New world record non typical

rob-c

17 minutes ago, grampy said:

Here are some FACTS for ya..........

Most hunters would like to see or shoot a big buck while deer hunting.

Most hunters don't mind if they don't kill anything on a given hunt. Much more to hunting than killing.

Most hunters would still be out hunting, even if they couldn't shoot a buck.

Hunting is something different for every individual. Not a one size fits all.

Sometimes intelligent people, have not a clue. As they refuse to listen.

Some self proclaimed deer expert and his know nothing, stormy little yap dog, are really annoying.

Some people really are totally blinded by their own misguided sense of self worth. 

The self proclaimed expert just loves to argue a point. That after a while loses all meaning, to anyone but himself.

That FSW will come back with a snarky remark to this post, while I laugh my ass off. And feel sadness for his sorry ass.

Those are some facts as grampy see's them.

And I too think it silly to talk of myself in the third person.

Grampy, I think the power of "FACT" only works when you add it to the beginning of each statement. For example:

FACT. Most hunters would like to see or shoot a big buck while deer hunting.

FACT. Most hunters don't mind if they don't kill anything on a given hunt. Much more to hunting than killing.

However you may get double points if you throw in a closing "FACT."

FACT. Most hunters would still be out hunting, even if they couldn't shoot a buck. FACT.

FACT. Hunting is something different for every individual. Not a one size fits all. FACT.

That's like 200% of truth right there and therefore is incontestable.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, grampy said:

:rofl:

So what's so wrong about guys wanting to hunt bigger bucks ?

My father who's in his 80s   use to hunt for meat didn't really care .

Guys today don't think so .

Horn or no horn , its  fun and  people like to HUNT but if you are saying that for most they would be more happy a doe walked out in front of them instead of a buck  I dought it not in today's world .

8 minutes ago, left field said:

Grampy, I think the power of "FACT" only works when you add it to the beginning of each statement. For example:

FACT. Most hunters would like to see or shoot a big buck while deer hunting.

FACT. Most hunters don't mind if they don't kill anything on a given hunt. Much more to hunting than killing.

However you may get double points if you throw in a closing "FACT."

FACT. Most hunters would still be out hunting, even if they couldn't shoot a buck. FACT.

FACT. Hunting is something different for every individual. Not a one size fits all. FACT.

That's like 200% of truth right there and therefore is incontestable.

YES!!!!  You're right!!!

I will happily admit my own inadequacies. I know one who can not......

Edited by grampy

6 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

So what's so wrong about guys wanting to hunt bigger bucks ?

My father who's in his 80s   use to hunt for meat didn't really care .

Guys today don't think so .

Horn or no horn , its  fun and  people like to HUNT but if you are saying that for most they would be more happy a doe walked out in front of them instead of a buck  I dought it not in today's world .

Some folks on here can't tell the difference between a preference and a driving desire. Turn the clocks back a few years when the DEC had that brain fart and made couple weeks doe only during archery in the high population areas. I didn't hunt. Was it becasue I wasn't gong to hunt and all I wanted was to shoot a buck? nah. I was more or less just protesting and not giving them what they wanted. Most years those first two or three weeks are when I am shooting does anyway. But if that regulation had stuck I sure would have been out there in subsequent years. I do some scouting and some years even toss in some plots. Even have run cameras in years past. Just trying to better my odds. I like to think I am a decent hunter but most of my good bucks are just a byproduct of my hunting not a byproduct of me hunting big bucks. if that makes sense. If I am in a stand and a doe and a spike and a 150 class buck walk out I am going to take the shot at the 150 all day long. Why, becasue I live to hunt big bucks and they are what define me? Nah. but they don't come around very often and that is what makes them special. I don't see one every day and that is why my heart races more than normal when a doe walks out. I can't even tell you the number of doe I have shot in my hunting career. But what i would call really good bucks I could count on one hand. Should be about 4 hands if I hand't screwed them up..lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Culvercreek hunt club said:

Some folks on here can't tell the difference between a preference and a driving desire. Turn the clocks back a few years when the DEC had that brain fart and made couple weeks doe only during archery in the high population areas. I didn't hunt. Was it becasue I wasn't gong to hunt and all I wanted was to shoot a buck? nah. I was more or less just protesting and not giving them what they wanted. Most years those first two or three weeks are when I am shooting does anyway. But if that regulation had stuck I sure would have been out there in subsequent years. I do some scouting and some years even toss in some plots. Even have run cameras in years past. Just trying to better my odds. I like to think I am a decent hunter but most of my good bucks are just a byproduct of my hunting not a byproduct of me hunting big bucks. if that makes sense. If I am in a stand and a doe and a spike and a 150 class buck walk out I am going to take the shot at the 150 all day long. Why, becasue I live to hunt big bucks and they are what define me? Nah. but they don't come around very often and that is what makes them special. I don't see one every day and that is why my heart races more than normal when a doe walks out. I can't even tell you the number of doe I have shot in my hunting career. But what i would call really good bucks I could count on one hand. Should be about 4 hands if I hand't screwed them up..lol

that spring DEC had their deer management overview webcast that you could attend in person at certain locations. nothing really against Mr Hurst, but if you were there in Albany to see the look of disdain on his face when admitting it was a screw up would've been priceless. he "noted" that participation went down for the very reason you didn't hunt. sometimes there's too many chiefs in the teepee down there.

4 minutes ago, wolc123 said:

If deer were not edible, I would not hunt them.   If they lacked antlers, I would hunt them just as hard.

if deer weren't edible they'd be overpopulated and eating what was edible that you were trying to grow to eat or feed what was edible. you'd then shoot them anyway. just a thought.

if deer weren't edible they'd be overpopulated and eating what was edible that you were trying to grow to eat or feed what was edible. you'd then shoot them anyway. just a thought.

Like coyotes??? I don’t hunt those either while I imagine there are some trophy yotes out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fSW serious non confrontational question about sheds....do your deer drop their antlers all at the same time -give or take a week or so? Do your deer hold their horns longer than wild deer? Is it better for their antler growth if they drop them early so they can regrow larger next year?

fSW serious non confrontational question about sheds....do your deer drop their antlers all at the same time -give or take a week or so? Do your deer hold their horns longer than wild deer? Is it better for their antler growth if they drop them early so they can regrow larger next year?

I’m interested to know as well.

Also, is it true that a wet spring leads to bigger racks? I always hear that out west

On 2/16/2019 at 3:42 PM, Biz-R-OWorld said:

I’m interested to know as well.

Also, is it true that a wet spring leads to bigger racks? I always hear that out west

yes for free range deer, for his not sure. i would guess they probably have access to plenty of water and high quality food to make poor growing season moot.

On 2/16/2019 at 3:35 PM, crappyice said:

no idea about his deer but there's this....
https://www.qdma.com/mild-winters-mean-smaller-antlers/

I guess you were lucky enough to read the post above from one of your buddies that proves your one so called fact is bullshit. That's enough for me.

I have some serious questions for you regarding sheds...hoping you will return with some Knowledge

• Like 1