New world record non typical

rob-c

Only one true fact is the Deer is dead and hopefully made some nice dinners for whomever got to and still is enjoying.People pay huge amounts of money to go to those states to hunt farm or wild that deer is a TROPHY......................

35 minutes ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

let's jut average that and say 15 miles. now look at the deer density across just our state on a county by county basis. take a 7.5 mile radius around all those data points that are bucks and see the over lap. Then look at this breeding area over the last 200 years. It's suck a melting pot there is no way to reach a determination. even if you could test the deer and site you would need a huge database to compare against to find anything out. 

Actually who give s a flying F. whether there is a new world record or not, whether there was cheating or not, my 2019 season will still be the same. lol

Exactly

WNY

We overlooked something it  says  only bucks migrate and only once in a life time and establish a permanent range in the area 

does don't move  far  so a big buck like that should have  offspring in the area that would show up on a DNA test .  He is going to have kids    in the area DNA will tell that , just another clue to give you a idea if it's a real wild deer .

Nothing is  going to be 100%

1 hour ago, Storm914 said:

That depends that study says some deer  go farther then others  in areas  so you would need a  bigger  DNA sample in certain areas  then others to  study then others 

Its complex but you could still get a idea if someone wanted to  and had the  resources to do it . 

That's just another tool a investigator could use to tell not going to be 100%  

1 hour ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

No you cant, its just not feasible to take samples from as may deer as you would need to within a 30-40 mile radius. Theres not just dispersal to think about, but some bucks will travel long distances in the rut. I have trail cam pics of a buck that was very easily identifiable on the farm I hunt in Honeoye NY, and he was killed on a property in West Sparta, NY that very season. Those two areas are 15-20 miles apart.

Take dispersal and then factor in deer traveling during the rut, and all of the genetic mixing that happens and the chances of ever matching at least 70% of bucks to where they were born would be so tiny that you may as well call it impossible, or at least improbable.

I can't believe he sucked you in:pleasantry:

deerpopcorn.gif

• Haha 1

Its complex but 

They don't have to  and you will get results  

Big Buck   move  establishes a home range  he may have  10 20 30 50 maybe more  kids half or more will be does that don't migrate far those does going to have his DNA

His grandkids his great-grand kids are going to have DNA from him his genetics will be in the area as a mature buck that has been there for a while 

You think they had DNA of every coyote in the north east 

To come up with these results 

https://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/yes-eastern-coyotes-are-hybrids-coywolf-not-thing/

Edited by Storm914

I know, me either.

So who is going to pay for all these tests and for what??? No matter if it's proven that it's a legit harvest there will still be the storms out there saying it's crooked. A typing example of why many record qualifying animals never get entered every year.

I know first hand and after having 1 record entry I would never do another one no matter what the score was.

Sent from my LGL58VL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, reeltime said:

So who is going to pay for all these tests and for what??? No matter if it's proven that it's a legit harvest there will still be the srpems out there saying it's crooked. A typing example of why many record qualifying animals never get entered every year.
I know first hand and after having 1 record entry I would never do another one no matter what the score was.

University's , fish and  game there are government Grant's they give out to scientists to research things all the time  also private corporations lots of ways to raise money .

Best way would be to have a DNA database of all the  farm deer  prize bucks in the country.  And test them  that   would convince me at least .

Because I don't see what's to stop someone from buying huge deer from a deer farm  trucking it in from a location shooting it and claiming  it was record wild buck ? 

University's , fish and  game there are government Grant's they give out to scientists to research things all the time  also private corporations lots of ways to raise money .
Best way would be to have a DNA database of all the  farm deer  prize bucks in the country.  And test them  that   would convince me at least .
Because I don't see what's to stop someone from buying huge deer from a deer farm  trucking it in from a location shooting it and claiming  it was record wild buck ? 

Is this a prize buck?382d74e429dbb685209368dff599ff57.jpg. Not in the deer world. 18effc3fc51baf23fb2c6bc0a08007d7.jpg. So you would never know if I put his son on the ground and claimed it killed in Ohio! Point being is your talking foolish shit here that not even possible. Now I Quit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

who gives a crap? really? I can think of about 2 million better uses of money than this. 

• Like 1

I think this wanting DNA to prove where the Deer was from is crazy.I myself hunt 3G that borders Connecticut so how would I know if the deer I killed was from another state?Also who cares where the deer was taken its a nice Buck I would bet that we have deer like that here in NY that are wild deer

Edited by Dom

18 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Is this a prize buck?382d74e429dbb685209368dff599ff57.jpg. Not in the deer world. 18effc3fc51baf23fb2c6bc0a08007d7.jpg. So you would never know if I put his son on the ground and claimed it killed in Ohio! Point being is your talking foolish shit here that not even possible. Now I Quit!

FSW 

I just think if they wanted to they could do a better job investigating if it's legit with DNA. Blood tests other  different tests on it  but what ever  , it is what it is .

O I will  just put  one more thing out there, they  can take ,  hair , bone samples of a animal and test it to see what it's diet was   when its was alive  also what drugs it took in life  such as antibiotics that they use on farms  and put in the feed .

Farm deer diet will be different then wild deers diet  .

That alone will tell you what it is more then likely. 

Edited by Storm914

3 hours ago, reeltime said:

So who is going to pay for all these tests and for what??? No matter if it's proven that it's a legit harvest there will still be the storms out there saying it's crooked. A typing example of why many record qualifying animals never get entered every year.

Youll probably never see me in the books either. I used to think Id enter a buck if I shot one that would qualify, but I changed my mind about it quite some time ago. I know some guys that have piles of book bucks hanging on their walls that they have taken and never entered any of them.

Youll probably never see me in the books either. I used to think Id enter a buck if I shot one that would qualify, but I changed my mind about it quite some time ago. I know some guys that have piles of book bucks hanging on their walls that they have taken and never entered any of them.

Technically they have zero book bucks until they are entered. “130” becomes 124” Net real quick and doesn’t qualify. Assuming you mean P&Y. Because there is nobody in this state with “piles” of Booners from NY. Might not even be anyone who has killed 5 booners in NY

Technically they have zero book bucks until they are entered. “130” becomes 124” Net real quick and doesn’t qualify. Assuming you mean P&Y. Because there is nobody in this state with “piles” of Booners from NY. Might not even be anyone who has killed 5 booners in NY

Nets are for Fishing. If they grow it they should get it. All of it.

• Like 3

Nets are for Fishing. If they grow it they should get it. All of it.

I agree with you 100%. I’m just stating the facts. You think anyone in NY has 5 Booners killed in NY? I certainly don’t.