moog5050

2019 The Year of the Longbow

4 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

One certainly requires a lot less practice.  I may get to a point that I don't shoot enough and want to hunt with a compound or crossbow, but I still love shooting and find hunting with a single string bow to be more of a challenge.  Making the shot never really crosses my mind with a compound but it sure can with the trad bows. 

Once you get older, making the shot, or even "drawing" the bow is a very real challenge. (as you witnessed)

You don't need to worry about that now though. And your level of skill and determination is well evident. I wish I could go back to trad for my last bow kill. Complete the circle. But no way can I shoot enough to make that happen at this point.

But following your exploits and successes with trad bows, puts a smile on my face!  I'll settle for that!

• Like 1

Let me know when your ready to try real archery I can knap you a set of these and make up some cedar arrows with bone inserts for nockFB_IMG_1547253085986.thumb.jpg.0bcd98ff9db3b10e8efde9af9450e9f9.jpgFB_IMG_1547253089456.jpg.d4ff45f5d1662e87b619741d60c22b5f.jpg

• Like 2

I've hunted almost everyday of my life.. the rest have been wasted!

On 1/11/2019 at 7:33 PM, G-Man said:

Let me know when your ready to try real archery I can knap you a set of these and make up some cedar arrows with bone inserts for nockFB_IMG_1547253085986.thumb.jpg.0bcd98ff9db3b10e8efde9af9450e9f9.jpgFB_IMG_1547253089456.jpg.d4ff45f5d1662e87b619741d60c22b5f.jpg

You make some up that spine for me and I will promise to kill Deer with them.  Shot a 267 on the nfaa 20yd tonight.  Could have easily been a 280.  Grouped great but a bit high.  Loving the longbow.  

Thise are beautiful arrows and wood arrows with knapped heads go with a longbow like peanut butter and jelly! lol 

Edited by moog5050

38 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

You make some up that spine for me and I will promise to kill Deer with them.  Shot a 267 on the nfaa 20yd tonight.  Could have easily been a 280.  Grouped great but a bit high.  Loving the longbow.  

Thise are beautiful arrows and wood arrows with knapped heads go with a longbow like peanut butter and jelly! lol 

That's heat treated pa jasper, I have many different kind of workable stone . Just need to know poundage for cedar shafts and approximate weight of head you want.. I can usually keep them with in 3-5 grain of each other

I've hunted almost everyday of my life.. the rest have been wasted!

my shafts are carbon that look like wood. that's enough for me. i know where this is going. dude stuck some big game with a spear not long ago and lost his sponsors. i can't have that happen. no way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://arforny.com

6 minutes ago, G-Man said:

That's heat treated pa jasper, I have many different kind of workable stone . Just need to know poundage for cedar shafts and approximate weight of head you want.. I can usually keep them with in 3-5 grain of each other

That’s impressive consistency Gman.  I currently shoot 30” easton 340s with 300g heads from this bow.  I like heavy heads.   DW is about 55lbs at my 29” DL.  I really have never played with woodies but my current total weight is around 650g.  I suspect woodies will be heavier which is cool with me.  If you are serious, happy to pay you for some that tune up for me.  It would be a sweet arrow to kill a buck with next year!

Do you also make sweet bows? Maybe that's why I can't kill anything. I'm trying to be too advanced. Need to level the playing field then the deer will come to me

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk