Coyote hunting

1 hour ago, Engraver99 said:

is that the Kopfjager Reaper Grip ? I have the pig saddle? do you like that mount?

Just got it.   High quality.  Bit heavy.   Very sturdy and smooth pan and elevation.   If I am hiking a ways I will likely take the primos trigger but close set ups or blinds or kids shooting, this thing will be sweet.  

So I went out today to knock on doors and ask for permission, one farmer said yes and I now have permission on this one piece. The red arrow indicates wind direction and the yellow dots are where I would like to sit. I was also wondering people’s thoughts on hunting dawn and dusk VS hunting at night.

26f22fafdfb3173a29561e68caaf8ba6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Just got it.   High quality.  Bit heavy.   Very sturdy and smooth pan and elevation.   If I am hiking a ways I will likely take the primos trigger but close set ups or blinds or kids shooting, this thing will be sweet.  

nice, i was undecided which one to get and got the pig saddle as I did not need the cam mount. People rave about both of them tho- can't go wrong and it's nice to be hands free. I only use mine at night tho while standing. I hook my call to the tripod and scan with my pulsar thermal monocular while the pig saddle holds my gun at the ready.

good luck with it

1 minute ago, Engraver99 said:

nice, i was undecided which one to get and got the pig saddle as I did not need the cam mount. People rave about both of them tho- can't go wrong and it's nice to be hands free. I only use mine at night tho while standing. I hook my call to the tripod and scan with my pulsar thermal monocular while the pig saddle holds my gun at the ready.

good luck with it

Thanks. Sounds like you got it down.  I debated also.  Just didn’t want to have to buy a third component (ball head) so the reaper grip had its own mechanisms.  It really grabs the gun nice.  A bit to heavy to mount on the trigger sticks however. Works but not like on the slik tripod.   It will be fun for target shooting too 

Andrew shot a nice red.   I shaved a Fox at 240 thinking he was 150.  Tough to judge yardage on eyes at night in a field.   We paced it off from the hair.   Fun night.   My new tripod was a pleasure.   
Any thoughts how a laser range finder might work at night? I own a Leica 2400 R and although I have used it very little I think it would come in handy for that. Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, TACC said:

Any thoughts how a laser range finder might work at night? I own a Leica 2400 R and although I have used it very little I think it would come in handy for that. Just curious.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I don’t think you can read one in the da k.   At least that is my experience. 

Andrew shot a nice red.   I shaved a Fox at 240 thinking he was 150.  Tough to judge yardage on eyes at night in a field.   We paced it off from the hair.   Fun night.   My new tripod was a pleasure.   
I may or may not have called a "150ish" range.....

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

My buddies had a middle school like argument, so i just hunted my backyard. Nothing for me, my other spot by my house has a snowmobile path going through were i sit, so that spot is shot unless they close that trail system.
About calling 150 on a 240 shot....lol

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

• Like 2