That's my boy!

wooly

9 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i know right.... one time i took a stick and sharpened it and poked stuff with it.......phht .... this carving stuff is simple.  

I think I KNOW that girl, Rob...

I once dated a girl that was so ugly she had marks on her where someone had been poking her with a ten foot stick....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i know right.... one time i took a stick and sharpened it and poked stuff with it.......phht .... this carving stuff is simple.  

Wooly must have x-ray vision.  Not sure how one looks at a log and sees the bird/dog/bear in it.  I see a log.

• Like 1

Heading into the home stretch finishing up the eagle part of this one.

Slapped on my 3'rd coat of boiled linseed oil and two coats of spar varnish so far. Got a rough tail cut out and attached before the rain started this morning and I had to pack it up..

Should be able to wrap up the bird part next time I drag the tools out and get my final coat of finish done. Then it's just a matter of dreaming up something for the base. That parts got me STUMPED for now (pun intended), but I have had a few ideas run through my head.. just not sure I can pull 'em off.

Open to suggestions if anyone's got any.:dontknow:

DSC_0081.thumb.JPG.97901af6823b8148cb95edfea74c2fc7.JPG

DSC_0067.thumb.JPG.f6cc6968a6da4c58b90fb49dad23f996.JPG

DSC_0068.thumb.JPG.f19cbf027ebc530d16d42bb1fecda853.JPG

• Like 5

Just now, wooly said:

Slapped on my 3'rd coat of boiled linseed oil and two coats of spar varnish so far. Got a rough tail cut out and attached before the rain started this morning and I had to pack it up..

Should be able to wrap up the bird part next time I drag the tools out and get my final coat of finish done. Then it's just a matter of dreaming up something for the base. That parts got me STUMPED for now (pun intended), but I have had a few ideas run through my head.. just not sure I can pull 'em off.

Globe?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, wooly said:

How bout a rabbit head peaking out of the stump. Looking like he hid in there just in time. 

• Like 1

That is amazing! I would truly like to buy one of these from you one day. My wife’s great grandfather was a wood carver and I have many of his pieces in my house. Love that kind of stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

15 hours ago, wooly said:

Water, with the back of a swimming fish visible.

Whatever you decide to do, no doubt it will be so awesomely cool!

• Like 1