New world record non typical

rob-c

Because subconsciously he really just wants the rack like everyone else would do on here if they would be honest and were presented with that scenario..

No your wrong on that one in a way because those that are lucky enough to kill that 150 also gets a hell of a lot more meat along with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yet you let the nice doe walk before you Shot the buck! Yeah Ok. That sounds like meat first to me.

Do bucks not have meat? And if he’s a 150 in my area he would be well over 200 pounds....never seen a doe that big. And if I killed a big buck I would feel more like a man!!! Haha

No your wrong on that one in a way because those that are lucky enough to kill that 150 also gets a hell of a lot more meat along with it.

Hey buddy!!!! We wrote the same thing!!!!
But before you used that as reasoning for me not being a meat hunter first! Ooops!

Do bucks not have meat? And if he’s a 150 in my area he would be well over 200 pounds....never seen a doe that big. And if I killed a big buck I would feel more like a man!!! Haha

Yeah Ok. You just proved you are full of it. You say your in it for meat yet you let a doe walk 5 minutes into the hunt. Bullish!t.

11 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Inches of antlers does not always translate to pounds of meat. 

2 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Let's say in my scenario they're the same size just for argument sake he's still shooting the buck.

Hey buddy!!!! We wrote the same thing!!!!
But before you used that as reasoning for me not being a meat hunter first! Ooops!

Problem is you said you were a meat hunter FIRST before a rack! You let the meat walk 5 minutes into a hunt! Why? Because you were praying for a rack to show up and you were lucky enough that it did! Your post on the harvest thread proves everything that I said. Hunters want Racks and when that does not happen they take what they can. Period.

14 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Let's say in my scenario they're the same size just for argument sake he's still shooting the buck.

If they are the same size, it still makes more sense for the meat hunter to not shoot the doe, because they always have a higher percentage of fat and deer fat tastes like crap.  

Edited by wolc123

Inches of antlers does not always translate to pounds of meat. 

Agreed but in my parts there seems to be some connection. The 9 I shot this years was estimated 223 live weight, my buddy took 2 other big ones from the same TREE in years past all over 200 pounds...other bucks we have seen are noticeably smaller and carrying less bone

Problem is you said you were a meat hunter FIRST before a rack! You let the meat walk 5 minutes into a hunt! Why? Because you were praying for a rack to show up and you were lucky enough that it did! Your post on the harvest thread proves everything that I said. Hunters want Racks and when that does not happen they take what they can. Period.

I’ve passed on lots of deer (bucks and does) for lots of reasons one of which you will never understand. And as a result of me passing on a doe (no idea the shot, scenario, the angle, the size of the doe, etc) YOU know why I ALWAYS do what I do and why I hunt what I hunt.

If you really want to “win” this against me, you should be calling me out on SHED HUNTING!!!! No food there(for me!) and it’s all about the bone!!! And yet, you’d be wrong again....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crappyice said:

Agreed but in my parts there seems to be some connection. The 9 I shot this years was estimated 223 live weight, my buddy took 2 other big ones from the same TREE in years past all over 200 pounds...other bucks we have seen are noticeably smaller and carrying less bone

There are always exceptions.  My buddy killed one of the largest antlered bucks in the state a few years ago (he got a free full-body mount of it).  That same year, I killed a busted-up 2.5 year old (5 point that was an 8-point before losing a few tines in fights), with a body that dwarfed his "close to 200 inch" buck.   He would have a far more impressive trophy in his family room today, if he would have asked the taxidermist to mount that rack on my buck's body.         

• Like 1

I’ve passed on lots of deer (bucks and does) for lots of reasons one of which you will never understand. And as a result of me passing on a doe (no idea the shot, scenario, the angle, the size of the doe, etc) YOU know why I ALWAYS do what I do and why I hunt what I hunt.

If you really want to “win” this against me, you should be calling me out on SHED HUNTING!!!! No food there(for me!) and it’s all about the bone!!! And yet, you’d be wrong again....

