NY Limo Ban coming?

WNYBuckHunter

So let’s make more laws when that limo and driver where already not suppose to be operating. Driver had no license and the limo was not registered so they where already breaking multiple laws. I guess breaking even more laws will change their minds before doing illegal stuff.

Sounds familiar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 6

I know a company that builds these stretched out rolling coffins. They should not be on the road. I've seen damage to the stucture just by lifting them. Dealerships who ultimately have to work on them hate em. Mechanics hate them because they are next to impossible to get on even a drive on lift

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sits in trees said:

I know a company that builds these stretched out rolling coffins. They should not be on the road. I've seen damage to the stucture just by lifting them. Dealerships who ultimately have to work on them hate em. Mechanics hate them because they are next to impossible to get on even a drive on lift

As a mechanic  who has worked on them thats a load of crap. They are just another vehicle. You use jackstands if won't go on lift and I have never seen one bend. Perhaps the fool who tried to lift it should know the limitations of their equipment.  

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, sits in trees said:

So your a mechanic ? Or your just spouting your opinion with no facts? I worked for a school bus contractor (limos fall under DOT inspections )for several years as the lead mechanic and worked hand in hand with Ny DOT inspectors.The  DOT inspection process is 10 times more stringent than a standard ny state car inspection. This accident rests soly on the operator, the limo had Failed DOT inspection and never should have been on the road . driver did not have the proper license / endorsements to be driving said vehicle.

As usual the typical liberal response is to do something even if it’s right or wrong (never waste a tragedy). So explain  to me why you think that a honest transportation company that keeps his pass rate up on his DOT inspection ( yes there is a rate look it up ) has to cut his losses and most likely sell his limo because of one dishonest operator. Makes no sense, it’s not the vehicle it’s the operator..... boy that sounds familiar.. 

Edited by rob-c
  • Like 8

51 minutes ago, sits in trees said:

Youve seen damage to the "structure" from lifting them? Yeah, if you lift them improperly, youll end up with damage. Same thing happens if you lift anything improperly. You just love to defend anything Cuomo says. Youre nuts.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sits in trees said:

Shocking that you would agree with that moron in albany.

Youve seen damage to the "structure" from lifting them? Yeah, if you lift them improperly, youll end up with damage. Same thing happens if you lift anything improperly. You just love to defend anything Cuomo says. Youre nuts.
He's not just nuts. He swings from Cuomo's Nuts probably gargles them any chance he gets

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sits in trees said:

Do you agree with everything this marxist dictator proposes?

6 hours ago, sits in trees said:

"Rolling coffins"?  You have no clue what you're talking about.  Just trolling, as usual.

Getting a stretched SUV limo onto a lift is no different than driving a school bus onto a lift.  Go ahead, ask me how I know...

• Like 2

On 1/15/2019 at 7:43 PM, WNYBuckHunter said:

The current laws need teeth to put the scumbags out of business, but some of these proposals would surely put even the reputable employers out of business.  Specifically,

1. Requiring a CDL with passenger endorsement for driving any limo capable of carrying 8 or more people.  A typical stretch limo carries 10 passengers and the driver only needs a Class E license.  I would imagine that most chauffeurs could not or would not achieve a CDL to drive such vehicles thus leading to large job losses.

2. Eliminate the seatbelts exemption.  Really?  How would this be enforced?  Are they going to ticket all the passengers or just the driver if any of the passengers refuse to comply?  This is absurd.  

3. $120 fee per DOT inspection.  Ridiculous money grab by the state.  That would cost the carriers $240 per vehicle per year and adds to an already high cost of doing business in NY.  This money would be better spent on vehicle maintenance and ultimately would be passed into passengers anyway.

The Schoharie crash was absolutely horrific and never should have happened.  Is the solution really to wipe out all of the reputable carriers?  To implement all of Cuomo's new regulations would have a great impact on future safe rides routinely given to wedding parties, prom kids and groups who want to go out and have a good time without worrying about drinking and driving.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, rob-c said:

So your a mechanic ? Or your just spouting your opinion with no facts? I worked for a school bus contractor (limos fall under DOT inspections )for several years as the lead mechanic and worked hand in hand with Ny DOT inspectors.The  DOT inspection process is 10 times more stringent than a standard ny state car inspection. This accident rests soly on the operator, the limo had Failed DOT inspection and never should have been on the road . driver did not have the proper license / endorsements to be driving said vehicle.

As usual the typical liberal response is to do something even if it’s right or wrong (never waste a tragedy). So explain  to me why you think that a honest transportation company that keeps his pass rate up on his DOT inspection ( yes there is a rate look it up ) has to cut his losses and most likely sell his limo because of one dishonest operator. Makes no sense, it’s not the vehicle it’s the operator..... boy that sounds familiar.. 

Yep worked for Chevy for 18 yrs. Oh and if you really know anything about DOT inspections which you sound like you don't you'd know the problems and failure rates stretch limos have. NYS DOT puts those things out of service constantly. So insert you head back up your rectum, think a bit, and try again

Edited by sits in trees

7 hours ago, Jdubs said:

"Rolling coffins"?  You have no clue what you're talking about.  Just trolling, as usual.

Getting a stretched SUV limo onto a lift is no different than driving a school bus onto a lift.  Go ahead, ask me how I know...

Your displaying your ignorance by making any type of comparison between a school bus and a stretch limo. What type of school bus are you even talking about, a C, a B. And if you wanna prove your mechanical genius than don't brag about being a school bus mechanic. Anyone who cranks a wrench for a living knows a mechanic who works at a school bus garage is nothing but a flunky wannabe

13 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

No your nuts, are in your mouth Dimwit. Never seen more "yep I'mz a mechanic" than on this forum. Probably all working with harbor freight tools and husky tool boxes...

7 hours ago, sits in trees said:

Yep worked for Chevy for 18 yrs. Oh and if you really know anything about DOT inspections which you sound like you don't you'd know the problems and failure rates stretch limos have. NYS DOT puts those things out of service constantly. So insert you head back up your rectum, think a bit, and try again

So if you were a mechanic , then you know any and all vehicles require preventative  maintenance,  some  more than others.  if a vehicle fails inspection it’s the vehicles fault ? You still didn’t answer my question, why should a honest carrier have to give up his limo that he maintaines, because of one dishonest operator? 

And please by all means enlighten me on all the problems limos have, since my head is up my ass.. 

After reading your childish respons to all the posts your a typical liberal, you have nothing, so you resort to name calling. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, rob-c said:

So if you were a mechanic , then you know any and all vehicles require preventative  maintenance,  some  more than others.  if a vehicle fails inspection it’s the vehicles fault ? You still didn’t answer my question, why should a honest carrier have to give up his limo that he maintaines, because of one dishonest operator? 

And please by all means enlighten me on all the problems limos have, since my head is up my ass.. 

After reading your childish respons to all the posts your a typical liberal, you have nothing, so you resort to name calling. 

You Like these stretch coffins, then put your whole family in one and see what happens when a Ford F-250 t-bones it at 45 mph. Those things snap in half like pretzel sticks. I believe in public safety over some middle eastern business owners right to make a profit. The majority of these limo outfits are run by dingbats who are masters at slipping crap past DOT, combined that with a thin sheet metal unibody over extended sheet metal beer can and you get the results you'd expect.

Edited by sits in trees