Stupid Truck/car mods

kpkot

5 hours ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Because the lift kit wasn't stupid enough.

Theres no lift kit on that. A guy at work just bought the same truck brand new, sits just like that.

Besides, whats wrong with a lifted truck? If you want to do some mudding or heavy off roading, you need bigger tires. To fit bigger tires, you have to lift it. Personally, I think trucks with little dinky factory tires on them look stupid.

Heres mine the day after I lifted it, and then another pic of what it looked like less than 2 weeks later...

18403854_1743150472378827_7452361688513826693_o.jpg

19029753_1781064878587386_274768081676556342_n.jpg

• Like 8

5 hours ago, kpkot said:

20190103_091913.thumb.jpg.d88294e8c493f37dd5d2aa1217b885e5.jpgI saw this at car wash today. WTF? A car top carrier over bed??? Anyone else see anything out there not making any sense? imageproxy.php?img=&key=0f83455fcf3d9771

Makes total sense actually. Perfect for hauling things like skis or snowboards or something along those lines that you dont want road salt all over, plus you can still put stuff under it in the bed. Ill bet it comes off of there in about 2 mins.

1 minute ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Makes total sense actually. Perfect for hauling things like skis or snowboards or something along those lines that you dont want road salt all over, plus you can still put stuff under it in the bed. Ill bet it comes off of there in about 2 mins.

Like someone else said to each his own. Definitely made me wonder. the skis idea seems logical.

3 hours ago, moog5050 said:

Not having running boards on a truck jacked up like that makes little sense.  I better be wearing sweat pants if I drove that truck or risk splitting my pants (not that that has ever happened to me at a wedding reception before). 

That has running boards, you can see them just under the rockers. They automatically come down when you open the door.

Just now, moog5050 said:

That’s what I was asking.  I hated getting in my truck without running boards.  

Im planning to put a set on mine before long, they are awesome. I stopped driving it in the winter, so shes sleeping by the barn right now. Gotta throw new fenders on it in the spring and then its getting wrapped, and a full new exhaust along with some other goodies.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Theres no lift kit on that. A guy at work just bought the same truck brand new, sits just like that.

Besides, whats wrong with a lifted truck? If you want to do some mudding or heavy off roading, you need bigger tires. To fit bigger tires, you have to lift it. Personally, I think trucks with little dinky factory tires on them look stupid.

Heres mine the day after I lifted it, and then another pic of what it looked like less than 2 weeks later...

18403854_1743150472378827_7452361688513826693_o.jpg

19029753_1781064878587386_274768081676556342_n.jpg

Lifted trucks are a pet peeve of mine.  All I can think when I see them is "That boy does NOT haul anything in that truck."

Counterpoint :. I was wishing my truck was lifted this year going up the road to the cabin and it was close to bottoming out in the mud.  But I wouldn't want to lift 200# blocks of oak another foot to haul either.

25 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Smart guy . With the price of ski equipment , you need to protect them . The guy probably puts the Cargo Box on the Lexus when the wife goes skiing . 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, UpStateRedNeck said:

Lifted trucks are a pet peeve of mine.  All I can think when I see them is "That boy does NOT haul anything in that truck."

Counterpoint :. I was wishing my truck was lifted this year going up the road to the cabin and it was close to bottoming out in the mud.  But I wouldn't want to lift 200# blocks of oak another foot to haul either.

I haul all kind of stuff with mine, granted, it is a pain in the butt to get heavy things into sometimes. Thats usually when I just hook up a trailer.

5 minutes ago, fasteddie said:

Smart guy . With the price of ski equipment , you need to protect them . The guy probably puts the Cargo Box on the Lexus when the wife goes skiing . 

I was considering one to put my kids' hockey stuff in during the winter to keep it dry. Now I have a little Subaru Crosstrek for daily driving, and the truck sits all winter, so thats not an issue anymore.

Definitely guessing skis. I have an extended cab, short bed and skis are an awkward load in the bed. Too expensive to let bang around on a four hour trip and too awkward to strap down. I didn't go with the cargo box, but a ski rack on the cab to hold 6 pairs. Let's me get access to the bed without unloading skis. There are other options but this works.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just now, tarheel95 said:

Definitely guessing skis. I have an extended cab, short bed and skis are an awkward load in the bed. Too expensive to let bang around on a four hour trip and too awkward to strap down. I didn't go with the cargo box, but a ski rack on the cab to hold 6 pairs. Let's me get access to the bed without unloading skis. There are other options but this works.

Check out decked storage.  Great for skis or guns or bows or tools.  Well I am not sure how long skis are so maybe great for skis.  Ha.  

I actually have a rooftop cargo box.  I often wonder what people are thinking, or hard people are laughing when i drive by.  I have it bolted into a 4x7 trailer, I also have a set of crossbars on thr trailer to haul my kayak.  I did not want to lift the kayak on top of my Escape.  After a day of paddling its a lot heavier than before hand.  My rooftop box has all of my camping gear in it, so when i get home, i just unhook the trailer, and push it into my basement.  Its really a great setup for us.  Plus, it keep my vehicle clean inside, and out, and I don’t have to hear any rattling around all day driving.  I ended up putting an 8” lift in my truck, and ended up enjoying it so much that it is now a toy for us that we enjoy taking for rides on nice days.  Everyone is different, with different needs, and sometimes wants.

CA4CA6FF-99DD-499E-9E1D-5154F66BA061.jpeg

• Like 3

Friend spent ton lifting his truck leveling kit some tunable chip for motor, knocked up his fiance she couldn't jump to get into it anymore has to sell it at a big loss and get something more practical.. always laughed at his lift my convertable has done more off road than most lifted trucks I see. Guy with camp up the road had a party every summer al the city people come down with their 4x4 trucks that they drive every day to work 4 miles..meanwhile my little Toyota Camry is sitting next to them and I'm laughing.. he asked why I said all you guy live on plowed paved roads have 4x4.. I drive 80 miles to work all year with that camry!!  He asked how I get up the hill in winter ..I looked and him and said in drive...lol

• Like 1

Check out decked storage.  Great for skis or guns or bows or tools.  Well I am not sure how long skis are so maybe great for skis.  Ha.  
I was gonna go that route but the skis are too long for the bed. With the bindings I wasn't sure I would have enough of a diagonal to fit the skis. May have worked for regular skis but my sons' racing skis are a bit too long. I don't know anything about skis either (I don't ski) other than they are very expensive.

• Like 1

G man is the man ! Total agreement . The greatest marketing ploy of all time was convincing suburbanites that they needed a farm vehicle.

Just bought my first ever p/u a few months ago Z71 off road ( buying a camper )  , kinda nice , but I prefer to drive the Outback .

Way better ride, handling, double the MPG and laughs at snow .

My locking metal deck cover was only  $500 and made in USA btw 

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

Right now I have 15 dozen decoys in my truck, usually use it to tow and drive the car but to each his own, if you like lifts lift it if you like stacks stack it, I've seen some pretty mean trucks with lifts and a stack. This thread is making me miss my Dodge

• Like 4

Back around 1992 or so, I had a Cavalier that me and a buddy turned into a low-rider.
We clamped the springs in the rear and cut the coils in the front. At that point it had ZERO suspension!
Ground clearance under the door was 2 inches.... just enough for my neon lights to shine through! That sucker cornered like it was on a rail, but it didn't fair so well if there was a crack in the pavement or once the snow started flying,lol.
The sound system was killer though. Like a rolling night club inside, and no room for fat chicks,lol
cav.jpg.84e7239f3db95f74b3c969b0d2d7ffe0.jpg

28a084250f9c95ded073363544139ec8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5