EZ V Sight?

518BowSlayer

neat concept. definitely get the idea and open view to not cover your point of aim. in practicality i'm not sure it'd help me. i make it a point to try and judge yardage with rangefinder as a backup. i've never had the best luck comparing pin gapping to size of target any which way versus flat out judging yardage with practice. one concern i have is low light a super bright  insert like that drowns out the deer. the deer and background all become pretty dark. definitely a robust design even compared to say a protected pin fiber sight.

even though the main goal of it is to use it as a rangefinder at full draw, that's not really what got me interested in it. its just having that open visual and not having deer blocked by pins. I feel like I focus too much on the pin and the target gets blurry. gonna try it with an open mind. might be a flop but it's worth a try

17 hours ago, dbHunterNY said:

neat concept. definitely get the idea and open view to not cover your point of aim. in practicality i'm not sure it'd help me. i make it a point to try and judge yardage with rangefinder as a backup. i've never had the best luck comparing pin gapping to size of target any which way versus flat out judging yardage with practice. one concern i have is low light a super bright  insert like that drowns out the deer. the deer and background all become pretty dark. definitely a robust design even compared to say a protected pin fiber sight.

you make a good point about the really bright insert, that could be an issue

518Bowsayer, I would be curious as to how it works for you. I shoot a single pin adjustable site and I usually keep it set at 20 yds.  The only time I move the pin is if I'm shooting 3d at different ranges. I also have "getting old" eyes and have compensated for the blurry pins with a lens set in my peep site. This helps keep the pin a little clearer but not strong enough to affect my view of the target. I can see the point of the open picture as the V eliminates the pin, I just think it will change my concentration of the target from a point on the animal to an area on the animal thus changing my whole concept of aiming. (I hope that makes sense) After years of practice with standard sites this might take some time to get used to? It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks! Having said all that I'm still curious/interested in trying one of these sites out. It could be a game changer if it really helps with accuracy and not having to make a guesstimate of the range of the target.