I was making my calinte chili, I cut pepper and onion just fine. I smashed garlic and as I lifted it literally fell apart. My favorite knife :(

IMG_20190109_171419918.jpg

Edited by Paula

I hope you send it back and you are not injured.Suppose  to be made of steel not pot metal

And please be real careful that you get all the shards. Don’t need you chompin on some scrap metal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Dom said:

I hope you send it back and you are not injured.Suppose  to be made of steel not pot metal

More likely steel that was hardened and not tempered to remove the brittleness..

Never forget the 241 GIs that were killed in Beirut because of Reagan administration policies.

Think I bought the set 3 yrs ago. Nope didn't cut my hand. They are not on the recall list. No shards, too late now if there was. I will try to use the computer to email them in the morning, I keep getting an error message. I am shopping on Amazon for a garlic press

• Like 2

I would not spend that much on a knife, I think I would have a panic attach  once I press "Place Order"

11 hours ago, wildcat junkie said:

More likely steel that was hardened and not tempered to remove the brittleness..

Most likely, but can't be sure until view of the blade ends at the break. Could be a carbon fracture.