Coyote hunting

5 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

This weekend, particularly Saturday night, the yotes were out like crazy by me. I had to plow my road and my sisters driveway multiple times to keep up with the snow. Everytime I plowed, there were new yote tracks on the road and driveway. It was killing me lol.

Get out there and send it 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

This weekend, particularly Saturday night, the yotes were out like crazy by me. I had to plow my road and my sisters driveway multiple times to keep up with the snow. Everytime I plowed, there were new yote tracks on the road and driveway. It was killing me lol.

We tried an afternoon hunt in tough conditions but scanning with a light in the snow seemed like a futile venture so we quit at dark.

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 2

We tried an afternoon hunt in tough conditions but scanning with a light in the snow seemed like a futile venture so we quit at dark.
we shall return. it was a meer scouting trip with an opportunity for your greatest heist yet.... if moog posts a gopro for sale you folks better not buy !!!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, TreeGuy said:

we shall return. it was a meer scouting trip with an opportunity for your greatest heist yet.... if moog posts a gopro for sale you folks better not buy !!!

Fool you once, shame on me..... fool you twice, well ......

free gopro to the first responding

• Like 1

1 minute ago, moog5050 said:

Fool you once, shame on me..... fool you twice, well ......

free gopro to the first responding

I'm looking for a good set of thermal winter boots if you happen to come across them.  Size 11. 

On another unrelated note, Andrew do your feet get cold when night hunting at all......

I'm looking for a good set of thermal winter boots if you happen to come across them.  Size 11. 

On another unrelated note, Andrew do your feet get cold when night hunting at all......
sometimes. I wear some hand me down moccosins that smell like,my great great great grandfathers corn infested feet.

I'm trying to make my first set Friday afternoon. My cell cam is showing all types of predators, day and night. Time to get the snow shoes out and hike in lol Got to catch up to my buddy. Hes taken 16 greys, 2 reds and 2 yotes so far. He has time though, and healthy kids lol.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Team Hoyt said:

Does the wind affect predator hunting? Last night it was windy all over. I'm new to this so I'm trying to figure things out

They won't hear the call from as far away as say a less windy night so your range of canines will be smaller    Possibly carrying your scent farther too    Congrats on the fox    What sounds were you playing ? Shotgun or rifle?

6 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

They won't hear the call from as far away as say a less windy night so your range of canines will be smaller    Possibly carrying your scent farther too    Congrats on the fox    What sounds were you playing ? Shotgun or rifle?

It was a rodent distress. Got him with my savage 223. I'm thinking I've got change my call list. It's got all distress sounds. Thinking of going with 2 distress followed by some fox or coyote call. Then repeat 

Wind ruins everything like TF said. Call goes nowhere, critters hang tight in the woods, never good success in heavy winds. It's possible to get one in the wind but not likely.

I'll be heading back out to the promise Land tonight with #teammoog. Stay tuned, I think he might slay a beast or TWO tonight !!

• Like 4