don't fall down into my boots.

1 minute ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Big shoulders is a b!tch.  XL tall for my base layer tops just so they don't come untucked every ten seconds.  Big calves are a PITA too for socks.  I have 2 pairs of Cabela's socks that fit just perfect and don't fall down into my boots.

Try the darn tough socks.   They are awesome with lifetime guaranty.   

1 hour ago, Engraver99 said:

In my search for bibs (on another thread) to go with my wooltimate jacket I ordered, the sitka incinerator jacket came up on Ebay today for bid or buy it now ($489.99) + $11.75 shipping. It was not there last night when I was looking for bibs up till 1am. It just Popped up today when I searched Sitka incinerator. In short, couldn't help myself with a 25% discount and put the bid in for $450 and won it - so now my search is for the sitka incinerator bibs at a good deal. I know she has 1 more jacket (medium) on bid that is up to $305 but no buy it now in case anyone is interested. Probably get it at a better price than i got this for (with my luck). that one expires in a couple of days. Getting poorer by the day!

looks like there might be another on there same dea-$489 or best offer)

Good on you for buying the jacket...If I tried something similar, my wife would not be pleased.