Hunting boots

Iluvracks1359

Hey guys, just wondering, what do you all wear out in the woods, specifically during deer season? For the past 5 years or so, ive had the Under Armour Brow tines, and honestly,. I wasn't impressed with how long they lasted, sure I had the for 5 years, but they stayed REALLY waterproof for maybe 2 -3 years max, and the past couple of years I have just been being stingy on not spending money on a new pair of boots. My buddy that I hunt with just got a new pair of Muck arctic something or other, and they are pretty nice, but I've found a new underarmour boot, similar to the Muck boot, and surprisingly, its a bit cheaper. the boot is the UA HAW 2.0 800G. Do any of you have these boots? If not, what boots do you wear? Im looking for something that doesn't have to have insane amount of thinsulate, but I really need something that lasts a long time,. and keeps the water out! Nothing worse than wet feet! 

thanks for your input! 

I use Mucks, the tallest ones I could find . I hunt wet muddy farmland with drainage ditches I have to cross so water proof and tall are needed .

I stand hunt, and wear one pair of socks , don’t really have a cold foot issue , with normal season temps .

I love them , stuff my pant legs inside boots ,which keeps pants clean and dry, easy to take off/ put on  at truck , which keeps truck clean .

Bought my daughter a pair of Muck Arctic Ice , for deer hunting as well as city use , the city does a poor job cleaning sidewalks .

As for lasting , I’m on my second set of Mucks, first pair got some small tears in The neoprene, still water proof unless you stand in the water for a while . I still use them around the house and hunting when the water is low as they’re not as tall as second set .

I dry them each night, wad up paper towels and stuff them in . Just bought a boot drier too. Starting out with dry feet, and drying them After is key to comfort in any boot .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

I wear my muck boots as late as i can , my feet get cold easily but this year i tried alpaca socks and was way in to gun season with just muck boots , my heavy boots are really warm but they are ridiculously loud to walk in ,those are Irish setters ,2000 something g of thinsulate in those . 

I use cabelas 2000 gram thinsulate high rubber boots they are well insulated and use one pair of socks made from alpaca fur and im good. During the late season and muzzloader if the temps are real bad then i will break out my Baffin boots, they are so well insulated that i only need a thin pair of dress socks and im good all day.

ł still wear Cabelas Duratrax 2, they are from either 2013 or 2014 and going strong.

18" tall, quiet while walking and warm. ł layer my thermals in to two pairs of omni wool socks.

Don't think they sell them anymore. Irish setter and muck both have great insulated rubber boots.

LL Bean Maine hunting boots if temps are above 30, my first pair lasted 20+ years ,pair two should last me another 20+ . If  below 30 degree's it's  field and stream 1000 gram rubber boots, think they swamp tracker 1000s they called. I know most dislike the llbean boots but I sure love them. Show me any other boot that can last that long , that must show something .

Mucks. I have a turkey through early season pair and another pair for late season. Constantly had cold feet, till I did the mucks. Boot liners with wool socks varying in thickness for temps. Once we hit teens and below I switch to pack style with thermacell insoles. My oldest pair of mucks is prob pushing 10? Years. Still as waterproof as the day I bought them and they get abused and put away wet, literally.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Depends on the time of season....

Early season I am probably going first choice with my Lacrosse rubber backs...the old fashioned uninsulated type. For total waterproofing, you cant beat em. the only problem with any full rubber boot is they sweat, so change your socks throughtout the day (no substitute for good Merino wool).

When it is getting colder, I have a pack of Cabelas 2000 rubber packs, whatever they call them. They are the warmest boot I ever had, fair support and of course totally waterproof to the top. My only complaint is the last pair didn't last as long as I would expect, but I probably got 5 years out of them. If I am walking /still hunting, I like the good old Maine hunting boot/ LL bean style boot. The relatively small foot print minimizes noise, reasonably waterproof (I so often swamp bog above the top it is a moot point anyway).