Coyote hunting

I went out at night for first time over the weekend when the call first sounds off it's a bit creepy but after that it's no big deal. It was actually a lot of fun even without getting shots off. I think the ride in the truck was a bit more scary (kidding of course). 

• Like 1

The calls are terrifying on their own.  lol
Hell crunching around to my treestand in the dark and hearing the coyotes cackling at me nearly gets me every time. Let alone then have them ACTUALLY trying to get me! Although I suppose on the bright side you are armed with a shotgun and ready to defend yourself and your honor if they come at you vs having a bow and a piddly little Benchmade pocket knife

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

It's not the coyote or the dark that scares me (I'm not Canadian) it's the falling in a woodchuck hole and busting my arse .  And of course breaking my scope , light and phone and have to crawl out .....yeah something like that.  Hell I can barely read a menu in a dark restaurant and have to order the special.  Just seems like too much to go bad.  Lol

• Like 1

I will admit, the first time going out at night, it felt a bit odd.  Like we were doing something illegal - shining and shooting.  But it really is fun - especially when Treeguy constantly bashes you for stealing his stuff and missing foxes.
I haven't mentioned it all day, today.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I went out at night for first time over the weekend when the call first sounds off it's a bit creepy but after that it's no big deal. It was actually a lot of fun even without getting shots off. I think the ride in the truck was a bit more scary (kidding of course). 
Not scary, just uncomfortable. Lol.

• Like 1

It's not the coyote or the dark that scares me (I'm not Canadian) it's the falling in a woodchuck hole and busting my arse .  And of course breaking my scope , light and phone and have to crawl out .....yeah something like that.  Hell I can barely read a menu in a dark restaurant and have to order the special.  Just seems like too much to go bad.  Lol
A barrel did get stuffed in the dirt the other night, and since moho made it home alive, it obviously wasn't him !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

its probably easier to steal his stuff in the dark too!  good plan.  lol 
Yeah ive been out in the boat fishing at night and it always seemed to be a cluster.   Hooks and lines tangled..., where is shore.....
Hell I have enough of a time getting to my stand in the dark during deer season without sounding like a wounded water buffalo.  
But im sure it will be a hoot with those guys no matter what, yotes or not.  Prob more laughs than yotes. ! 
Takes me back to Oneida. You should have came. Fantastic night of slaying walleys. Wish I could have 1/100th of the dogs this year that I did walleye !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

Takes me back to Oneida. You should have came. Fantastic night of slaying walleys. Wish I could have 1/100th of the dogs this year that I did walleye !

I def should have.  Work was killing me last summer. Nothing like being told by Fema you have 30 days to get out and need to find office space for 15 people and 30 vehicles in 30 days.  Crazy. 

Been kicking myself for not catching up with you when u were in town for sure. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Moho81 said:

Was Andrew trying to touch your knee to “comfort” you?  I had to nip that in the bud!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Was Andrew trying to touch your knee to “comfort” you?  I had to nip that in the bud!

Not in the truck no

But he did when we where sitting next to each other in the open field. He said it was all apart of the hunt. I didn’t know any better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Not in the truck no

But he did when we where sitting next to each other in the open field. He said it was all apart of the hunt. I didn’t know any better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Moho. " is that a hand on my knee"

Andrew. " Relax...it's part of the experience"

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I've got my savage 223 sighted in today hoping to get out tonight 
Got my .243 Savage sighted in at 100 this afternoon and it was driving tacks. What a great shooting round.
Shooting 58gr..hornady vmax's.....looking to get out next weekend.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 1/4/2019 at 8:49 AM, moog5050 said:

I like going at night because its just flat out fun.  Seeing the eyes reflect back and then losing them and then they reappear.  I have only done one day hunt, but treeguy is schooling me for night hunts.  Skip euchre tomorrow!

Skip euchre!? I took first place , pocketed $100 . Ate  like a king and drank well .  I think I’ll hunt a couple days this week, no night time, just sit in a stand , like deer season ,most deer seasons I drop one and pass up a few .

Locals say there’s a pack of 12-15 on my spot .

Congrats on tonight’s kill .

B8B91FD5-7400-4237-B077-85EF97DB4A7F.jpeg

• Like 4