Coyote hunting

In all seriousness how does snow affect coyote behavior? Are they out on the prowl in the snow or do they go back to their den? 
They are always out and about. They gotta eat !! The only time I find little to no activity is very deep snow. They still move but unless they are close you prob won't get them to commit from a distance. If it's the only time you have to hunt.... Send it.

The times I won't go out are high winds or heavy snow. Winds kill the calling and make it hard for the critters to hear and the snow will basically blind you when hunting with lights.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

12 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

I told Moog to prepare for a man hug when he drops the first dog. Shucks, I might even cry. I will be very sad to not be able to ridicule him anymore.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Hug is OK, but don't start breathing in my ear!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Heading out shortly, feels like it should be a good night

Should be a good night. To windy here to give it a try but they should be out and about with this storm coming in.

They have been on the move the last couple of days. I missed one yesterday afternoon in the field behind my house about 10:00 am

Good Luck

This thread has inspired me to get out in the next week or so. I've got my caller and decoy, headlamp, and red light for my rifle, but I'm wondering about camo - my jacket makes me look like a leafy bush. Do I have to invest in winter colors or can I get away with rolling with my deer gear for now?

12 hours ago, Lhotse said:

This thread has inspired me to get out in the next week or so. I've got my caller and decoy, headlamp, and red light for my rifle, but I'm wondering about camo - my jacket makes me look like a leafy bush. Do I have to invest in winter colors or can I get away with rolling with my deer gear for now?

Your regular gear should be just fine.  I wear my normal stuff, then in the snow, I have a set of windbreaker style over coat and bibs in snow camo.

A super cheap snow camo as some have mentioned are those paint booth one piece jump suits, or even cheaper still is go buy a white bed sheet, and cut a hole in the center and wear it like a poncho.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, loworange88 said:

Your regular gear should be just fine.  I wear my normal stuff, then in the snow, I have a set of windbreaker style over coat and bibs in snow camo.

A super cheap snow camo as some have mentioned are those paint booth one piece jump suits, or even cheaper still is go buy a white bed sheet, and cut a hole in the center and wear it like a poncho.

Image result for charlie brown ghost costume

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, loworange88 said:

I'll check out some surplus sites - my wife might be slightly upset if I cut holes in the sheets!

Thanks for the advice!

• Like 1