New world record non typical

rob-c

8 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

Technically they have zero book bucks until they are entered. “130” becomes 124” Net real quick and doesn’t qualify. Assuming you mean P&Y. Because there is nobody in this state with “piles” of Booners from NY. Might not even be anyone who has killed 5 booners in NY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These are deer well over the 150, 160 marks. All wild, others well within NY book qualifications. A 130 isn’t a monster out here. 

• Like 1

Just now, Four Season Whitetail's said:

I know of just one myself. Be like hitting the lottery for sure.

For sure. I’ve screwed the pooch on a confirmed 160 and one that was 150s, killed the next season that was measured over 160 and those still hurt. 2 biggest wild bucks I’ve ever been in the presence of. 

I think there are several booners in the rail yard around the Galleria mall and also in Stiglemeier, Tifft, North Tonawanda, etc. So NY can absolutely produce them in good quantities. And all those deer have is age, not good food

And no stress !

37 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I feel like the 170” All-Time is the true booner, not the second tier 160” class. You agree?

Westchester County has got some of the biggest NY deer that have not been seen.Being archery only has made them possible to get to that size.I did alot of work at Pace and Briarcliff And have seen many huge bucks.So it is possible that there could be a record deer taken.NY is a huge state and to think we can't get a record deer is just nonesence.

If by some chance, I ever shot a true booner, it would never be entered in any book. And outside of family and a few friends, a few from here no doubt, no one would even know. I've killed my share of mature bucks (none even close to B&C) that were perhaps among the best deer on the property that particular year. And each one has a story. A story that I'm happy to remember myself, or with my hunting partner. Other than that, if you weren't there, then the story is kind of boring. And the number of inches on his head doesn't really matter. Cause it's just another deer.

Any deer I have ever killed, means more to me than anyone else. No matter how many inches of antler it had, or didn't have.

Also, I truly never feel any jealousy at all, towards any hunter that kills a beautiful buck by fair chase. I'm always all ears, if he wants to tell HIS story!  And I really love seeing the ones posted here each season, from the monster bucks to the spikes and doe. And reading the stories. 

Deer hunting to me, really is more than gross and net scores. So much more.

That being said, Congratulations to the young man and his World record non typical!!!  That is quite an honor to have killed the largest buck ever killed by a hunter!!!  Can't wait to hear THAT story!!!

• Like 5

when i get together with some buddies on our annual fishing or hunting get together - the best part is BSing and telling all the hunting stories whether they be big bucks or does.  Def one of the best parts about hunting.  My hunting buddy is lucky to get one deer a year but his stories are always priceless!!   Couldnt agree more Grampy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I feel like the 170” All-Time is the true booner, not the second tier 160” class. You agree?

eh, if its in the book its in the book, doesnt really matter to me. When I have ever referred to or thought about what a booner is, its 170+

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’ll take that bet. How much you wanna bet a NY deer doesn’t break this record?

I have  seen a 150 160  record size deer while hiking only once in my life  . In A place that does not allow hunting  I guess that explains why .

In my hunting areas never 

1 hour ago, Dom said:

Westchester County has got some of the biggest NY deer that have not been seen.Being archery only has made them possible to get to that size.I did alot of work at Pace and Briarcliff And have seen many huge bucks.So it is possible that there could be a record deer taken.NY is a huge state and to think we can't get a record deer is just nonesence.

The one true giant  I saw one time in my life  was in Westchester but in area that does not allow hunting .

Edited by Storm914

3 hours ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I think there are several booners in the rail yard around the Galleria mall and also in Stiglemeier, Tifft, North Tonawanda, etc. So NY can absolutely produce them in good quantities. And all those deer have is age, not good food

little for stress too. that helps.

i see now Biz actually said that. i guess i'm late for this thread.

Edited by dbHunterNY
  • Like 1