2018 HuntingNY Whitetail Challenge Winners!

After tallying up the points, Id like to announce the winners of the 2018 HuntingNY Whitetail Challenger!

First place goes to Gencountyzeek with 56 total points!

Second place goes to chefhunter86 with 52 points!

Both of you, please message myself, landtracdeerhunter and burmjohn with your address info so that we can ship your prizes.

Unfortunately, none of the youth that entered the contest submitted entries, so there are no youth division winners. I will be opening up a separate youth only contest in the next week or so, and we will use some of the prizes for that. The rest will be saved for the youth spring turkey contest.

The Hero Shot winner will be announced soon. I will be having my son Evan look through all of the pictures submitted, and he will choose the best one. Unfortunately, he wont be with me till next Tuesday, so youll have to wait lol.

Congrats to the winners and a big thanks to everyone that entered, as well as landtracdeerhunter for handling all of the prize packages and other help in running the contest. A special thanks goes out to everyone that donated prizes for the contest. Without you guys and gals, we couldnt have done this!

• Like 12

Congrats to Gencountyzeek and chefhunter86. Some great scores and nice deer. Thank you to all the people that donated prizes;   WNYBuckHunter for taking your valuable time out to set up and run this contest.  Great job!  As far as I see it, your all winners that participated in some of the best deer hunting, this state has to offer. It went fast;  I know I enjoyed it. 

Good luck in the upcoming  youth only contest and to the hero shot winner to be announced. 

• Like 5

I just found this thread.  Didn't realize the contest ended.  LOL!

Congrats to the winners.  Some big numbers posted up there.  Great season for you guys.

The rest of us need to get some youth hunters out in the field next deer season.  When I was a youngun, the older guys would get tired of all the pestering from young hunters to take them hunting.  Makes me sad to know how much things have changed.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rattler said:

I just found this thread.  Didn't realize the contest ended.  LOL!

Congrats to the winners.  Some big numbers posted up there.  Great season for you guys.

The rest of us need to get some youth hunters out in the field next deer season.  When I was a youngun, the older guys would get tired of all the pestering from young hunters to take them hunting.  Makes me sad to know how much things have changed.

Another idea is every person doesn't enter the world of deer hunting right away to harvest a deer. Some may take a few seasons before their ready to pull the trigger. Some may never.  I  can relate to that and totally respect that right. 

I knew a man in his seventies that deer hunted yearly, and had never pulled the trigger. 

18 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Recieved my prize box today, thought id take a pic with those that made it all possible. Thanks again.

20190114_141650.jpg

Too funny.  That's a lot of venison.  I killed 2 doe and 2 bucks and my freezer doesn't look anything like that.  Then again, I donated one to a yote and probably 2 more to people that asked and could use it.  So be it.  nothing going to waste!

Congrats Zeek

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 1