Stupid Truck/car mods

kpkot

Back around 1992 or so, I had a Cavalier that me and a buddy turned into a low-rider.

We clamped the springs in the rear and cut the coils in the front. At that point it had ZERO suspension!

Ground clearance under the door was 2 inches.... just enough for my neon lights to shine through! That sucker cornered like it was on a rail, but it didn't fair so well if there was a crack in the pavement or once the snow started flying,lol.

The sound system was killer though. Like a rolling night club inside, and no room for fat chicks,lol

cav.jpg.84e7239f3db95f74b3c969b0d2d7ffe0.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, wooly said:

Back around 1992 or so, I had a Cavalier that me and a buddy turned into a low-rider.

We clamped the springs in the rear and cut the coils in the front. At that point it had ZERO suspension!

Ground clearance under the door was 2 inches.... just enough for my neon lights to shine through! That sucker cornered like it was on a rail, but it didn't fair so well if there was a crack in the pavement or once the snow started flying,lol.

The sound system was killer though. Like a rolling night club inside, and no room for fat chicks,lol

Lol I had a 87 & 91 cavalier. Ha ha Kaufmans store in background. I remember that place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, wooly said:

Cool!!  Did you even have the fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view???

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, grampy said:

Cool!!  Did you even have the fuzzy dice hanging from the rear view???

I used to get pulled over at least once every other week for some of the stupidest things. Nobody ever told me your bumper had to be a certain height.:dontknow:

Eventually my fines and tickets were using up all my minimum wage cash at the time and I couldn't afford any more junk for my clunker!

I didn't need to draw any more attention to myself with fuzzy dice at that point,lol

• Like 1

Talk about a hoopty

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kpkot said:

20190103_091913.thumb.jpg.d88294e8c493f37dd5d2aa1217b885e5.jpgI saw this at car wash today. WTF? A car top carrier over bed??? Anyone else see anything out there not making any sense? imageproxy.php?img=&key=0f83455fcf3d9771

Not having running boards on a truck jacked up like that makes little sense.  I better be wearing sweat pants if I drove that truck or risk splitting my pants (not that that has ever happened to me at a wedding reception before). 

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, FatBoyD said:

You're not throwing thousands of dollars of ski equipment in the bed of a truck, I wouldn't anyway. And that's not lifted, I'm looking at getting a new F250, that looks no different than what I've been looking at.

Ya, the fx4 ride height is that high from the factory . Guy down the street has one ,it's really sharp looking.

3 minutes ago, FatBoyD said:

You're not throwing thousands of dollars of ski equipment in the bed of a truck, I wouldn't anyway. And that's not lifted, I'm looking at getting a new F250, that looks no different than what I've been looking at.

Does it have electric running boards.  I pulled em off my truck for about 3 days before putting them back on.  Looked great but very inconvenient.