Opening day Gun season

First-light

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

Good luck! I was out today and was only able to drive one deer. I set up another drive, but some guys came from behind us shot a deer in the middle of our drive. I had deer running towards me (I was the driver) when they should have been walking the other way

It's the way to do it out there. We will get two adjoining spots and walk the properties all day. I'll report back in tonight!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, First-light said:

It's the way to do it out there. We will get two adjoining spots and walk the properties all day. I'll report back in tonight!

On the 7th we had 6 guys out and we shot 6 deer by doing drives. If you know what you're doing they can be really effective. Only problem is now theyre getting real jumpy because they keep getting pushed all around. Theyre just flying by now instead of jumping away. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jeremy K said:

5 degrees this morning ,not ideal for ticks .  Cold weather is ahead ,I was actually just talking to a guy at work about this mild winter and how the ticks will be a nightmare next year.

I remember reading that snow kills the most ticks and not the cold. Could be way wrong on that though

6 hours ago, ATbuckhunter said:

On the 7th we had 6 guys out and we shot 6 deer by doing drives. If you know what you're doing they can be really effective. Only problem is now theyre getting real jumpy because they keep getting pushed all around. Theyre just flying by now instead of jumping away. 

So we got 41 and 42 in Ottis Pike. We had three guys. We pushed all day and saw 6 deer. Had shots but didn't connect. I really wished I connected because I jumped two bedded bucks at 60 yards. They both had huge tines and shot out past the nose. Bedded together it was unreal. They jumped up headed away from me then turned slightly. I let two fly but did not connect. Rest of the shots were at doe but it was so still today they heard you way out and were moving quick. Maybe again next week we shall see. Bother found a dead head that was in velvet. Probably shot by the farmer who borders 41, just sayen. 

IMG_2615.jpg

• Like 2