rob-c

New world record non typical

Recommended Posts

Just stumbled on the hunter’s Instagram that got that deer.  He has trail cam pics of the deer in a field.  Pretty cool, seems like a normal everyday guy, good for him.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

$1MM?? Who would turn that down? Give me the money and a replica and I'm hunting all over the mid-west the following season. Im very skeptical of that number though. You may be able to really hustle with endorsement deals, licensing, shows, etc and earn money off a monster buck but I doubt anyone is offering seven figures for one

I think it would bring more than a million. Its a piece of historical art and someone with the coin would buy it to put in their den. 

People spend more money on less IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Does Every state have  those rules ?
 

Yes. Nobody can just go buy a deer. There are a few hoops that one must go thru. If we could we would not be one of the worst deer hunting states I would bet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:


Yes. Nobody can just go buy a deer. There are a few hoops that one must go thru. If we could we would not be one of the worst deer hunting states I would bet.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Black market possibly? 

:)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think it would bring more than a million. Its a piece of historical art and someone with the coin would buy it to put in their den. 
People spend more money on less IMO.

He will make close to that just from the bigger sporting goods store to put a mount in their stores of a replica.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black market possibly? 

 

Farms are inventoried and animals accounted for. Someone somewhere would have seen a buck that size of a farm or ranch. Kinda hard to eep something like that a secret in this world.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Four Season Whitetail's said:


Farms are inventoried and animals accounted for. Someone somewhere would have seen a buck that size of a farm or ranch. Kinda hard to eep something like that a secret in this world.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe he   got it from china then they clone  everything else now,  why not monster bucks lol 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:


Pic taken from high fence deer? Think that buck would bring in 6 figures for a hunter? Negative. Kansas, Texas and many more have piles of those things.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep just an average real world buck.   Not big by FSW standards.   Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yep just an average real world buck.   Not big by FSW standards.   Lol

Money wise the only thing a deer that size would bring would be the price the magazine paid the high fence operation to take the pic. Or the price a guide would charge to hunt it. After that it's worth zip in the deer hunting industry.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe milo Hanson recieved 1.3 million for rights for replicas and endorsements from his buck.. it was a huge point to get rompola to sign off saying he wouldn't enter his to take away hansons projected income from displaying at shows and telling his story.. so 7 figures is easily attained..as I said this guy just hit the lottery

  • Like 1

I've hunted almost everyday of my life.. the rest have been wasted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is what he made up.to 2008. Add 10 more years and it 1.2 or .3 million..


The only one making money from the Hanson buck is Milo Hanson. Even then, the money isn't as much as you'd think. Hanson told Outdoor Life in 2008 that he made $600,000 in 10 years off the deer. That's a huge amount of money, but not as much as many hunters suspected.

I've hunted almost everyday of my life.. the rest have been wasted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:


Money wise the only thing a deer that size would bring would be the price the magazine paid the high fence operation to take the pic. Or the price a guide would charge to hunt it. After that it's worth zip in the deer hunting industry.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does that have to to with whether a 170 buck is a big buck in the real Deer world as you put it.  Your livestock ain’t the the real deer world - anything but.   

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moog. I agree my uncle has gone to iowa for 7 years now he still hasn't shot anything bigger than hes taken here 150in or so..  i see the same buck in about every magazine and if you read the back of DVDs most of the deer the experts are taking are all in gross score.. 150 160s.. 170 and up are usually flaunted no matter what state they come from


I've hunted almost everyday of my life.. the rest have been wasted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What does that have to to with whether a 170 buck is a big buck in the real Deer world as you put it.  Your livestock ain’t the the real deer world - anything but.   

I don't know. Maybe someday you will be able to afford to go somewhere and see/kill some real deer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:


I don't know. Maybe someday you will be able to afford to go somewhere and see/kill some real deer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You Go out of state go shoot a grizzly a elk a mule deer mountain goat or anything  not found in NY .

Just to shoot  whitetails  don't think so .

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the typical record/hanson buck was 4.5 yrs old. it's very likely it would've gotten bigger. at least gross score wise. it's very possible it'd grow deductible points and would've no longer been the record.  crazy to imagine but true. 

I’ve read 3.5, either way it’s amazing


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The list of top states for big whitetails overall hasn’t changed much in the last few decades, but the number of B&C giants shot has exploded; in fact, new states are now shooting more B&C bucks than hunters in the top dozen states were tagging just a few decades ago.

In case you’re wondering, Michigan and Nebraska tied for 13th place overall with 49 typical whitetail bucks making book since 2000. Arkansas was 14th and, this might be a little surprising, Mississippi and Pennsylvania were 15th and 16th, respectively—as this article was being written Mississippi had 37 typical whitetails make book since 2000 and Pennsylvania had 32. (They both beat Oklahoma’s 27.)Even New York state, which has some areas with antler-point restrictions, had 21 bucks make the B&C book since 2000. Still, the restrictions aren’t the explanation, as many of the bucks that made book from New York weren’t shot in the antler-point restriction area. Rather, antler-point restrictions are part of a statewide discussion among hunters in general that fosters an awareness that causes more hunters to pass on young bucks.  


I've hunted almost everyday of my life.. the rest have been wasted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, G-Man said:

The list of top states for big whitetails overall hasn’t changed much in the last few decades, but the number of B&C giants shot has exploded; in fact, new states are now shooting more B&C bucks than hunters in the top dozen states were tagging just a few decades ago.

In case you’re wondering, Michigan and Nebraska tied for 13th place overall with 49 typical whitetail bucks making book since 2000. Arkansas was 14th and, this might be a little surprising, Mississippi and Pennsylvania were 15th and 16th, respectively—as this article was being written Mississippi had 37 typical whitetails make book since 2000 and Pennsylvania had 32. (They both beat Oklahoma’s 27.)Even New York state, which has some areas with antler-point restrictions, had 21 bucks make the B&C book since 2000. Still, the restrictions aren’t the explanation, as many of the bucks that made book from New York weren’t shot in the antler-point restriction area. Rather, antler-point restrictions are part of a statewide discussion among hunters in general that fosters an awareness that causes more hunters to pass on young bucks.  

Interesting... thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:


I don't know. Maybe someday you will be able to afford to go somewhere and see/kill some real deer.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And afford a big mansion like you.  One can dream FSW.   One can dream.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, moog5050 said:

I am not saying he won't make money, but I don't quite get it either.  Guys like Dan Infalt kill big buck after big buck on public land and don't seem to be getting rich from it.  But you kill one really big buck and its 7 figures?  I guess people and companies pay more to see one really big set of antlers than I would but I certainly don't blame the guy for cashing in if he can.

Infalt is selling his own branded climbing sticks right now for $80 for one stick - most people buy 4-5 of them for a set. And his entire shipments have sold out in hours. He has a group of business partners that are monetizing his fame/strategy now. Before he didn't have the "team" I guess you could say, to make it happen. Plus his new DVDs and clothing line, etc. Andrae D'Acquisto whom Dan is often tied to, has monetized significantly and now lives on a square mile in Iowa - and is again monetizing with new saddles, stands, sticks, cameras, and arrow equipment at this year's ATA.

Infalt's not getting rich earlier in life is more on him and not the opportunity he had in front of him. He also needs to maintain his working man image most likely, regardless of income level, to connect w/his core. Infalt is well on his way to cashing in.

The Hansen buck was estimated to have been worth $1 million dollars in 1995 - and that record is now 25-26 years old. The only published statement by Hansen is he made $600,000 off of the buck in 10 years - he's most certainly made more than $1M off of that buck as that statement was made in 2008. Using fuzzy math - he's made at least $1.56M ($60k x26) on that buck to date.


www.pursuitoutdoors.com or pursuitoutdoorstrailcameras on Facebook
Trail Camera Sales, Reviews, and Troubleshooting - PM for HNY pricing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never heard of Dan Infalt till now.........just showing my age I guess.  :)


Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, phade said:

 

The Hansen buck was estimated to have been worth $1 million dollars in 1995 - and that record is now 25-26 years old. The only published statement by Hansen is he made $600,000 off of the buck in 10 years - he's most certainly made more than $1M off of that buck as that statement was made in 2008. Using fuzzy math - he's made at least $1.56M ($60k x26) on that buck to date.

So less than he could have made working a decent job


I find a duck's opinion of me is very much influenced by whether or not I have bread

-Mitch Hedberg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.