2019 habitat work started

Well its started dropped some trees that were choking out some old wild apple trees and trimmed up the apple trees hopefully with more sun and trimming them back some they will produce some apples  If nothing else I will get some new growth in the area like briars and young maples deer really like the new growth for browse, and bed in those area

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, land 1 said:

Well its started dropped some trees that were choking out some old wild apple trees and trimmed up the apple trees hopefully with more sun and trimming them back some they will produce some apples  If nothing else I will get some new growth in the area like briars and young maples deer really like the new growth for browse, and bed in those area

Pruning is a great stimulant though on old trees a slow approach works better as it produces less shock. Removing a 1/3 of the limbs  each year over 3 years is advisable . To big a shock can kill the tree

On 1/7/2019 at 12:03 PM, land 1 said:

Let's see some pics!

3 hours ago, land 1 said:

yeah i dont even have a clue how to get it from phone to my very old lap top lol...but thanks for the info maybe ill see what the gf can do

Ok so hope on the site via your phone, hit reply to topic and then click the blue link.. click to choose files and you should he able to figure it out.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...