Coyote hunting

never hunted coyotes at night. always during the day. seems like it's a way different experience.
That's an understatement. I got a call from my bro in law today, told me he heard a shot last night around 930. He lives about 1.5 miles away. Kinda cool to know he heard me when I shot. Night hunting is an awesome experience when you look at the big picture of what your doing out there.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

2 hours ago, mlammerhirt said:

Do you scan with the same color light as your gun light?

Also do you constantly scan while calling?

This thread is awesome....what valuable information.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Yes red scan light, red kill light. I scan the whole time. My gun light i have turned down and wider light pattern than my scan light. Scan light is as bright and focused as i can get it.

• Like 1

This is goin to be a new setup for me. Shot off the ground and used a bipod. Now i got this turkey seat and the tripod. Nice comfortable setup.
20190115_144647.thumb.jpg.e5dba2f268641fe4c9d70aeb8059d462.jpg
Damnit now I want a fancy seat! I'm trying to save money over here!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

This is goin to be a new setup for me. Shot off the ground and used a bipod. Now i got this turkey seat and the tripod. Nice comfortable setup.
20190115_144647.thumb.jpg.e5dba2f268641fe4c9d70aeb8059d462.jpg
Geeze, I use an old truck mud flap and a pair of carhart overalls... guess I gotta step up my game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gencountyzeek said:

Yes red scan light, red kill light. I scan the whole time. My gun light i have turned down and wider light pattern than my scan light. Scan light is as bright and focused as i can get it.

I do the exact opposite. My kill light is always focused so that the entire FOV of the scope is lit up, but thats it. My scan light is opened up more to throw more of a halo and cover more area at once.

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

I do the exact opposite. My kill light is always focused so that the entire FOV of the scope is lit up, but thats it. My scan light is opened up more to throw more of a halo and cover more area at once.

The gun light is bright enough that even turned down and opened up i can see perfectly through it. Many ways to do the same thing, as long as their is a dog dog at the end is all that matters.

Did they forget your doughnut as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I totally forgot to mention. Got in my truck to head home from moog's last week..... Had a victory donut waiting for me !!! Tasted of sweet success, and mange.

• Like 3

Pulled my cards today, Fox and coyotes on each camera multiple times  . Sat in two stands blowing my squeak thing (;insert dirty  joke here ) .

After a few minutes I said wtf, I could be home drinking beer and watching Zena Princess Warrior ,so here I am ! Oh I did call in a possum , for a minute a thought they put a possum call in coyote box .

May try it again in March when we return from FLA, but I’m guessing no .

• Like 1

I totally forgot to mention. Got in my truck to head home from moog's last week..... Had a victory donut waiting for me !!! Tasted of sweet success, and mange.

Sweet sweet victory doughnut!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Everyone will know once I kill my first fox/coyote. You'll hear my victory scream/howl all over the state!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I told Moog to prepare for a man hug when he drops the first dog. Shucks, I might even cry. I will be very sad to not be able to ridicule him anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2