ODYSSEUS

Winter Hiking At Stewart State Forest.

Coyote Hunters were out this morning.  I kept hearing this one (dog) barking in the same spot as, I walked in. I was hoping, I would hear a shot from that Field. Deer Tracks everywhere. 2 hour Hike and home to Scrambled Eggs. A few pics..

1 hour ago, ODYSSEUS said:

Plenty of Deer use these huge fields. Sometimes, I will see a few Coyotes as well.

Ever think about coyote hunting ? Would save some turkeys.   Use your turkey gun. Another reason to get in the woods 

I have thought about that  from time to time.
So act on it ! Granted that there's alot of other nest robbers in the woods but you would be helping the turkey population in your area and make the birds more comfortable in the spring. April May June the dogs are hunting hard as they have pups to feed. Less coyotes = more turkeys. I can't believe a turkey head like yourself hasn't tried to eradicate some dogs.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

I live an hour and change from Stewarts and thinking of going either for yotes or pheasant. My lab is not trained specifically for pheasants, but im thinking she should work out. Stewarts is a "show up and hunt anywhere" or ?? Never been..

I live an hour and change from Stewarts and thinking of going either for yotes or pheasant. My lab is not trained specifically for pheasants, but im thinking she should work out. Stewarts is a "show up and hunt anywhere" or ?? Never been..

I think I’m heading there tomorrow night for a dog hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk