New world record non typical

rob-c

According to my Nephew , Tucker ( kid who shot ,prior WR) is making good money off his deer and is currently traveling with a hunting show .

I really should go down and hunt with him, they do quite well .

Edited by Stay at home Nomad

this will be interpreted wrong, but 1 million isn't exactly life changing for everyone. Lets say you get 4 weeks vacation a year. Would you burn that all to go make more money? Because you can't quit your job off 1MM, I know I can't. When would you hunt?
I think the replica thing is a no brainier for almost all of us. So is a few magazine articles. But how much would you really be willing to take that "second job"?

I wouldn’t give up 4 full weeks of my 6 weeks vaca. Let the buck make the $. I’m only going if I’m getting paid adequately for appearances.

Fly into Vegas on a Friday for SCI show, get paid $20K to show up Saturday and fly home Sunday is a deal I would make. That $20K is a grizzly hunt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I wouldn’t give up 4 full weeks of my 6 weeks vaca. Let the buck make the $. I’m only going if I’m getting paid adequately for appearances.

Fly into Vegas on a Friday for SCI show, get paid $20K to show up Saturday and fly home Sunday is a deal I would make. That $20K is a grizzly hunt

:rofl:

Knowing SCI they would ask YOU to pay and display. 

They charged the current crop of exhibitors $500 to be included in the app for the floor map! And when many paid they weren't included anyway.:rolleyes: 

Show moved back to Reno this year and attendance was very down. Dallas Safari Club show is this weekend and many just decided to go there instead of that sewer Reno at 10X the price with most of the same companies attending both anyway. I went to the show in Reno 3 times and once in Vegas; I'd never go there again.

:rofl:
Knowing SCI they would ask YOU to pay and display. 
They charged the current crop of exhibitors $500 to be included in the app for the floor map! And when many paid they weren't included anyway.:rolleyes: 
Show moved back to Reno this year and attendance was very down. Dallas Safari Club show is this weekend and many just decided to go there instead of that sewer Reno at 10X the price with most of the same companies attending both anyway. I went to the show in Reno 3 times and once in Vegas; I'd never go there again.

I’ve never been to any of them, but my point was I’d take the $ if it was worth it

1 minute ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’ve never been to any of them, but my point was I’d take the $ if it was worth it

Me too. I'd hire that one baseball agent everyone hates to represent me and squeeze it for all it was worth. LOL

Just a way to vent about SCI for me.....:rolleyes:

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Stay at home Nomad said:

According to my Nephew , Tucker ( kid who shot ,prior WR) is making good money off his deer and is currently traveling with a hunting show .

I really should go down and hunt with him, they do quite well .

traditional whitetail destination states will always have potential and produce big ones. some others down south that weren't known for taking anything but quantity are now really coming up with great deer rivaling some of the midwest.  Trophy management was always a total hit or miss down there, but with the concept of QDM now having been in full stride and spreading it's showing.  people aren't doing it for antlers but antlers are a biproduct and what they're getting.

Colour me surprised that someone could make more than a couple of dollars from a deer.

I know guys who have caught massive trout and I couldn't care less what rod, reel, line, leader, waders, boots, hat or underwear they were wearing when they caught the fish. Maybe a passing curiosity about the fly.

Sometimes, America is one kooky place.

• Like 1

Colour me surprised that someone could make more than a couple of dollars from a deer.
I know guys who have caught massive trout and I couldn't care less what rod, reel, line, leader, waders, boots, hat or underwear they were wearing when they caught the fish. Maybe a passing curiosity about the fly.

We aren’t talking about a random trout. We are talking about the biggest whitetail buck EVER killed by anyone in history of USA

5 hours ago, The Jerkman said:

And that's in January! They must be studs come September!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Ya dates off , he said he had like 700 pics when he pulled that cam. I may hunt Tenn instead of Montana next year .warmer and he has 1,500 acres of exclusive farm land . A narrow woods that runs between farms pays off well .

• Like 1

Ya dates off , he said he had like 700 pics when he pulled that cam. I may hunt Tenn instead of Montana next year .warmer and he has 1,500 acres of exclusive farm land . A narrow woods that runs between farms pays off well .
Definitely should! That's awesome! Maybe you'll be the next record holder!

1 hour ago, left field said:

Deer hunters are whacked . I’ve bought stands and stuff off guys who needed money, due to divorce and such, REALLY ? You got to sell some stands to raise money ? I’d say you never could afford them to begin with .

Some spend thousands on bows ,guns,atvs .leases, but next to nothing goes into their kids college funds , let alone max out their savings and investments .

so if some guy kills a record buck, why not make money off those guys who,think buying more crap will lead to,them killing one ?

God Bless America!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

We aren’t talking about a random trout. We are talking about the biggest whitetail buck EVER killed by anyone in history of USA

Cool story and bragging rights without a doubt, but sponsorship and speaking engagements? I guess I don't understand the world.  

It's kind of like the professional bass fishing world. Bass were put here to be caught by kids and old men while casting from the dock. Turning professional and buying a 100K boat, then parking it 30' offshore and casting back toward the dock is one of the more ridiculous things I've seen. 

Let’s go to Tennessee together!

Cool story and bragging rights without a doubt, but sponsorship and speaking engagements? I guess I don't understand the world.  
It's kind of like the professional bass fishing world. Bass were put here to be caught by kids and old men while casting from the dock. Turning professional and buying a 100K boat, then parking it 30' offshore and casting back toward the dock is one of the more ridiculous things I've seen. 

It’s like catching the world record LM Bass. I’m just that guy made a ton of $ too

1 hour ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

It’s like catching the world record LM Bass. I’m just that guy made a ton of $ too

Im pretty sure he ate it lol. Edit: I had no idea the record was broken in Japan. I bet that fish is worth more than a WR whitetail

Edited by The_Real_TCIII
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 8:19 AM, The_Real_TCIII said:

Im pretty sure he ate it lol. Edit: I had no idea the record was broken in Japan. I bet that fish is worth more than a WR whitetail

i think it was the Georgia state record or something that was on the right when you walked into the Bass Pro Shop store just outside Altanta. it's was stupid big and looked like a blowfish it was so fat.

They probably buy the giant fish then stock their own pond

Tony M catches fish, brings them home and fattens them Up for a year in a tank and then submits them for prize $