Over/Under On Weekend Snowstorm?

Lawdwaz

1 hour ago, MPHunter said:

Weather Channel snow map showing 18-24" here in Albany. I will call 10".

I'm hoping you are closer than the Weather Channel!!!  Especially for the hilltowns. 

The follow up COLD on Monday, with the high at 4 degrees will be the real eye opener.

Whatever it is, I'll deal with it. Just like I always have. No big deal.......  I expect snow and cold in January.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WNYBuckHunter said:

Its a Ford I believe, has no markings on it, but its blue with a white chute.

Lucknow snow blowers are blue with a white auger and chute. Pretty common in New York Think they painted all blue in 2000's. They change the paint schemes every so often.

Edited by landtracdeerhunter
  • Like 1

I brought a couple nice stacks of firewood into the house. A couple more loads this afternoon and I'll be good to go without having to shovel out the stacks in the back if the snow comes. Tractor chains tomorrow if the forecast persists. The pole-saw-to-roof-rake switchover can be done inside if it becomes necessary.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, turkeyfeathers said:

Lake Erie still at 35 degrees so lake effect pounding could very well happen

was watching the news and they looked at years where there was an early Nov snow and then an easy Dec - and all the data showed that the year still ended with the normal amount of snowfall.  That means a lot of snow in a shorter period of time - blah.    

and yeah usually by now Buffalo has made the news at least once with a big lake effect total.  Hope you dont get it but sure seems due.  And next week is supposed to be a cold one.  

Snow blower gassed up oil checked.

Tractor topped off and ran for a half hour. Check.

2 full propane cylanders . Check

Generator  gassed and ran . Check.

Beer in fridge . Venison /  boar chops . Check.

Wife gets stuck at work ... check. 

Makings for a great weekend.

I'm betting 13 real inches of snow in my area... not Yahoo inches.

Edited by Nytracker
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, grampy said:

I'm hoping you are closer than the Weather Channel!!!  Especially for the hilltowns. 

The follow up COLD on Monday, with the high at 4 degrees will be the real eye opener.

Whatever it is, I'll deal with it. Just like I always have. No big deal.......  I expect snow and cold in January.

4 hours ago, MPHunter said:

Weather Channel snow map showing 18-24" here in Albany. I will call 10".

i just checked weatherunderground which is usually very good. i have 2" prior to Saturday then both Sat and Sun 8-12" each day. then clear then another 12" or so later in the week.  3' of snow within the 10 day forecast. new house doesn't have a garage so all the equipment has been sitting at a farm. better go get it and make sure it's running!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

Snow blower gassed up oil checked.

Tractor topped off and ran for a half hour. Check.

2 full propane cylanders . Check

Generator  gassed and ran . Check.

Beer in fridge . Venison /  boar chops . Check.

Wife gets stuck at work ... check. 

Makings for a great weekend.

i'd say your ready. i used to be that ready. new house has got me all messed up.

6 minutes ago, Nytracker said:

After 92  or 93 blizzard  I'm prepared.  A week of shoveling and thawing cars and repairing  wifes car in a snow drift I learned a few things.

not worried about the snow. i am worried about losing power though despite it shouldn't be heavy with the cold. at the old house i had a whole house generator on an automatic transfer switch.  i'll be in the dark without heat with this new house.