That's my boy!

wooly

6 minutes ago, grampy said:

Smile...........that's what it makes me do, as I look at it. Can't thank you enough for sharing your talents with us Matt.

Simply beautiful work my friend. Not sure how this one will ever be topped. But somehow you always find a way, to amaze us again, and again.

Thanks again guys!

Dave- that's just one more reason I enjoy this stuff so much.

Having the ability to make others smile and fall in love with a useless dirty old weathered  log is something I still can't quite comprehend... but it happens!

As happy as I am with how this one turned out, I've still got a lot of room for improvement.

As you know the past few years have been a real rollercoaster for me, and I just want to say I appreciate everyone who has supported me along the way.

I guess this is about the only way I know how to pay it back to those who stood beside me through some tough times.:good:

• Like 5

Thanks again guys!
Dave- that's just one more reason I enjoy this stuff so much.
Having the ability to make others smile and fall in love with a useless dirty old weathered  log is something I still can't quite comprehend... but it happens!
As happy as I am with how this one turned out, I've still got a lot of room for improvement.
As you know the past few years have been a real rollercoaster for me, and I just want to say I appreciate everyone who has supported me along the way.
I guess this is about the only way I know how to pay it back to those who stood beside me through some tough times.:good:
Well you know the old saying, "there's no friends like internet friends".

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

Outstanding job Matt............so what's on tap for the next masterpiece ??

I'm not sure yet.

I put a lot of thought and planning into this one before I actually got started and I think it paid off. Probably just wait until something else inspires me like that before I decide again. I do want to carve a nice big buck, but I'll need to find the right hunk of wood for that.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

If you need a dirty old weathered log for your next project, I'm sure pygmy would donate, I'll bet he's got one hanging around.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I have a dirty old weathered MIND,  but I may have to look around for a suitable log....Not giving up the one I have hanging around...I've kinda got ATTACHED to it...

Edited by Pygmy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pygmy said:

I have a dirty old weathered MIND,  but I may have to look around for a suitable log....Not giving up the one I have hanging around...I've kinda got ATTACHED to it...

I don't think wooly can carve a baby worm from a twig using chainsaws.

Looking awesome Matt!!  You have a great eye as I've told you many times!   You see detail others do not.  I'd like to see you do basically the same thing again and see if you come up with the same result.  I like the bend in the bird - its lifelike and makes the piece in my opinion.    Awesome!

• Thanks 1