Obsession Phoenix

Great bow.  But as some of you know, I prefer traditional so this has not been used much since I bought it new in 2015 I believe.   I have 2 sets of limbs 50-60 and 70-80lbs and will install whatever you prefer.   Currently has 28” mods on it.  32” ATA and a very fast but smooth bow.  7” brace height.  Will sell barebow for $395 if picked up or plus shipping.   Happy to negotiate in the accessories.   For a member here, I will also toss in the matching (stormy hardwoods) deluxe treelimb quiver.  No scratches, dents dings etc.  like new condition.  Just tired of watching it collect dust.  

Obsession has the lifetime warranty like elite which transfers to any new owner.  

2042E911-358C-4338-8EFF-144D851174C0.jpeg

6CEEF318-B109-435F-B1E9-CA9396D9127B.jpeg

5A8EC582-5517-43D5-A23D-EB8E1A4B032B.jpeg

A05EA135-063E-4E4B-B712-6ECF958C70CD.jpeg

AB950FFC-A966-4769-B8DE-26E97FC7F0C4.jpeg

03088552-2E32-4693-B615-17ECF80AC5FE.jpeg

1822677C-76AA-4B33-85BA-7975CEEBE0A3.png

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, grampy said:

Beauty of a bow!  How would the draw cycle be at 50lbs to an older guy with bum shoulders??????

Its a smooth draw cycle.  No big hump like most fast bows.  50lbs is 50lbs so you know what that feels like with your shoulders.  It will feel lighter than most older bows that weren't as smooth or didn't have the huge let off.  It really is more like 85% let off - 11lbs holding at the current 81lbs.

4 minutes ago, grampy said:

Looks like my soon to be 19 year old MQ32 will be relegated to back up!

Wow! So excited! Road trip!

Thanks Brian! 

Chef and Biz just died inside .... a little. I'm all for it. so much better than the Mathews. that'll stack deer at 50 lbs all season.

• Like 2

Thanks Brian! 
Glad you pulled the trigger Grampy.......that bow was kinda like a hanging curve....my eyes were big as watermelons and I was about to swing for the fences.

Post some pics once you get her rippin!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, grampy said:

Thanks Brian! 

You will love it.. the 3 guys I hunt with all the time shoot Mathews.  I'm on my 2nd obsession , and love it.. every time they shoot my bow they are surprised how much better it is than theirs.....;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

Chef and Biz just died inside .... a little. I'm all for it. so much better than the Mathews. that'll stack deer at 50 lbs all season.

5 minutes ago, mlammerhirt said:

Glad you pulled the trigger Grampy.......that bow was kinda like a hanging curve....my eyes were big as watermelons and I was about to swing for the fences.

Post some pics once you get her rippin!

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, ncountry said:

You will love it.. the 3 guys I hunt with all the time shoot Mathews.  I'm on my 2nd obsession , and love it.. every time they shoot my bow they are surprised how much better it is than theirs.....;)

Thanks guys. I was seriously considering calling my bow hunting career done. My old Mathews will need a new string and cable again this year. Figured with the bum shoulders, and all, it's not worth putting any more money into it. My hunting parther has a newer Bowtech, and keeps telling me, don't give up, get a newer bow! They have a total different feel than 20 years ago.

So I saw this today and it got the wheels turning! First, it's from moog! Same place I got my rifle from! He knows bows, and is aware of my capabilities. I respect his opinion big time, I also consider him a good friend. If he says it will work for me, good enough! 

Will start shooting right away. Start working on getting my shoulders as good as I can get them to be! And will post pic's for sure. Looks like I'll have to kill a few more deer before calling it quits. Deep down, I don't think I was ever ready to give up bowhunting. With this bow, who knows how long I can go!

Thanks so much my friend.

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Reborn at 50lbs and holding at 6.4.  Been a few years since I tore one apart but it went back together perfect.  Even timed dead on and in spec.   Grampy will enjoy this one.  

B6AF93D6-EB71-418D-A00F-15CC1D6C2D8E.jpeg

D671CF80-E0B4-4AEC-8A48-5936814AC06C.jpeg

ADF15C8B-E643-4B73-B144-7CF5FC21F072.jpeg

Whoohoo! I'm like a kid again!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grampy said:

Thanks Brian! 

Congrats,your gonna really enjoy the Obsession.  I have the Obsession Turmoil and love it,my shoulders aren't the greatest after a motorcycle accident but that bow at 70lbs still isn't bad.

• Like 1

Reborn at 50lbs and holding at 6.4.  Been a few years since I tore one apart but it went back together perfect.  Even timed dead on and in spec.   Grampy will enjoy this one.  
B6AF93D6-EB71-418D-A00F-15CC1D6C2D8E.thumb.jpeg.b1a5d26d81fcc414e8a2184d4ec40ebd.jpeg
D671CF80-E0B4-4AEC-8A48-5936814AC06C.thumb.jpeg.0812cc496b8cc473a0dd033edde88a57.jpeg
ADF15C8B-E643-4B73-B144-7CF5FC21F072.thumb.jpeg.f6739d7c7a0f843c492be98e7bedbf42.jpeg

You didn’t send the e-clips sailing off into the abyss?? Amateur

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, grampy said:

Thanks guys. I was seriously considering calling my bow hunting career done. My old Mathews will need a new string and cable again this year. Figured with the bum shoulders, and all, it's not worth putting any more money into it. My hunting parther has a newer Bowtech, and keeps telling me, don't give up, get a newer bow! They have a total different feel than 20 years ago.

So I saw this today and it got the wheels turning! First, it's from moog! Same place I got my rifle from! He knows bows, and is aware of my capabilities. I respect his opinion big time, I also consider him a good friend. If he says it will work for me, good enough! 

Will start shooting right away. Start working on getting my shoulders as good as I can get them to be! And will post pic's for sure. Looks like I'll have to kill a few more deer before calling it quits. Deep down, I don't think I was ever ready to give up bowhunting. With this bow, who knows how long I can go!

Thanks so much my friend.

Better order another dozen arrows, Robin Hood.  :)

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

You didn’t send the e-clips sailing off into the abyss?? Amateur

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have a box of them but shockingly i didn't even drop these two.  I did put the bottom cam on backwards at first however.  Lol

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1