Government shutdown over wall funding

5 hours ago, Storm914 said:

Anyone notice seems like life going on just fine with the shutdown lol 

it's funny that a sportsman would post this. Google national parks. 

other programs that effect jobs outside of the government include space exploration, all the defense contractors, museums and things like your tax refund can be delayed (which i'm sure will get your attention real quick).

http://time.com/5492953/government-shutdown-effects/

Edited by Belo
  • Like 3

Other than the IRS how many people are going to care about the agencies defined:

The IRS

D.C. marriage licenses

National Zoo and the Panda Cam

National museums

National parks

Government loans and grants

A lawsuit against Trump

The Violence Against Women Act

Basic services for Native Americans

As far as the parks they are still accessible, they can't keep you out, and now it is free to get in. There is no one to collect the fee for entry, clean the toilets, pick up the trash, or give guided tours. If people respected the parks for what they are and not treat them like landfills we wouldn't need them anyway.

When they do go back to "work" most will receive back pay, and work overtime to catch up.

Just like NY parks most "government" employees are not much more than fee takers, and servants of the lazy & lost public who are to disrespectful of the resource they have. These same people would go nuts if some one threw a bag of garbage on their law but feel free to do so in a public park.

I don't think as a country this shutdown is really killing us. I am sure there are a good number affected that we don't know about and have their own sad story but if you are going to receive back pay for not even working that sounds more like a vacation to me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Belo said:

it's funny that a sportsman would post this. Google national parks. 

other programs that effect jobs outside of the government include space exploration, all the defense contractors, museums and things like your tax refund can be delayed (which i'm sure will get your attention real quick).

http://time.com/5492953/government-shutdown-effects/

Yea we all are suffering  

:mda:

Let's put the government to real work and build that wall so we can properly protect our country like every other country does on Earth !!! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ADK Native said:

Nancy Pelois said the wall is "immoral".

So a politician thinks it is "immoral" to have a physical barrier to prevent people from illegally entering America?  Does Nancy believe  customs ports of entry are "immoral" too?

What about the wall around Nancy's mansion I guess that will have to go then .

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Steve D said:

Other than the IRS how many people are going to care about the agencies defined:

The IRS

D.C. marriage licenses

National Zoo and the Panda Cam

National museums

National parks

Government loans and grants

A lawsuit against Trump

The Violence Against Women Act

Basic services for Native Americans

As far as the parks they are still accessible, they can't keep you out, and now it is free to get in. There is no one to collect the fee for entry, clean the toilets, pick up the trash, or give guided tours. If people respected the parks for what they are and not treat them like landfills we wouldn't need them anyway.

When they do go back to "work" most will receive back pay, and work overtime to catch up.

Just like NY parks most "government" employees are not much more than fee takers, and servants of the lazy & lost public who are to disrespectful of the resource they have. These same people would go nuts if some one threw a bag of garbage on their law but feel free to do so in a public park.

I don't think as a country this shutdown is really killing us. I am sure there are a good number affected that we don't know about and have their own sad story but if you are going to receive back pay for not even working that sounds more like a vacation to me.

the unfortanate thing, is people are assholes and the parks are already overrunning with trash. Not all employees will receive back pay, and as a tax payer you shouldn't be happy about them getting backpay when they weren't working. It's like free vacation.

15 hours ago, Rattler said:

Belo, keep all of those things going and keep the oppressive unconstitutional agencies (EPA, Education, Energy, TSA, etc.) closed.

I work with the EPA a lot, they get a bad wrap for some things and rightfully so, but without the EPA you wouldn't be able to eat a fish or an animal that you harvested, so lets slow down a little.

the TSA? lol, how are they oppressing you?

13 hours ago, ADK Native said:

Nancy Pelois said the wall is "immoral".

So a politician thinks it is "immoral" to have a physical barrier to prevent people from illegally entering America?  Does Nancy believe  customs ports of entry are "immoral" too?

I found it funny that she quoted Regan yesterday. Regan was never advocating for shutting and closing our boarders, as she quoted, he and most americans believe we should allow immigration. What Pelosi and other dems fail to realize, is that the issue many republicans have is that we aren't controlling the boarders. I'm all for a system to allow immigrants in. I believe the goal is 3% of of our population annually. Our concern is that they're undocumented and illegally entering. Why that is so complicated for the dems is still confusing to me. 

2 hours ago, Belo said:

hopefully, but the backlog will build. I typically get mine done by the end of the month and get a refund in February. The last few years my parents wait and there's gets delayed quite a while. 

Since when does the government ever do anything on time . There is always a delay . 

The EPA cost taxpayers billions a year and they fine people huge amounts on top of that.  There is no evidence we are getting any type of ROI supporting that agency.  Pollution can be controlled much less expensively without supporting a huge govt agency that wields power it has no constitutional right to wield.

Same goes for the TSA.  Huge money spent on that agency and they have never stopped any terrorist from doing anything. 

I'm talking about cutting govt waste.  The agencies that are currently shut down are the ones that waste the most.  Too many employees, doing too little productive work, causing too much grief, with zero accountability.  Close them all down if they can't institute efficiencies and respect peoples rights.  Put the BATFE in there also.

Edited by Rattler
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nytracker said:

They should cut funding to house and Senate. Let them look at the face of the people that work for them and tell them no paycheck this week because they want to play games.

actually the one statement cortez made that I agree with is that no politician should get a paycheck either when it's literally in their hands to fix the issue.

• Like 2

actually the one statement cortez made that I agree with is that no politician should get a paycheck either when it's literally in their hands to fix the issue.
But when asked about her statement in regards to her plans She ran away. Typical hypocrite

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Belo said:

Trumps only getting paid 1 dollar to do that job  I think all of Congress should do the same until they build the wall bet it will get built real fast then :)

• Like 1

The wall will be built, because the Republicans currently hold 5/6 of the power in Washington (Executive branch + 1/2 Legislative branch + Judicial branch).  The best way for the Democrats to save some face, would be to roll over on this issue ASAP.   That way they would get some credit for ending the shutdown.   What do they expect to gain by dragging out the inevitable ?   

• Like 1