New world record non typical

rob-c

You're obsessed with antlers and have a business that caters to hunters obsessed with antlers.  I get it.  Your passion for antlers is clear for all to see and I find that admirable.  Successful people usually don't get that way by accident.  It takes passion and committment.
However, 26 pages into this thing and I am equally amazed that you cannot see or respect another hunters point of view.  We aren't all as obsessed with antlers as you are.  Moog has tried to convey that to no avail.  Personally, the hunt itself is why I'm out there; harvest or not.  I enjoy the brotherhood of hunting with friends and sharing in the harvest any of us is fortunate to make.  We don't drop the deer off with a butcher, we process those deer together from start to finish, making use of as much meat as possible.  Then, over the coming months, we'll enjoy fires, some beers and the many tasty varieties of that venison.  No one cares who shot what.  All of the stories are about the hunts themselves.  

Lol. The fact I know is Moog located, tracked and set up to kill a big antlered deer. He was on a mission to kill the big deer he wanted. If moog could give to shits about antlers he would walk in the woods, sit down, enjoy all the lovely things us hunters enjoy and let the air out of the first legal antlered deer he saw. Hunt Over. He did none of that. He took all his time to find a big antlered deer and did his homework on that big antlered deer and killed the friggin thing. Not by accident He Hunted it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Nobody ever once said,,,only reason to hunt. I said antlers are the biggest driver in the hunting world and that's a fact. I said hunters wake up every morning just praying the biggest beast walks past. That's a fact. Bone drives the hunting world. Period.

Consider that it's a big world out there and hunters pray for much more than the biggest rack to present itself.  In fact, I actually do say a prayer before each hunt and the ONLY thing I pray for is to make a clean harvest to honor the deer's sacrifice.

It's sad to think how many hunters consider their season a complete failure if they didn't harvest a beast of a  200"+ mature buck.  I'd guess that leaves over 99% of the hunters pretty miserable each year.

31 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

I said antlers are the biggest driver in the hunting world and that's a fact. I said hunters wake up every morning just praying the biggest beast walks past

Regardless of what you believe I personally hunt because I enjoy hunting and being in the woods especially the month of October. I never go to the woods with the expectation of seeing or shooting a wall hanger. If it happens great. If not I have still enjoyed a lot of days in the woods without even seeing a deer.

2 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Lol. The fact I know is Moog located, tracked and set up to kill a big antlered deer. He was on a mission to kill the big deer he wanted. If moog could give to shits about antlers he would walk in the woods, sit down, enjoy all the lovely things us hunters enjoy and let the air out of the first legal antlered deer he saw. Hunt Over. He did none of that. He took all his time to find a big antlered deer and did his homework on that big antlered deer and killed the friggin thing. Not by accident He Hunted it!!!

Nobody said moog doesn’t care .... moog said he likes targeting bigger bucks but it’s not what drives him to hunt.  If it was, He would have quit at that point but he didn’t.  

I know it’s a fact because moog told me.  Lol

i quit!   You refuse to understand.  And I don’t like speaking about myself in the third person. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jdubs said:

You're obsessed with antlers and have a business that caters to hunters obsessed with antlers.  I get it.  Your passion for antlers is clear for all to see and I find that admirable.  Successful people usually don't get that way by accident.  It takes passion and committment.

However, 26 pages into this thing and I am equally amazed that you cannot see or respect another hunters point of view.  We aren't all as obsessed with antlers as you are.  Moog has tried to convey that to no avail.  Personally, the hunt itself is why I'm out there; harvest or not.  I enjoy the brotherhood of hunting with friends and sharing in the harvest any of us is fortunate to make.  We don't drop the deer off with a butcher, we process those deer together from start to finish, making use of as much meat as possible.  Then, over the coming months, we'll enjoy fires, some beers and the many tasty varieties of that venison.  No one cares who shot what.  All of the stories are about the hunts themselves.  

Moog!  cmon man i spent at least 10 pages trying to do that - gimme some credit!  lol   Kidding - Moog stated it very well as did you and Sod and TC and Crappy and others.   Its just not gonna get thru. I just got real tired of seeing this dude piss in everyones cornflakes on every thread.  I hope i at least helped entertain some people too and apologize if I didnt. 

Never a good word but plain poison on all.  I dont really understand why he is on here at all cause apparently we are all stupid and our thoughts mean nothing and he doesnt seem to even like a single person - so why would he bother is beyond me.  But he is def the guy that needs a trophy to participate i guess.  I let him carry on,there is certainly zero self awareness there which is a shame cause i bet he COULD be a real place of knowledge if he took the time to not be such a dick.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Regardless of what you believe I personally hunt because I enjoy hunting and being in the woods especially the month of October. I never go to the woods with the expectation of seeing or shooting a wall hanger. If it happens great. If not I have still enjoyed a lot of days in the woods without even seeing a deer.

