New world record non typical

rob-c

I’ve personally witnessed Sodfather kill a buck.
I’ve never personally witness FSW kill a buck.

Based on my research, the score is 1-0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biz the problem there is that that would entail you to hunt more than a couple times a month. Those keepers don't have a schedule.

7 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

No problem, I love it when folks come out of the woodwork with personal attacks.  You just never can have too many on your prayer list.   

Don’t act like you weren’t taking a shot when you “apologized” that the big buck he was hunting was shot.   That’s all it was Wolc.  A passive aggressive shot.  And you should know better. See it time and time again from you and hypocrites aren’t good representatives.  Think hard about it.   

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, moog5050 said:

Don’t act like you weren’t taking a shot when you “apologized” that the big buck he was hunting was shot.   That’s all it was Wolc.  A passive aggressive shot.  And you should know better. See it time and time again from you and hypocrites aren’t good representatives.  Think hard about it.   

I was not "taking a shot" .  He acted a little bit upset last fall when I mentioned it in the "live" thread.   NO worries though, that buck ended up in a good place and went to a good friend who really deserved it.  He was also nice enough to provide my family with our first doe fawn last season.  She was pretty tasty but I still prefer the button bucks.   Same taste, same texture, but a lot bigger.             

Edited by wolc123

I was not "taking a shot" .  He acted a little bit upset last fall when I mentioned it in the "live" thread.   NO worries though, that buck ended up in a good place and went to a good friend who really deserved it.  He was also nice enough to provide my family with our first doe fawn last season.  She was pretty tasty but I still prefer the button bucks.   Same taste, same texture, but a lot bigger.             
Take it way back, when I was saying the same things about you. I don't care that you act like a goober, or call people out, or that your passive aggressive..... you profess things but do not follow through....like Moog said. Think about it.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Hmmm wise was one of the adjectives too.   I did listen to a 150yd range call.  Look what that got me (pic of empty hands here).  But you are the best!
For the record, I said 150 ISH. Ish is a widely used term and I feel comfortable that my ish was spot on. But, because I value your spots, I mean your fellowship, I'll turn the other cheek and continue to hunt with you

As long as the dogs keep coming from my side.

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

Those BB's also provide the tasty fried balls you crave.

1 hour ago, wolc123 said:

Wolc I wasn’t upset of course I was disappointed. I seen that deer last year once never got a shot. Also had pics of him all summer. I was bummed when you posted that pick and even PM’d you to confirm it being the same buck. So I didn’t hunt that land the rest of the year and hunted my lease. No big deal. I wasn’t pissed just moved on to the next deer. 

Edited by sodfather
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, sodfather said:

Wolc I wasn’t upset of course I was disappointed. I seen that deer last year once never got a shot. Also had pics of him all summer. I was bummed when you posted that pick and even PM’d you to confirm it being the same buck. So I didn’t hunt that land the rest of the year and hunted my lease. No big deal. I wasn’t pissed just moved on to the next deer. 

I never saw that buck while it was alive, but he has trail cam pictures of it on property adjacent to our farm on the west, east, and south.  Oddly enough, it was killed directly across the street (to the north), where he had no prior trail-cam photos.  He also had trail cam pictures of it the year prior, when the rack looked to be almost exactly the same size.  I will have to asked him how it tastes.  I suppose it would be ok, so long as the carcass was aged long enough prior to freezing.  I am guessing it was 5-1/2 years old.   FSW can probably comment on how those old ones taste.  My experience in that area is somewhat limited.  The 3-1/2's that we have been eating the last two years have been very good though.  

Edited by wolc123

12 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

I never saw that buck while it was alive, but he has trail cam pictures of it on property adjacent to our farm on the west, east, and south.  Oddly enough, it was killed directly across the street (to the north), where he had no prior trail-cam photos.  He also had trail cam pictures of it the year prior, when the rack looked to be almost exactly the same size.  I will have to asked him how it tastes.  I suppose it would be ok, so long as the carcass was aged long enough prior to freezing.  I am guessing it was 5-1/2 years old.   FSW can probably comment on how those old ones taste.  My experience in that area is somewhat limited.  The 3-1/2's that we have been eating the last two years have been very good though.  

Not surprised my property is only 40 acres and he would use it to travel through but I seriously doubt that deer was 5 1/2 especially in Clarence with all the cowboys out there 

12 minutes ago, sodfather said:

Not surprised my property is only 40 acres and he would use it to travel through but I seriously doubt that deer was 5 1/2 especially in Clarence with all the cowboys out there 

I will see if he saved the lower jaw and we can send it to FSW to find out for sure.  Looking at the photos from 2 years ago, 5-1/2 seems like a reasonable guess for last year.  

2 hours ago, TreeGuy said:

Take it way back, when I was saying the same things about you. I don't care that you act like a goober, or call people out, or that your passive aggressive..... you profess things but do not follow through....like Moog said. Think about it.

Not sure what you are talking about.  I remember you offered me a scale once.   I did put one on a friend's  scale last year and learned that the PA chest girth chart was actually very conservative in it's weight predictions.  Now that I have established a proper zone 9F "adjustment factor", I have no need to put another locally killed buck on a scale.     

Back on the subject of big antlers, did that one you were chasing last season survive ?

Edited by wolc123

Not sure what you are talking about.  I remember you offered me a scale once.   I did put one on a friend's  scale last year and learned that the PA chest girth chart was actually very conservative in it's weight predictions.  Now that I have established a proper zone 9F "adjustment factor", I have no need to put another locally killed buck on a scale.     
Back on the subject of big antlers, did that one you were chasing last season survive ?

I tricked you on the 3N adjustment factor though. #NeverForget

14 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Biz the problem there is that that would entail you to hunt more than a couple times a month. Those keepers don't have a schedule.

The man works and has other interests, same as the majority of hunters. I know Im not willing to spend the time necessary to consistently kill big deer because I'd rather fish, hunt small game, archery, play golf etc. And that stuff all takes a backseat to a minimum of 15 weekends of my kids' activities. So I hunt deer as much as I can and am thrilled with whatever I kill. Every few years its a nice mature buck, most years it isnt and you will never hear me complain.

But to respond to your main point: Yes, every time I get in a stand I'm hoping to kill the biggest buck in the woods, no question

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, crappyice said:

You mean it “IDENTIFIES AS” a doe? That’s different!

Yes been trying to do my research.Killed in Kansas.I found it by looking at other records of record white tails.I am a dummy when trying to post links to the information.

• Like 1

The man works and has other interests, same as the majority of hunters. I know Im not willing to spend the time necessary to consistently kill big deer because I'd rather fish, hunt small game, archery, play golf etc. And that stuff all takes a backseat to a minimum of 15 weekends of my kids' activities. So I hunt deer as much as I can and am thrilled with whatever I kill. Every few years its a nice mature buck, most years it isnt and you will never hear me complain.

But to respond to your main point: Yes, every time I get in a stand I'm hoping to kill the biggest buck in the woods, no question

First paragraph——Yes!!!

Second paragraph...question(no judgements!)
If you harvest your bucks(assuming two for the tags you have- 1st day of bow and then 1st day of gun) will you continue to hunt that season? Will TWO successful days afield satiate your need to be in the woods?