Coyote hunting

Went out last night at a property in bennington a buddy has permission to hunt. Second set had eyes show up probably 300 yards away. But they wouldnt come closer and disappeared in the woods. Ive never seen so many coyote tracks in my life, walking from one field to another there was just as many yote tracks as deer. Cold night, much colder then i anticipated, my toes were frozen by 2am.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Went out last night at a property in bennington a buddy has permission to hunt. Second set had eyes show up probably 300 yards away. But they wouldnt come closer and disappeared in the woods. Ive never seen so many coyote tracks in my life, walking from one field to another there was just as many yote tracks as deer. Cold night, much colder then i anticipated, my toes were frozen by 2am.

I must too old to hunt yotes that late.  Lol

A friend of mine hit a coyote last night and couldn't find it. He jokingly asked me if I knew anyone with a tracking dog, I told him my dog might be able to. He said ok let's try it if you have time. I went and grabbed my dog at lunch time. When I got to the spot and let my dog out my buddy said "what kind of dog is that?" I told him it was a drahthaar and he asked what the heck that was. I told him what they are and what they are supposed to do. About 15 minutes later he told me I was going to be the first call on any more tracking. He's six and I've never had him on a blood trail but he did awesome.

KIMG0934_1.JPG

• Like 9

A friend of mine hit a coyote last night and couldn't find it. He jokingly asked me if I knew anyone with a tracking dog, I told him my dog might be able to. He said ok let's try it if you have time. I went and grabbed my dog at lunch time. When I got to the spot and let my dog out my buddy said "what kind of dog is that?" I told him it was a drahthaar and he asked what the heck that was. I told him what they are and what they are supposed to do. About 15 minutes later he told me I was going to be the first call on any more tracking. He's six and I've never had him on a blood trail but he did awesome.
KIMG0934_1.thumb.JPG.6fb3665d154971a24452843e149c7024.JPG

Beautiful dog, looks almost like a shorthair in the picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1