Again it's not just what I believe. It's a proven fact in every facet of deer hunting. Show me all those little bucks all the stories are wrote about. Or on every product sold. Or trail cam's with pics of little bucks and the hunter saying.., Hope I see this dude in the morning? Can't Do It!

Moog!  cmon man i spent at least 10 pages trying to do that - gimme some credit!  lol   Kidding - Moog stated it very well as did you and Sod and TC and Crappy and others.   Its just not gonna get thru. I just got real tired of seeing this dude piss in everyones cornflakes on every thread.  I hope i at least helped entertain some people too and apologize if I didnt. 
Never a good word but plain poison on all.  I dont really understand why he is on here at all cause apparently we are all stupid and our thoughts mean nothing and he doesnt seem to even like a single person - so why would he bother is beyond me.  But he is def the guy that needs a trophy to participate i guess.  I let him carry on,there is certainly zero self awareness there which is a shame cause i bet he COULD be a real place of knowledge if he took the time to not be such a dick.

You didn't do jack shit. All you give is opinion and I give 100% fact. Moog just happened to be the guy that drove the point home.

8 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Again it's not just what I believe. It's a proven fact in every facet of deer hunting. Show me all those little bucks all the stories are wrote about. Or on every product sold. Or trail cam's with pics of little bucks and the hunter saying.., Hope I see this dude in the morning? Can't Do It!

Oh I agree that big antlers are what the commercial whitetail hunting industry caters too.   And I agree that it’s a motivating factor for many when it comes to hunting, including me.  I would not sit in crap weather or do so much preseason work if I was only shooting does.   But I would still hunt.  So it’s not THE DRIVING FORCE, but it is a driving force among others for me any many others I suspect.  I will grant you that FSW.  You just seem to fail to acknowledge that there are other driving forces.  So be it.  

Edited by moog5050

I like deer meat, I like deer antlers, I like deer hunting.  I don't know or care about the order.

Buuuut I know my father doesnt give a sh*t about antlers.  If he shoots a buck he cuts off the antlers to give to me to use.   Same goes for sheds he finds.  Is he not a hunter?  Or is a hunter that disproves  FSWs fact?

• Like 4

Oh I agree that big antlers are what the commercial whitetail hunting industry caters too.   And I agree that it’s a motivating factor for many when it comes to hunting, including me.  I would not sit in crap weather or do so much preseason work if I was only shooting does.   But I would still hunt.  So it’s not THE DRIVING FORCE, but it is a driving force among others for me any many others I suspect.  I will grant you that FSW.  You just seem to fail to acknowledge that there are other driving forces.  So be it.  

Exactly. It's the antlers that drive you to do most everything you do except go sit in the woods. Why would you go sit in shit weather for a big buck and not a big doe?

15 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

It's a proven fact in every facet of deer hunting. Show me all those little bucks all the stories are wrote about. Or on every product sold. Or trail

BS.... What is a proven fact is that I can go deer hunting or any other type of hunting, never see or harvest a thing and still enjoy the day. I think it is called a love for the outdoors.:gamer:

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

What comment ? Those are not does or spikes I see in your examples are they ?

Was just a observation .

Up to you to decide why it's like that .

I read what you were saying as they only include Good bucks and not putting in those "non shooters"  or inferior animals. my bad. 

12 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Exactly. It's the antlers that drive you to do most everything you do except go sit in the woods. Why would you go sit in shit weather for a big buck and not a big doe?

If you believe nothing else, trust me when I tell you that “antlers DONT drive me to do most everything I do.”   That would be a sad sad life for sure.  

20 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

You didn't do jack shit. All you give is opinion and I give 100% fact. Moog just happened to be the guy that drove the point home.

its just funny at this point your like a cartoon character to me now.  No one here has agreed with your "facts'  .  Like i said the facts that come out of your smell a lot like shit to the rest of us. And i am currently bidding on this https://www.ebay.com/itm/152-Whitetail-Deer-Rack-Shed-Antlers-Horns-Taxidermy-Buck-Mount-Log-Cabin-Decor-/192826328044 and its all the way up to $5.50.  I will send this to you so you dont have to go out in the rain and hunt this year.  Why hunt ???  youll have your antlers.  

and i am sorry again the bigger picture is missed by you that all you do is dump on folks here.  Is there anyone on this site that is your peer or that you might have some respect for?  it doesnt seem you like any us much but yet you stick around. Is there like free shrimp i am missing or something......

