How can the NYC Mayer make policy that affects all New Yorkers?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/01/08/nyregion/de-blasio-health-care-plan.html

We are just going to give health care to illegal immigrants? To the tune of 100 million plus? 

I get my health insurance through my wife. She works for Statefarm. We pay a small fortune for our family health plan. We had to switch from CDPHP (because it become unaffordable) to Blue Cross Blue Shield with much larger copays and still pay a small fortune. My wife and I could each be driving new cars/trucks for what we pay in health care each month but if break into this country you now get it for free? Article says they will even hand out health cards. Probably more valuable than my crappy Blue Cross blue shield health card. I just don't get how these people get votes from hard working Americans. 

• Like 2

What pisses me off is combat vets with serious health issues die after waiting MONTHS to see a doctor at the VA, 22 vets a DAY commit suicide, and the soulless, shameless democrats ignore that and find money for NON-CITIZENS to get free health insurance. To the dems, the citizen takes a back seat to the non-citizens, and yes, the wounded veterans, the men and women who offered to put their life on the line for all of us. Absolutely disgusting. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rob-c said:

Well you kinda answered your own question. They don’t get votes from hard working folks. It’s the non working that votes to continue to get their freebies. Sadly we are outnumbered.. 

I'm curious.. I'm betting that the number of nonworking voters is grossly overestimated. The welfare class isn't very politically active. 

1 hour ago, CapDistPatriot said:

What pisses me off is combat vets with serious health issues die after waiting MONTHS to see a doctor at the VA, 22 vets a DAY commit suicide, and the soulless, shameless democrats ignore that and find money for NON-CITIZENS to get free health insurance. To the dems, the citizen takes a back seat to the non-citizens, and yes, the wounded veterans, the men and women who offered to put their life on the line for all of us. Absolutely disgusting. 

I agree 100% , but if I was a betting man I would bet 98% of those vets are conservative. So  the dems don’t give a crap.