2019 Habitat seed Program (Soybeans)

Good Morning,

We will again have the Habitat Seed Program that makes seed available to our members at an affordable cost and planted as a benefit to wildlife. It’s a great deal for plots and can be planted or broadcast. This is only for members in the following counties, Monroe, Livingston,Orleans, Genesee, Wyoming. Other counties should reach out to a more local branch. The contacts for other branches can be found at https://www.qdma.com/new-york/

Glyphosate Resistant Soybeans are available for this program. The seed will be one-year old seed that will germinate fine for food plots.  The retail cost of this seed is between $80-$100 a bag. It should plant about a half-acre per bag or could be stretched with the addition of other species.  The cost of each bag of soybeans is $9 per bag and there is no limit on the amount you can order this year.  

The Branch must submit the amount our members want by January 23rd to be combined with the other branches in NY. We are limited to ½ and full tractor trailer loads.

We are placing our order earlier this year and pushing for delivery in March or early April, however, we are at the mercy of the trucking and seed firm. Once we secure delivery we will set a date in a central area where you can come and pick up your seed.

This seed can NOT be sold, used for business purposes or harvested; it must be left for wildlife.  A form will to be signed by each purchaser stating this intent.

You MUST be a QDMA member to purchase the seed. You will need your membership card/number or attended our 2018 Banquet as proof.

PROCESS TO ORDER:

Send an email to Corbin Palmer at [email protected] and request the number of bags you would like to purchase. Include your full name, mailing address, email address, contact phone number and your membership status.  Corbin will respond with an email confirming your order, so you know it was received.

When you receive Corbin’s confirming email, send your payment check to Kim O’Connor, 20 Sandstone Drive, Spencerport, NY 14559.  All seed payments must be received by Kim no later than February 28th, 2019. If Kim hasn’t received your payment by the 28th, we will work through our waiting list to sell the remaining seed so it doesn’t go to waste.

Thank you for your support. Without it, we could not bring you programs like this.

Bob Rose

President

Greater Rochester Southern Tier Branch

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

We are very close to the delivery date and we may have some extra available. Price is as outlined above and should be arrive in plenty of  time to get in in the ground. Can't beat the price and even though you have to be a QDMA member, you will never get around this price point that I know of. Comment of PM me any questions you may have. 

DON'T FORGET THE INNOCULANT!!!!!

OK boys and girls. I have confirmation that the soy beans have landed in NY. I am working on picking up the ones I spoke for. I took an extra pallet to help fill the truck so I have 60 bags that I will be finding a home for. $9 a bag. ($80-100 retail).  PM me your Name, email, phone number, QDMA membership number, and the quantity you want. First come first serve. you will be able to pick up the beans in the Rochester area. (other branches may still have some as well across the state if you want a more convenient pick up location). MUST be planted and NOT harvested

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have pick up scheduled for this Tuesday 5/21 from 7-9 pm and Thursday 5/23 from 6-9 pm in Henrietta, NY. If anyone that hasn't ordered wants some drop me a PM of pick up address.  (QDMA membership required and can be gotten online, $35 a year). Bags are $9 each and normally they run over $80 a bag. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

I have pick up scheduled for this Tuesday 5/21 from 7-9 pm and Thursday 5/23 from 6-9 pm in Henrietta, NY. If anyone that hasn't ordered wants some drop me a PM of pick up address.  (QDMA membership required and can be gotten online, $35 a year). Bags are $9 each and normally they run over $80 a bag. 

For people that have already ordered, will you send them the pickup address?

we're close to selling out here in eastern NY. I may have a few bags left of these soybeans. If anyone seeing this would like some and is in the Capital region PM me, sooner than later. Our branch doesn't have a dedicated forum on here, so i'm hijacking Culver's. lol

3 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

we're close to selling out here in eastern NY. I may have a few bags left of these soybeans. If anyone seeing this would like some and is in the Capital region PM me, sooner than later. Our branch doesn't have a dedicated forum on here, so i'm hijacking Culver's. lol

I wish they would do a sub forum and have our branches under that. Obviously you just haven't been greasing the right palms...lol

I wish they would do a sub forum and have our branches under that. Obviously you just haven't been greasing the right palms...lol
I'll let you grease john. Hard pass on that one. lol

....in all honesty I havent asked nicely yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 8:41 AM, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Thanks for doing this, Bob. 

• Like 1

This is for Northern Fingerlakes Branch. They have some beans that have not been purchased yet if anyone is interested.

GOT BEANS? Northern Fingerlakes branch has about 70 bags available of Soybeans through the QDMA Seed Program. The bags are approximately 50 pounds, they are a group 1 bean, and are round up resistant. They are last years seed, but germinate over 85% on germination test. You can plant soybeans through June and provide great plots for summer or hunting season.

The Beans are in the Lyons, NY area

If interested please reach out to Ben Williams at 315-879-7802 Price is $10 a bag, must be a QDMA member, you may join when picking up your beans for $35. This is a significant savings and are a great member benefit of QDMA. Please note Ben works during the day and may not be able to field daytime calls but will get back to you.

4 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Hooking up with Ben after work today finally.. 

I planned to plant the soybeans with brassicas in early august.  Too late?  Pretty sure they will be demolished before the season anyways but worth a shot at this price.

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

I planned to plant the soybeans with brassicas in early august.  Too late?  Pretty sure they will be demolished before the season anyways but worth a shot at this price.

That will work fine. You'll get plants but very little if any seed production. Which is fine. The'll eat the plants and then even hit the root mass late in the late season or winter. 

Edited by Culvercreek hunt club
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

if you're near the Saratoga, Warren, Washington, or Rensselaer county area the Upper Hudson River Valley branch has some still left too.

Any chance a QDMA member could still get a couple bags of those beans...?

Thank you,

Jsin

• 6 months later...

Could anyone tell me, assuming normal/average growing conditions, how many days it takes for the soybeans to grow to the point that a) the deer will start eating the leaves and b) the plants will be fully mature/go brown?

Trying to figure out when I can plant these next year. One options is to plant them "early", and then plant something else for the fall, or maybe I can plant these mid-summer and have them through some or all of gun season. I'm open to suggestions in general in this regard. Thanks.