Bone Saw

XGX7PM

10 minutes ago, Otto said:

I bought this one at Runnings this fall, used it once and it worked pretty good.  Seems sturdy. 

https://www.runnings.com/hme-products-bone-saw-with-scabbard-bsws.html

Seen this, very similar design as the one ł broke.

Mine broke first use, dismantling the rib cage none the less. Butchered the doe in the city, had to slim her down since ł couldn't just drag the carcass in to the woods.

The pink paracord is because my buddy dropped my good bone saw in the woods last year while ł taught him how to field dress one. We never found it, wasn't going to happen to this one.

3 minutes ago, chefhunter86 said:

What do you need a bone saw for in the field ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My field kit goes with me wherever ł hunt.

On a number of occasions ł have helped others process their harvest when they're underprepared, doesn't hurt to have it and not need it.

1 minute ago, TreeGuy said:

The 2 I mentioned are smaller. Work fantastic but I wouldn't butcher a deer with them. Sternum and pelvic cuts are a beeze

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

When ł say process ł am referring to butchering and carcass breakdown for disposal. Beginning to end.

The owner of one of the places ł hunt has a couple dogs, his only rule is don't leave the carcasses because he doesn't like the dogs getting to them. Burying them just makes it fun for them so they get broke down and into a garbage bag they go.

When ł bring them to the city for processing ł get some good reactions, can't just put a carcass in the garbage tote so that's another situation where ł'm hackimg through the sternum, pelvis and ribs.