New world record non typical

rob-c

1 minute ago, grampy said:

Nope....not everyone.

"If".... NY passed a law this spring, banning the shooting of ANY buck. I'd still look forward to opening day just as much. Would still spend just as much time and money in preparation. Would take the same amount of vacation days to hunt. My alarm would still go off at 3:30am on hunt mornings. Would still anticipate, and enjoy hunting, with friends and family. The sights and smells of the deer woods would be just as spectacular.

It's the HUNTING, that gets my gears going! Not what I kill. 

Count me among the 99.9 percent please.

You would have all the room you would need thats for sure.

so when you took your kids was it a waste of time when they didnt get a booner?  
and gald you have good hunting areas to be in and find those big bucks. And i am in no way reffering to the penned ones - i have no doubts you hunt and i am serious about that. 
But did you have a good time while hunting wiht your kids or was it all about the antlers ? 
Its always a good time whenever we hunt regardless of what we hunt. They choose on what they kill and when. But they still are like everyone else and plant food plots to kill big deer and run trail cams to find and locate big deer. Some years they kill smaller deer but just like everyone else sitting around the camp table their thoughts are that they are lucky enough to kill the biggest buck at camp in the morning. Right along with everyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its always a good time whenever we hunt regardless of what we hunt. They choose on what they kill and when. But they still are like everyone else and plant food plots to kill big deer and run trail cams to find and locate big deer. Some years they kill smaller deer but just like everyone else sitting around the camp table their thoughts are that they are lucky enough to kill the biggest buck at camp in the morning. Right along with everyone else.

Pretty civil post! Right up until that word “EVERYone” crept in. Stop thinking/talking for others and we all can just get along

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

True that................But you also had every hope in the world that you killed the biggest and would win it. Fact!  

My point proven to the max!

Well you see it wasn't a big buck contest either. So the person that won didn't get the biggest buck but had the best year.  So again it wasn't about the biggest buck or most antlers.  It was about the best year. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

See so I guess you aren't all about the antlers as you say.    It is hard to admit when you are wrong. But am glad to see you can do it. 

43 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

So do they come back to camp if they don't get the big buck.  I mean why bother if they don't get a big one.  I am sure they prob come back for your encapsulating personality but still. Must be they had fun even without the antlers.  Guess they can be counted for our 99 percent

53 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

What you are saying is partially true , but the guys that really just want the big ass  trophy 

Those find themselves on those game farms .

I think most everyone else is out there having a good time enjoying the outdoors .I will say it again they just like hunting !!!

Sure everyone fantasizes about that big one  Just human nature .

Doesn't mean they are willing to spend $$$$ to hunt one on a game ranch  if that is  what you think .

You deal with the fanatics. 

What you are saying is partially true , but the guys that really just want the big ass  trophy 
Those find themselves on those game farms .
I think most everyone else is out there having a good time enjoying the outdoors .I will say it again they just like hunting !!!
Sure everyone fantasizes about that big one  Just human nature .
Doesn't mean they are willing to spend $$$$ to hunt one on a game ranch  if that is  what you think .
You deal with the fanatics. 

Wrong! When you start showing me hunting products with pics of little bucks on them you may have a point. When you start showing me write ups and interests in the hunting Would of the baby bucks you may have a point. When you start showing me hunters walls full of mounted basket racked yearlings you may have a point. When guys on this site start showing the little 4's and 6's pics on their trail cams with the words behind it.... I hope I run into this guy in the morning you may have a point. Everything from seed to hunting products are all geared to the big buck and all the hunters that chase them. All the little bucks killed are a by product of the hunter that could not/ did not get the bigger buck they were wishing would walk out every morning. Fact!

Wrong! When you start showing me hunting products with pics of little bucks on them you may have a point. When you start showing me write ups and interests in the hunting Would of the baby bucks you may have a point. When you start showing me hunters walls full of mounted basket racked yearlings you may have a point. When guys on this site start showing the little 4's and 6's pics on their trail cams with the words behind it.... I hope I run into this guy in the morning you may have a point. Everything from seed to hunting products are all geared to the big buck and all the hunters that chase them. All the little bucks killed are a by product of the hunter that could not/ did not get the bigger buck they were wishing would walk out every morning. Fact!

Uh oh...are you two splitting up and on Valentines Day?!?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Fact is there are more articles about hunting and tactics than big bucks. 

And the fact that you just admitted to like to hunt for reasons other than antlers. 

So I think you should celebrate that you can admit hunting is fun and meat is important.

Maybe to celebrate you can eat balz with Wolc. 

2 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Ok you win 

But not everyone is buying all that shit  are they ?

A gun a bullet is all you really need   and a place to hunt which in this state we are lucky there is plenty of public land areas to choose from .

Fact is there are more articles about hunting and tactics than big bucks. 
And the fact that you just admitted to like to hunt for reasons other than antlers. 
So I think you should celebrate that you can admit hunting is fun and meat is important.
Maybe to celebrate you can eat balz with Wolc. 

Yeah and right along with those articles are a picture of a big buck. The article is all about tips and tactics to kill that next big buck. Not a lot of need for a write up of how to kill does and baby bucks that's for sure.

Ok you win 
But not everyone is buying all that shit  are they ?
A gun a bullet is all you really need   and a place to hunt which in this state we are lucky there is plenty of public land areas to choose from .

Nah nobody is buying those shelves full of hunting stuff off those shelves. They just display them and send them all back after hunting season. You know there is a reason deer hunting brings in millions and millions in revenue every year. It's not that old Winchester 30-30 and Bullet

6 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Nah nobody is buying those shelves full of hunting stuff off those shelves. They just display them and send them all back after hunting season. You know there is a reason deer hunting brings in millions and millions in revenue every year. It's not that old Winchester 30-30 and Bullet

I think most that marketing  is targeted at the new hunters. .

Edited by Storm914

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

Well you see it wasn't a big buck contest either. So the person that won didn't get the biggest buck but had the best year.  So again it wasn't about the biggest buck or most antlers.  It was about the best year. 

who or what determines who had the best year??

Just now, Four Season Whitetail's said:

In this case it's the guy that kills two bucks with the most points. Biggest! All others are givin the same amount

Guy with the two biggest bucks wouldnt have won had to take some does to win - thus the best year- not the "biggest buck" as you stated.

Guy with the two biggest bucks wouldnt have won had to take some does to win - thus the best year- not the "biggest buck" as you stated.

Yes for most it sure would. 2 does are a givin for many of us and are givin the same score. Two bucks are no problem and givin the same score until the points are added In. So yes it would take the biggest two bucks with the most points on their rack.