I don't have to be worried about being right when I have guys like you that Prove I am. You say your a Meat hunter yet you write the words...... I was REWARDED for letting a doe walk after only 5 minutes into the stand. You LETTING the doe go tells us all about the shot angles. You sound like a perfect example of the hunter I speak of. Right along with the other 99.9%.

11 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

I don't have to be worried about being right when I have guys like you that Prove I am. You say your a Meat hunter yet you write the words...... I was REWARDED for letting a doe walk after only 5 minutes into the stand. You LETTING the doe go tells us all about the shot angles. You sound like a perfect example of the hunter I speak of. Right along with the other 99.9%.

Is it not OK to wait for a larger deer to come in range ? Even another doe ? You seem to be hung up on size ,you trying to compensate for something ?

• Like 2

Are you saying that I don’t think it is an accomplishment? That I am not proud of that buck? It was absolutely a reward to kill a big buck...it just doesn’t define me as it does you.
if I am proud and think it an accomplishment can I not a meat hunter at heart?

Do you know who else I hunt with on that property and what our rules are for each other on this property? What the land owner’s wishes are?

To borrow a line from CaddyShack (AGAIN-since we’ve had this conversation before)
Judge: How do you measure yourself against other golfers(hunters in our case) if you don’t keep score?
Tye: By height.

• Like 1

Is it not OK to wait for a larger deer to come in range ? Even another doe ? You seem to be hung up on size ,you trying to compensate for something ?

A meat hunter is going to take the first legal meat that walks by. A meat hunter is not hunting to pick and choose. He said he was rewarded for letting that doe walk. And he was rewarded with the antlers he went out there looking to kill. To add that 2 of his buddies killed bigger bucks in the very tree he chose to sit in tells the whole story. One can try and spin it any way they like but at the end it all comes back to the same Thing. Antlers. If you have not noticed. Everything in my world is Large.

1 minute ago, crappyice said:

Are you saying that I don’t think it is an accomplishment? That I am not proud of that buck? It was absolutely a reward to kill a big buck...it just doesn’t define me as it does you.
if I am proud and think it an accomplishment can I not a meat hunter at heart?

Do you know who else I hunt with on that property and what our rules are for each other on this property? What the land owner’s wishes are?

To borrow a line from CaddyShack (AGAIN-since we’ve had this conversation before)
Judge: How do you measure yourself against other golfers(hunters in our case) if you don’t keep score?
Tye: By height.

I don't know you never did say what town you shot that deer in btw 

Or what about how many acres this place is .

Why would you care if we know  that  if it's only meat you are after small deer are all over the place anyway .

Not to mention unless you say a exact street address nobody here will ever find it anyway . 

8 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

A meat hunter is going to take the first legal meat that walks by. A meat hunter is not hunting to pick and choose. He said he was rewarded for letting that doe walk. And he was rewarded with the antlers he went out there looking to kill. To add that 2 of his buddies killed bigger bucks in the very tree he chose to sit in tells the whole story. One can try and spin it any way they like but at the end it all comes back to the same Thing. Antlers. If you have not noticed. Everything in my world is Large.

I disagree , even meat hunters can be selective of the size of the deer . A meat only hunter would shoot the biggest bodied deer they can , someone who has very limited time available to hunt should shoot the first they have a chance at. 

I don't know you never did say what town you shot that deer in btw 
Or what about how many acres this place is .

Why would you care if we know  that  if it's only meat you are after small deer are all over the place anyway .
Not to mention unless you say a exact street address nobody here will ever find it anyway . 

You don’t need to worry about it. It is out of your comfort range, off a really windy parkway and the hunting really heats up at last legal light. I drive home in the dark!?!?

Keeping walking those hiking trails...you’ll be fine.

• Haha 1

I disagree , even meat hunters can be selective of the size of the deer . A meat only hunter would shoot the biggest bodied deer they can , someone who has very limited time available to hunt should shoot the first they have a chance at. 

Yeah most guys going out meat hunting let that first nice doe walk on by with that tag still in their pocket with the hope that they are lucky enough to see another. Whatever. Sssssspin!

You are not allowed to disagree!!! He knows how I think!
Grampy said it right a while back, but since I’m bored this is an easy group to play with.