lighted knocks for bolts

2012_taco

I'm thinking of getting lighted knocks for my bolts. A friend gave me 1 to try but it didn't fit my Victory bolts. It was too loose.  I was looking on ebay and there are lots out there. My bolts are .300 inside dia., i see some that say they will fit .297-.302 bolts. Does that sound like too much play? I'm hesitant to buy them as i'm sure they are imported knock offs. (no pun intended)

What do you guys/gals use? Anyone use the cheapies with any luck? 

16 minutes ago, 2012_taco said:

I'm thinking of getting lighted knocks for my bolts. A friend gave me 1 to try but it didn't fit my Victory bolts. It was too loose.  I was looking on ebay and there are lots out there. My bolts are .300 inside dia., i see some that say they will fit .297-.302 bolts. Does that sound like too much play? I'm hesitant to buy them as i'm sure they are imported knock offs. (no pun intended)

What do you guys/gals use? Anyone use the cheapies with any luck? 

If they are loose, you can use Saran Wrap.  Push the nock through the wrap and into bolt.  Then trim. 

• Like 1

I used nocturnals this year. They worked well. They have a notch cut in the portion that you would insert into the bolt that compresses and closes up as you insert it. It makes sense that its there to make up for the variation in bolt diameter.  They usually have some deals for them on amazon. 

Pretty sure I want to go with some lighted nocks on my crossbow bolts this season too. So will follow this thread.

My new compound bow is tuned down to around 45lbs. because I couldn't pull 50lbs. with it. So those will be going slow enough to see where I hit. Once crossbow gets full inclusion, my compound bow days will be over anyways. 

I need some new bolts. I was going to just purchase the ones that come with the lighted nocks. I had lighted nocks on my bolts this year and they were not anywhere near as good as the noctournals I use on the compound. I wish I could remember the name of them but  got rid of the package quite a while ago. I got them at flying arrow sports. They were a blue body with a red light. There were terrible. Don't buy them. They would turn on if you just touched them and were not bright at all. I was able to find my bolt in the tall grass/weeds after it got dark this past fall so I guess they sort of served their purpose. 

Pretty sure I want to go with some lighted nocks on my crossbow bolts this season too. So will follow this thread.
My new compound bow is tuned down to around 45lbs. because I couldn't pull 50lbs. with it. So those will be going slow enough to see where I hit. Once crossbow gets full inclusion, my compound bow days will be over anyways. 
Come on Grampy....we need updated pics on that new compound rig. Is it driving tacks right ?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

i bought some for the xbow for next year although so far every deer/yote i have shot with the xbow hasnt gone more than 70 yards.  But still like to see that arrow hit better.  I have had one miss with it and spent a while being sure of that, and a lighted nock sure wouldve been handy.  

I had to buy special ones to fit the capture nocks on my parker arrows.  And now that they are out of business prob wont find them again.  

I bought a 3 pack of lighted nocks for my Victory Decimator bolts on EBAY for something like ten or twelve dollars . They fit I.D. diameters from .297 - .302 . They are a snug fit and work great .

Last summer I bought a 3-pack of the Victory Decimator Bolts with lighted nocks on sale for $29.95 at DICKs . Havn't done anything with them yet .

• Like 1

Unless they have changed the way they make them, Nockturnals cannot be washed when they get bloody.  Had one ruined when I rinsed one off.  Never worked again.  Nockturnal wouldn't even respond to my emails when I asked why. 

Take a look at Lumenocks.  20 times the battery life of a Nockurnal and can be completely submerged.