Anyone drive a Nissan Frontier?

Buckmaster7600

11 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I’m dipping my toes in the water for a new truck found what seems to be a good deal on a 2018 frontier. Anyone own one? What do you think? Seem to get good reviews other than people calling them dated and low tech but that’s a selling point for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a 2018 but have owned 3 of them in my life. Bullet proof from my experience. all 3 were 225,000---250,000 mile trucks. Gas mileage was never great with the 6 cyl versions I owned. Didn't have a mechanical issue with any of them other than wear parts. 

• Like 1

Can't help with the Frontier.....I have a 2017 Titan sv crew cab and absolutely love it for what I need and the price point is great.
Nothing but good things to say about Nissan....we have owned an Xterra, Rogue, Murrano, and now a Titan.c786bc27b93e306dfb902873486f2e3c.jpg930ddeaece824e744c2f5869df04d2c4.jpg

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Not a 2018 but have owned 3 of them in my life. Bullet proof from my experience. all 3 were 225,000---250,000 mile trucks. Gas mileage was never great with the 6 cyl versions I owned. Didn't have a mechanical issue with any of them other than wear parts. 

That’s basically everything I have read on them. If they haven’t been changed Since 2004 and are still selling trucks that says a lot to me. I don’t want or need the latest and greatest and they have some awesome deals on the nissans.

51 minutes ago, Buckmaster7600 said:

I’m dipping my toes in the water for a new truck found what seems to be a good deal on a 2018 frontier. Anyone own one? What do you think? Seem to get good reviews other than people calling them dated and low tech but that’s a selling point for me.

Yup, I have a 2012 and I have had great luck with it. 111,000 and no issues other than brakes and tires etc.  I had one before that as well.  Tows the boat fine and it's been very dependable.  Plan on keeping it 2-3 more years then getting another. 

I have the extended cab and not the double cab cause I wanted a 6 ft box.  Does everything I need it to. Gets 18 mpg.   6 is good power, drives and handles nice.  I do put 2 sandbags in, one over each wheel in the winter.  I def recommend one.  I had a Toyota in between my two for a couple of years and traded it in for the Nissan.  Been a good truck. 

Still driving a 2006 Frontier LE four door club cab, with 177,000 miles on it. No major failures, just the usual maintenance and upkeep stuff. Just made the round trip on Saturday to moogs, four hours each way. No problems. Tows my pro style bassboat like nothing. Does work on the farm and in the fields too. Overall gas mileage averages about 18mpg.  Been a good truck.

We are looking for another vehicle now. May even get another Frontier!

• Like 1

I had one, a 2004, from 2004 until 2010.  It was a basic model without any frills.  Four cylinder standard shift.  I loved it.  Was terrible in rain/snow, otherwise great.  It definitely was not meant for heavy hauling, towing, or off-roading.  But, for my purposes at the time, perfect.

Thanks everyone, I currently have 2 full size regular can pickups a 3/4ton and a half ton. Over Christmas my girlfriend my daughter and I took my truck to Connecticut for Christmas and it was the deciding factor that I need something with a back seat. Test drive the Toyota, frontier and GM. I like the frontier the best and it’s by far there cheapest.

• Like 1

I had a 1998 Frontier basic 4 banger that I purchased new and just got rid of last year. Used it 17 yrs then parked it when it needed a catalytic converter. Cannot complain really. Just some rust in the bed. That was my 5th Nissan and in total my family drove about 800,000 miles in the Nissans. So, I am a fan.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 1