New world record non typical

rob-c

2 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Wrong again fool because my statement of seeing any 4-6's on here meant this very thread. Did you see any words written saying anything about this site? Again this thread is about big deer. You in the right place?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If someone hunting a area and they go 5 years with out getting a deer anything they get becomes the trophy really .

I think FSW

Is more or less  right 

Everyone likes a trophy 

Even If some don't want to admit it .

Wrong again fool because my statement of seeing any 4-6's on here meant this very thread. Did you see any words written saying anything about this site? Again this thread is about big deer. You in the right place?

Hahaha...my cousin uses the word “fool”....she’s 5 so you got some good company! Have fun!

Hahaha...my cousin uses the word “fool”....she’s 5 so you got some good company! Have fun!

If someone hunting a area and they go 5 years with out getting a deer anything they get becomes the trophy really .
I think FSW
Is more or less  right 
Everyone likes a trophy 

You two are made for each other!

• Like 1

I think FSW
Is more or less  right 
Everyone likes a trophy 

Yeah how many guys you know wake up at 4 in the morning with the hope of dropping a nice spike

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Yup that's why the deer world revolves around antlers. Just like this post right here. Do you see pic's of any of your little 4 and 6 pointers on here? Negative. All about the bone! And trust me. My livelihood will never be affected by some poll on a hunting site. My hood is affected by 200 inch whitetails. Well for the last 22 years anyways.

I am very thankful that NY state's rule-makers think otherwise and cater more towards us meat hunters.  My wife made button-buck stroganoff for dinner tonight and it was amazing.  So good in fact, that I will target a bb before his momma this season, if I get the chance and the choice.      

19 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

I think it's a little more complex then that in today's world 

Let me ask  you this could it be many are just being politically correct knowing that the none hunting public does not have a problem with meat hunting  and do not understand hunting for sport at all  or for the challenge of it . You go for the bigger older buck  for the challenge of it .

Meat a afterthought. 

I think if people would be honest it's not just the meat there after when they hunt . Hunting anything is  good time for people . It's in are DNA  really .

We do have some evidence shows meat means more than antlers to the majority of the members of this site (the 2:1 majority on the poll that I referenced above).  I agree with you that there is many other benefits to deer hunting.  What we are lacking is any evidence that shows antlers are more important than meat with the majority of the members of this site.    

Again this thread is about big deer. You in the right place?

I think he is. His 2018 archery buck has to be one of the top 5 archery bucks killed on the site I think. Top 10 at worst.

Just now, crappyice said:

You two are made for each other!

Only being truthful 

Let me ask you this if NY state only gave  1 tag its either sex  tag and 

2 deer walk out at same time  in front of you ones a doe the other is 150 class buck .

Now which one are you going to shoot ?

13 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Only being truthful 

2 deer walk out at same time  in front of you ones a doe the other is 150 class buck .

I will shoot the buck every time because doe fat sucks.  It is too bad they dont go back to making the DMP tags either sex, then I would probably not shoot another doe.  

Edited by wolc123

I think he is. His 2018 archery buck has to be one of the top 5 archery bucks killed on the site I think. Top 10 at worst.

Now see what you did. That proves I would NEVER hunt for ANYthing but big bucks like EVERYONE ELSE.
That buck has turned out to be a hassle...$600 to mount(still waiting), need to negotiate a spot with mrs crappy, stormy set up a tracker in my IP address (that’s a joke!)...I’m gonna WOLC up those woods next season!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

Now see what you did. That proves I would NEVER hunt for ANYthing but big bucks like EVERYONE ELSE.
That buck has turned out to be a hassle...$600 to mount(still waiting), need to negotiate a spot with mrs crappy, stormy set up a tracker in my IP address (that’s a joke!)...I’m gonna WOLC up those woods next season!!!

It's much easier to buy meat in a store then hunt ,

That is all I'm saying  so I find it hard to believe most people are hunting just for meat .

And you could have done a European mount yourself  and saved the bucks  .

11 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

I guess it depends on how bad you need food , 

Right you are.  In order to avoid store-bought/farm-raised meat, my family needs (4) average sized deer to get through a year.  Since NY only gives out (2) buck tags,  (2) of those usually need to be antlerless.     

• Like 1

Only being truthful 

I would take the buck...My dog likes to chew the antlers so he can have some fun too. AND I look forward to the two extra hanging snacks that a doe just doesn’t provide!

Had to go back and take a look. Decent buck for sure but....Best buck ever? Let's not climb to high up on that horse just yet. But yes maybe Wolc could be the name you relate with.

14 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

And with a bow!!! That trumps a 308 or any gun for that matter from long distance 

• Like 1

It's much easier to buy meat in a store then hunt ,
That is all I'm saying  so I find it hard to believe most people are hunting just for meat .
And you could have done a European mount yourself  and saved the bucks  .

I hunt for the experience of hunting which cannot be felt in a grocery store. What presents as a legal opportunity comes home for the freezer (second reason I hunt)...bone is third on my list which is difficult for some bone-heads to believe

• Like 2

I will shoot the buck every time because doe fat sucks.  It is too bad they dont go back to making the DMP tags either sex, then I would probably not shoot another doe.  

Yup this post shows how distorted you really are. 150 inch buck would be mature and remember you are always the guy that says older deer taste like shit. Typical!

I hunt for the experience of hunting which cannot be felt in a grocery store. What presents as a legal opportunity comes home for the freezer (second reason I hunt)...bone is third on my list which is difficult for some bone-heads to believe

Yet you let the nice doe walk before you Shot the buck! Yeah Ok. That sounds like meat first to me.

Had to go back and take a look. Decent buck for sure but....Best buck ever? Let's not climb to high up on that horse just yet. But yes maybe Wolc could be the name you relate with.

I think I said that would be MY best buck ever. I do not expect to happen upon a deer like that again. I don’t own or manage the land where that deer was harvested. Nor do I have the desire, time or $$$ to manage land to make monsters.

1 minute ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Yup this post shows how distorted you really are. 150 inch buck would be mature and remember you are always the guy that says older deer taste like shit. Typical!

Because subconsciously he really just wants the rack like everyone else would do on here if they would be honest and were presented with that scenario..

12 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

You have me confused with someone else.  What I have always said is: 6 month old bucks are in a class by themselves (much more tender than anything older, and better flavored).  I can not tell the difference in texture or flavor of 1.5, 2.5, or 3.5 bucks, provided the meat is properly aged prior to freezing.   My experience is limited in bucks older than that, but the bodies of wild deer don't get much bigger after 3.5 so why bother ?