Wtf happened to Remington

Hunter007

Back when I was a kid Remington made only good stuff now it seems like they are messing everything up they touch including marlin .

Wanted to buy  new ss marlin 1895 levergun  the other day but the reviews just spooked me away from doing it . Guys  are getting guns that not even the iron sites work right then having to wait like 2 months to get it fixed f that . They could at least fix problems in a timely fashion. 

What happened ?

Edited by Storm914

• 5 months later...
On 12/31/2018 at 10:36 PM, nyslowhand said:

I just LOVE how they found a way to blame it all on Trump

Remington had trouble with the lever actions after they acquired Marlin, as most of the lever action workers quit after the takeover. Since about 2015-2016ish, quality has been very good, very few complaints. I actually just ordered a 336C in 35 Remington myself.

The remlin problems seems to have been resolved in last tow or 3 years from what I heard but are still below quality of original Marlins interns of reciever standards to pressure. Marlin made theirs way stronger and Remington scaled back as they saw no need for it to be that high as factory ammo didnt come close to pressure they were built at, old marling can take compressed loads meant for single shot rifles.  The new remlin recievers would crack with same round.  That is only difference now..

1 hour ago, bugsNbows said:

Blame the bean counters!

that saying always bugs me, and no i'm not a bean counter. Bean counters get their direction from the boss. If they didn't want to cut corners and costs and risk quality, the boss wouldn't have made that a priority. Furthermore the boss gets his orders from the board. leftfield has it right. Blame the shareholders pushing for the impossible so they can add another few cars to their already crowded garages. 

19 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

You'll spend less as well

For now maybe.  Soon the old one's will be in high demand and the prices for them will reflect the rule of supply and demand.  If you want an old one, best to get on gunbroker and buy one as soon as you can.  Heck, the prices for an early 60's 336 in .35 Rem are already way up there.