Time to lose the weight

Swamp_bucks

Week 1 update.

Scale at home my wife said was broke so starting weight is 267 based on scale at work, better then 280 like i thought.

Figured out a HIIT routine with weights.  Along with jogging and my daughter talked me into yoga which seems to help my back tightness.  Also figured out a healthy sweet tooth.  Favorite so far is chocolate rice cakes with peanut butter and banana.

So after week 1 weight im down to 260. So going the right way.

• Like 11

34 minutes ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Week 1 update.

Scale at home my wife said was broke so starting weight is 267 based on scale at work, better then 280 like i thought.

Figured out a HIIT routine with weights.  Along with jogging and my daughter talked me into yoga which seems to help my back tightness.  Also figured out a healthy sweet tooth.  Favorite so far is chocolate rice cakes with peanut butter and banana.

Great job.  I am with you on this one.  Week 2 for me.  Sticking with intermittent fasting which just means I only eat from noon to 6pm except Saturday.    It seems to we working well and is very sustainable.  Still hitting weights but need to add cardio.  I am a bit lazy on cardio.  Stay with it swamp.  We can both get where we want. 

• Like 3

Great job.  I am with you on this one.  Week 2 for me.  Sticking with intermittent fasting which just means I only eat from noon to 6pm except Saturday.    It seems to we working well and is very sustainable.  Still hitting weights but need to add cardio.  I am a bit lazy on cardio.  Stay with it swamp.  We can both get where we want. 

Do you feel light headed in the morning? I’ve never tried IF, because I always figured I’d feel weak in the mornings at work if I did. I’m not a big breakfast guy, but usually need oatmeal or cereal to prevent feeling weak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I need to join in on this. 20-25 pounds would be a nice loss for me. Get me back to hovering around 185. I really felt great at that weight. The last 2 years has really killed my diet and exercise. With the kids getting older it just seems to be getting harder.

29 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Do you feel light headed in the morning? I’ve never tried IF, because I always figured I’d feel weak in the mornings at work if I did. I’m not a big breakfast guy, but usually need oatmeal or cereal to prevent feeling weak

get checked out for hypoglycemia, low blood sugar. if you hate going to doctors, buy a cheap diabetic blood sugar testing kit at at drug store. take you blood sugar first thing in the morning for a few days. If it's below 90, you might have an issue. I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on tv.

I need to join in on this. 20-25 pounds would be a nice loss for me. Get me back to hovering around 185. I really felt great at that weight. The last 2 years has really killed my diet and exercise. With the kids getting older it just seems to be getting harder.

But you gained 130” Rack!

• Like 2

get checked out for hypoglycemia, low blood sugar. if you hate going to doctors, buy a cheap diabetic blood sugar testing kit at at drug store. take you blood sugar first thing in the morning for a few days. If it's below 90, you might have an issue. I am not a doctor, nor do I play one on tv.

I go to doctor and my bloodwork is fine. I’m just not sure I would want to try fasting 18 hours per day.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Swamp_bucks said:

Week 1 update.

Try the smuckers all natural peanut butter no added sugar. I switched to this some time ago and prefer it to Peter Pan etc. To me it tastes like roasted peanuts that I love..

and myself I am down 5 lbs. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Not really.   I wake a bit hungry on some days but a cup of coffee is enough to get me to lunch.   Down 12lbs two weeks in and it doesn’t really feel like a diet.  Big thing is it stops me from mindless post dinner snacking. 

• Like 4

Not really.   I wake a bit hungry on some days but a cup of coffee is enough to get me to lunch.   Down 12lbs two weeks in and it doesn’t really feel like a diet.  Big thing is it stops me from mindless post dinner snacking. 

Gotcha. Good luck! So you’re doing the 18/6 not 16/8

6 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Gotcha. Good luck! So you’re doing the 18/6 not 16/8

Yep.  Can eat what I want from noon until 6pm. Nothing before or after except Sat.   I have also been cutting back on complex carbs too but still eat them if I want.  

• Like 1

Congrats to all !  Not as easy as it sounds for sure.  It took a little over a year for me to get down to my optimal weight.  Once I got used to eating smaller portions and cutting out a lot of the junk, I was able to get used to the routine and best of all, maintain.  I was able to drop 70 lbs and I started 23 months ago.

• Like 6

2 goal met today jogged .5miles straight. Took me 6 mins but i did it.  And 60 crunches under 2 mins.  Next goals .75 miles in 10 mins 80 crunches in 2 mins.  

Eveeyone else working at losing weight just keep pushing.   Starting to get addicted to the weight room and jogging again.

• Like 4

2 goal met today jogged .5miles straight. Took me 6 mins but i did it.  And 60 crunches under 2 mins.  Next goals .75 miles in 10 mins 80 crunches in 2 mins.  
Eveeyone else working at losing weight just keep pushing.   Starting to get addicted to the weight room and jogging again.

Keep at it man! Goal by goal pound by pound.

48 minutes ago, ODYSSEUS said:

I have just cut down to 1 Piece of Bread a day or 1 Bagel. Usually with unsalted Peanut Butter.  

Your post reminds me of my breakfasts.  I always had a cream cheese bagel at 9am break.  Now, I have a slice of wheat bread with peanut butter, then folded.  Surprisingly it holds me over until noon while working, I was skeptical about it.  I thought maybe you would find interest in this.  

Who’s would be interested in a little friendly weight loss club ? To push each other and report here and possibly a meet up at the end to celebrate? My wedding is in July and could use some more motivation to drop off the hunting weight I put on ...lol 

• Like 1