New world record non typical

rob-c

Well it looks like it is official:

BREAKING NEWS: Brewster's 320 5/8-Inch Non-Typical Buck Pending World Record Announced:

After weeks of speculation, the official 60-day entry score for Luke Brewster's epic Illinois non-typical bow-killed whitetail was announced today in the OSG booth at the 2019 ATA Show in Louisville. According to North American Whitetail editor Gordon Whittington and associate editor Haynes Shelton, the Brewster buck is the largest buck ever taken by a hunter anywhere in North America!

In fact, after 60-day measurements were obtained by official measurers a few days ago, the Brewster buck has a gross score of 330 0/8 inches and a net score of 320 5/8 inches. Those figures position the buck for world record status as both the top non-typical bow kill of all-time and the top hunter harvested whitetail of all-time.

luke-brewster-330.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve D said:

Well it looks like it is official:

BREAKING NEWS: Brewster's 320 5/8-Inch Non-Typical Buck Pending World Record Announced:

After weeks of speculation, the official 60-day entry score for Luke Brewster's epic Illinois non-typical bow-killed whitetail was announced today in the OSG booth at the 2019 ATA Show in Louisville. According to North American Whitetail editor Gordon Whittington and associate editor Haynes Shelton, the Brewster buck is the largest buck ever taken by a hunter anywhere in North America!

In fact, after 60-day measurements were obtained by official measurers a few days ago, the Brewster buck has a gross score of 330 0/8 inches and a net score of 320 5/8 inches. Those figures position the buck for world record status as both the top non-typical bow kill of all-time and the top hunter harvested whitetail of all-time.

luke-brewster-330.jpg

I would be interested to know if they did a DNA test on that deer .

Edited by Storm914

13 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

The hunter had trail cam pics of this deer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those camera pictures could be from in a  deer farm for all we know  DNA would be the only way to know for sure, that can not be faked . Farm deer not going to have  the same  genetics as a  wild deer .  You would think with all the money he could get from a fake , that someone would do a DNA test  just to make sure . 

Edited by Storm914

Those camera pictures could be from in a  deer farm for all we know  DNA would be the only way to know for sure, that can not be faked . Farm deer not going to have  the same  genetics as a  wild deer .  You would think with all the money he could get from a fake , that someone would do a DNA test  just to make sure . 

This is a known wild deer long before it was killed

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Biz-R-OWorld said:

This is a known wild deer long before it was killed

Known by who ? 

The other  guys  that helped him pull it off for the millions he could make :)

unless I see DNA I'm not convinced  100% of anything that big in the wild .

but that's just me 

it could have been let loose from a deer farm  that's another possibility  .

and I saw a deer from a deer farm online someplace had a rack a lot like that one  .  

Edited by Storm914

Known by who ? 
The other  guys  that helped him pull it off for the millions he could make
unless I see DNA I'm not convinced  100% of anything that big in the wild .

but that's just me 
it could have been let loose from a deer farm  that's another possibility  .

If you are not convinced then you don’t have to contribute to the millions he will make. He will not care how you feel

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, crappyice said:

If you are not convinced then you don’t have to contribute to the millions he will make. He will not care how you feel

True but you would think with DNA technology available some biologist studying deer  would be interested in the genetics of a deer like that also not just doubters like me would like to know more .

3 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

True but you would think with DNA technology available some biologist studying deer  would be interested in the genetics of a deer like that also not just doubters like me would like to know more .

Well lets see...In order to DNA something you would need something to DNA it to?  Do you want it Dna'ed to the Mom or the Dad?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Well lets see...In order to DNA something you would need something to DNA it to?  Do you want it Dna'ed to the Mom or the Dad?

Come on FSW you were not born yesterday .

It's not possible for say someone like you and a few friends to pull off a hoax like that ? 

For that kind of money  .

1 minute ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Negative. It will only dna back to parents or brother,sister  Chances of finding one of them would be slim.

Farm deer going to have less genetic diversity  or different genetic diversity. Then  a wild deer  Guaranteed an expert in DNA can tell .

Don't  even need the parents, of that deer .

Just DNA of a wild deer from the area . Compare  that deer  and DNA from a farm deer will also help sort it out .

It's either going to be closer to the farm deer or the deer in the area genetically.  

9 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Farm deer going to have less genetic diversity  or different genetic diversity. Then  a wild deer  Guaranteed an expert in DNA can tell .

Don't  even need the parents, of that deer .

Just DNA of a wild deer from the area . Compare  that deer  and DNA from a farm deer will also help sort it out .

It's either going to be closer to the farm deer or the deer in the area genetically.  

LOL... Give it up dude. The only thing dna will tell them is that they are or are not related.                                                      So you think if a deer from Pa walked into Ny they could tell that the Pa deer is a non resident animal?

Edited by Four Season Whitetail's
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

LOL... Give it up dude. The only thing dna will tell them is that they are or are not related. 

Its more advanced then that  just like with people they can tell what part of the world your roots are from it is  know  different actually  easier with deer because they don't move around as much .

Edited by Storm914

In the beginning what you are saying was true  but now DNA tests  have advanced to the point they can tell pretty much where animals or  people's roots came from . And you don't need DNA from the parents to do it ..

I know what you are saying but things have  Advanced since those days .

Edited by Storm914

11 minutes ago, Storm914 said:

Its more advanced then that  just like with people they can tell what part of the world your roots are from it is  know  different actually  easier with deer because they don't move around as much .

Yeah Ok. You keep telling yourself that. You really think they can just draw blood from 2 different animals and tell you one is from Maryland and one is from Ohio?   All they can tell you is those 2 deer are not related.  So if that buck was shot in Ohio but walked in from Pa before it was killed that deer would not be legit in your book?

Edited by Four Season Whitetail's

1 minute ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Yeah Ok. You keep telling yourself that. You really think they can just draw blood from 2 different animals and tell you one is from Maryland and one is from Ohio?   All they can tell you is those 2 deer are not related.  So if that buck was shot in Ohio but walked into Pa before it was killed that deer would not be legit in your book?

Bigger the sample more accurately the results some thing like dozen animals from a area will give  accurate results  have to read up on it  but I'm telling you they can tell more then you think my cousin does genetic research for yale he was telling me  last time I talked  to him  they make advancements like every few months  in that field .

9 minutes ago, Four Season Whitetail's said:

Yeah Ok. You keep telling yourself that. You really think they can just draw blood from 2 different animals and tell you one is from Maryland and one is from Ohio?   All they can tell you is those 2 deer are not related.  So if that buck was shot in Ohio but walked in from Pa before it was killed that deer would not be legit in your book?

I will give you one example they  did DNA test of  eastern coyotes  they found they are hybrids that are part wolf and  dog 

https://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/yes-eastern-coyotes-are-hybrids-coywolf-not-thing/

So finding out about that deer will be not a problem