15 minutes ago, johnplav said:

Buuuut I know my father doesnt give a sh*t about antlers.  If he shoots a buck he cuts off the antlers to give to me to use.   Same goes for sheds he finds.  Is he not a hunter?  Or is a hunter that disproves  FSWs fact?

Lots of hunters around that will disprove the many BS facts that FSW claims to have.  He just wishes that all of us would be the antler worshipers that he claims all hunters are.  Would probably be beneficial to his business if we all were.  Maybe that's the only real FACT around here?

If you believe nothing else, trust me when I tell you that “antlers DONT drive me to do most everything I do.”   That would be a sad sad life for sure.  

That's not much of an answer to the question...I will sit in crap weather for a big antlered buck but not the same sized big doe? I know the real answer because I would be the same exact way. Take the antlers out of the picture and the whole game changes.

24 minutes ago, Steve D said:

BS.... What is a proven fact is that I can go deer hunting or any other type of hunting, never see or harvest a thing and still enjoy the day. I think it is called a love for the outdoors.:gamer:

I think everyone is a little different some guys may like to get a big  buck. But there not going to go out and buy 1000 acre ranch to do it or drive 100 miles to do it or buy the latest gizmo that claims  it will get you one to do it. Or buy 20 trail cams do to it .

Not everyone's a fanatic just  like any other sport or hobby there are degrees to how much people will get into it .

Edited by Storm914

Lots of hunters around that will disprove the many BS facts that FSW claims to have.  He just wishes that all of us would be the antler worshipers that he claims all hunters are.  Would probably be beneficial to his business if we all were.  Maybe that's the only real FACT around here?

Can't believe you even keep coming back to threads that involve the subject of big antlers. Would one not have to have some experience on the subject? My business is just a huge representative of today's hunting world. And business is booming thanks.

1 minute ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Can't believe you even keep coming back to threads that involve the subject of big antlers. Would one not have to have some experience on the subject? My business is just a huge representative of today's hunting world. And business is booming thanks.

Am I allowed to come back to tell you that you are full of $#!+??   One don't need much experience with antlers to know that.  All they need to know is how to read.  LOL

17 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Here are some FACTS for ya..........

Most hunters would like to see or shoot a big buck while deer hunting.

Most hunters don't mind if they don't kill anything on a given hunt. Much more to hunting than killing.

Most hunters would still be out hunting, even if they couldn't shoot a buck.

Hunting is something different for every individual. Not a one size fits all.

Sometimes intelligent people, have not a clue. As they refuse to listen.

Some self proclaimed deer expert and his know nothing, stormy little yap dog, are really annoying.

Some people really are totally blinded by their own misguided sense of self worth. 

The self proclaimed expert just loves to argue a point. That after a while loses all meaning, to anyone but himself.

That FSW will come back with a snarky remark to this post, while I laugh my ass off. And feel sadness for his sorry ass.

Those are some facts as grampy see's them.

And I too think it silly to talk of myself in the third person.

• Like 3

Not quite sure what you are asking me to do. Don't you have a herd to attend to or is the snow to deep up that way  you can't get out?

Had that done by 10am. Now I have just been enjoying the day watching shows of hunters enjoying their hunts passing little bucks waiting for the big ones they have on trail cams on top of reading a couple magazines that have nothing but stories of big bucks while I shop for some new hunting products with nothing but pictures of big deer all over them. Hell I can't get away from big bucks no matter where I turn in the hunting world.

Here are some FACTS for ya..........
Most hunters would like to see or shoot a big buck while deer hunting.
Most hunters don't mind if they don't kill anything on a given hunt. Much more to hunting than killing.
Most hunters would still be out hunting, even if they couldn't shoot a buck.
Hunting is something different for every individual. Not a one size fits all.
Sometimes intelligent people, have not a clue. As they refuse to listen.
Some self proclaimed deer expert and his know nothing, stormy little yap dog, are really annoying.
Some people really are totally blinded by their own misguided sense of self worth. 
The self proclaimed expert just loves to argue a point. That after a while loses all meaning, to anyone but himself.
That FSW will come back with a snarky remark to this post, while I laugh my ass off. And feel sadness for his sorry ass.
Those are some facts as grampy see's them.
And I too think it silly to talk of myself in the third person.

I guess you were lucky enough to read the post above from one of your buddies that proves your one so called fact is bullshit. That's enough for me.