Coyote hunting

Ended seeing 5 more sets of eyes but only one shot at a running fox at 100yds that was a miss. Wind and a knoll in the field hurt us.   Lots of fun though.  
Fantastic evening ! Thanks for the invite again, my friend. It's late so I'll have to do inventory on my gear when I get up.

Moog's guide service, A+

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

What time at night do you guys go? I used to go 10pm - 2am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We hunted from like 8 until 11:30.  3 different sets and properties.  There is one more I am 99% sure we could have scored on but closest neighbors have a dog and we would be set up 200yds away.  Wasn’t sure if the call would cause their dog to go nuts in the house.  Left it for a daytime set.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Team Hoyt said:

How long do you guys sit at a set. And if you shot a fox or coyote do you continue to call 

Last night we sat about 30min at each set except last because eyes kept coming.  Almost an hour there and yes, 4 of the five came in after shooting at the first.  

• Like 2

Got my .243 Savage sighted in at 100 this afternoon and it was driving tacks. What a great shooting round.
Shooting 58gr..hornady vmax's.....looking to get out next weekend.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Great bullet for that caliber, keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Great bullet for that caliber, keep us posted.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Agree. The 53gr / .223 put a hurt to the dog last night. He vanished after shot. Dead before he hit the ground and not even a twitch. I've found that bullet to be the best, if your after fur, ribcage. You want a dead dog, shoulders.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Biz you hunt yotes? We need to meet up then

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I haven’t in years. I used to go at night 10pm-2am at Lockwood (DEP) Land in Carmel. No full moon, I’d go shotgun and dad had big spotlight flashlight. Full moon, he’d have rifle and I’d have shotgun. I have an old fox pro spitfire e caller and a mojo critter decoy. It’s much tougher around here during the day I think.

In Arizona in daylight I called in grey fox in a few sets.

fac6563b1793ba3fd18ba91ecd00d15e.jpg

• Like 2

I haven’t in years. I used to go at night 10pm-2am at Lockwood (DEP) Land in Carmel. No full moon, I’d go shotgun and dad had big spotlight flashlight. Full moon, he’d have rifle and I’d have shotgun. I have an old fox pro spitfire e caller and a mojo critter decoy

I got a brand new Foxpro Patriot from the inlaws and gonna make myself a decoy from one of those weazel balls and an arrow

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I haven’t in years. I used to go at night 10pm-2am at Lockwood (DEP) Land in Carmel. No full moon, I’d go shotgun and dad had big spotlight flashlight. Full moon, he’d have rifle and I’d have shotgun. I have an old fox pro spitfire e caller and a mojo critter decoy. It’s much tougher around here during the day I think.

In Arizona in daylight I called in grey fox in a few sets.

fac6563b1793ba3fd18ba91ecd00d15e.jpg&key=492331eff80fc19fb047427d51a0dfad266d82edf3ffe02277dfe126221ddfc1

Was the az hunt diy or did you use a guide... I went to ASU but never hunted out there.
I may go visit a friend in the spring and was thinking about bringing the 243 and a caller

Was the az hunt diy or did you use a guide... I went to ASU but never hunted out there.
I may go visit a friend in the spring and was thinking about bringing the 243 and a caller

I was there on a lion hunt, but had an extra day so went calling on public land. Grey Fox seemed to be very aggressive. I’ve never done but see stories of people getting tons of yotes in Midwest states like Kansas