new house

slayer

so friday I signed all the papers for the farm. I went there afterward with the wife. We started to take measurements of kitchen cabinets, then we went upstairs. After a little time and some more measurements we came back downstairs to the kitchen. OOOO  i smelled the magic smoke. Then I noticed something on the floor that I dont remember seeing before. Turns out it was the transformer from one of the track lights above the sink. It was melting from the inside and oozing plastic type stuff from the thumb switch that releases it from the track 
WTF. 

Ok now its sunday afternoon. I see a little german shepard puppy coming from across the street. Now I plan on taking him back to meet the neighbors but by the time I unloaded my hands he is off to the street. well here come the cars.The grey car you wont see in the pictures slowed down for the dog. The lady driving the nissan extera was a little to close to the car and never saw it coming. she hit her brakes dove her car into the ditch .She ended up missing the fire hydrant. Good thing. well she tore across the apron of my driveway , running over the trash. bounced off a couple pine trees and took out my mail box Her car was totaled. two days in and already on the phone with 911. crazy end to the year

carmen crash.jpg

carmen crash 2.jpg

• Sad 1

On 1/2/2019 at 8:19 AM, Belo said:

so were you and the wife christening the house upstairs or what? I feel like you skipped the best part of the story.

nope the wife is sick. I feel bad for her, she is taking it tuff with this cold.But ill be sure not to let you know when it happens .

51 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Nice . What attachments you getting I see the quick hitch

60 " brush hog  a rototiller and a posthole digger. I cant wait to put in my first food plot

tractor attach.jpg

Edited by slayer
photos
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, biggamefish said:

What did that tiller set you back if you don't mind? I have a b26. Looking for something to till the garden and maybe a small foodplot or two.

the tiller was 2500. doesn't look like im getting the post hole digger this weekend. Guy says no augers for me this weekend

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nytracker said:

This would be what I would get next.

https://bxpanded.com/piranha-toothbar

Makes a fel a digging , brush cutting machine

That right there is bad ass. Now I want to fabricate  one of those and weld it to the bucket. I know I have some 4" flat stock. Cause I got some thorn bushes that Im not to fond of. dam things will take over if you let them.

5 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Sidetrack:. What do you guys use for stump clearing?

Leave them high push over with tractor..  if short stump dig a hole under it fill 1 gallon bag with fertilizer and diesel fuel. 1 ft length of cannon fuse and run..