Coyote hunting

41 minutes ago, TreeGuy said:

Eat em !! Yote backstraps are fantastic

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Especially those that have been seasoned with a bit of mange.  Now I know why you wanted to keep the yote last Sat!

Edited by moog5050
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

skin em .stretch em and tan them.   great wall décor and conversation pieces

First 40lber may get a full body mount.  Not sure my wife will put up with anymore dead animals on our walls however.  The yote skins may get relegated to the basement hunting room!

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

does anyone worry about bringing home any disease to their dogs?  I never wanted to bring one to the house just in case of mange or parvo etc.....

Geeze now I do.  lol  I certainly wouldn't want my dog sniffing around the carcass.

2 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Not sure how they are passed on but good point Rob!

from what i have read some of these can be transmitted thru direct contact but also from feces or even clothing.   So if you had the coyote against your jacket and got blood on it and your dog was exposed they could be infected.  

1 minute ago, Robhuntandfish said:

from what i have read some of these can be transmitted thru direct contact but also from feces or even clothing.   So if you had the coyote against your jacket and got blood on it and your dog was exposed they could be infected.  

Its not transmitted by blood, its through feces.

2 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Its not transmitted by blood, its through feces.

https://www.akc.org/expert-advice/health/parvo-in-dogs/   american Kennel club says also can be indirect contact.  Might still be from feces but if feces touched anything else the virus could still be there.  but thats also just parvo.  There are others like mange etc .  I just dont want to take the chance even if it is small. - no nasty yotes make it to the house and truck gets cleaned out if i give them to others.  

I'm planning on getting all my yotes (future yotes that is since I have yet to get anything) tanned and turned into a sweet coat at some point. Though my first will definitely become a full body with a nice bleached skull. Unless of course it's got a bad case of mange in which case just a skull will have to suffice

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I'm planning on getting all my yotes (future yotes that is since I have yet to get anything) tanned and turned into a sweet coat at some point. Though my first will definitely become a full body with a nice bleached skull. Unless of course it's got a bad case of mange in which case just a skull will have to suffice

Kanye West look for ya ?!ba80fdb195a7b6ecea26c9f6030f2242.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Kanye West look for ya ?!ba80fdb195a7b6ecea26c9f6030f2242.jpg&key=3640b1cc6ca3a43b2700cdfc4ebdee35403b37500c03dd7e4d87696073d91e18

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without the scowl. I am a much happier guy than he is. Plus the girlfriend is not a dirty skank like Kardashian is. I'm thinking more Joe Namath

786bfec16a74228ac938081a20c38361.jpg

• Haha 2