New world record non typical

rob-c

those pics of him at the press conference make me think what I would do in his position. Do I attend some shows, maybe make a few bucks off the fame and also deal with the extra crap and hate/jealousy that comes with that, or do I just enjoy my trophy sitting over the fireplace.

idk...

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, grampy said:

Until proven otherwise, I'll celebrate this young hunters success.  :drinks:

A-freaking-men.

People always looking for the negative. Guy is former military, hunted a buddy's farm who knew about the deer and had been after it, and he shot it on the first night. The DNR confirmed it's legit I believe, too. NAW is all over it with exclusivity.

Can we just celebrate a new record accomplishment?

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, Belo said:

those pics of him at the press conference make me think what I would do in his position. Do I attend some shows, maybe make a few bucks off the fame and also deal with the extra crap and hate/jealousy that comes with that, or do I just enjoy my trophy sitting over the fireplace.

idk...

I highly doubt you go reclusive. You're smart enough to cash in. Not cashing in is doing your kids a disfavor. You have to expect he's going to make six figures this year and probably will gross seven overall if the record stands for 10-20 years.

Edited by phade
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

How could this buck grow that old or big in a 10 years CWD positive wild herd state ? Huh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why don't you get off the computer and go help your fellow deer farmer round up his garbage that escaped.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Belo said:

idk...

I would go public ! I'd be like screw you bitches ! I shot this deer wearing camo from the clearance rack with no war paint on my face !

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Belo said:

idk...

hate and jealousy happen at times when a local hunter here shoots someone elses buck. it's bound to happen. might as well give your family more financial security. if he's of good character and humble it'll be mostly fine.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, phade said:

I highly doubt you go reclusive. You're smart enough to cash in. Not cashing in is doing your kids a disfavor. You have to expect he's going to make six figures this year and probably will gross seven overall if the record stands for 10-20 years.

People hunt for many different reasons, and yes I would probably go that route as well, but it's worth pondering. Also depending on his job, he might not have time to do the travel and make appearances. May be a guy who doesn't like public speaking and attention. Maybe doesn't want to spend his free time on the road away from family. I suppose there's a level of what he commits to, and even just allowing the rack to be displayed and put on covers of magazines would be a minimum that wouldn't stress him too much.

9 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

hate and jealousy happen at times when a local hunter here shoots someone elses buck. it's bound to happen. might as well give your family more financial security. if he's of good character and humble it'll be mostly fine.

the level of hate and jealousy from the guy down the road is very different from that of the united states internet haha. He's now a target for anti's and every jealous hunter, look at the few even on this thread alone.